Slovenian Youth NTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matiz
    they can't be far from each other since it's practically the same city, west being italian and east slovenian, pink line on the map is the border...
    Hey, don't preach nonsense. Gorizia/Gorica and Nova Gorica is not a divided town.

Comment

Originally posted by Pija_Olimp
      Hey, don't preach nonsense. Gorizia/Gorica and Nova Gorica is not a divided town.
      Originally posted by Me
      both were almost as Berlin, seperated with the wall... wall is gone now, i don't know about the border patrol regime there, when I was there noone asked anything, but I think it could be handy to have the passport along all the time since you'll probably be crossing border all the time
      or you might find something arguable here (I don't)
      Originally posted by Me
      they can't be far from each other since it's practically the same city, west being italian and east slovenian, pink line on the map is the border...
      If you believe the pink line on the map isn't the border, please share it with us...

anything else? maybee?
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Matiz,
        I know you are young, but this is not an excuse for not knowing our history. Not that long ago... counting in human years, there was a documentary made by our national TV about the post WWII situation on our west front, sorry, YU-Italian border. The border in that microlocation of Gorizia/Gorica was drawn in 1974 and yes, Italians got almost the whole town. The only part of the town which they didn't get was the train station which you can still find on the map you linked... that was a Transalpina train station built by Austrians aboutish a hundred years ago. Yugoslavia got only a few suburbian villages like Solkan and Šempeter. What I want to tell you is this: the town which we call Nova Gorica didn't exist in that time. There was only a swamp with the Gorizia's Jewish cementary there. Empty worthless land.
        Thanks to our Slovene prominent or "prominent" if you prefer, post war politicians a new town started to grow in 1949. Partly because the huge area of the western Slovenia stayed without its regional administrative center (area from Bovec, from Idrija, from Podnanos to Kras), partly to show Italians that we can do it and we can do it better than they. The town was built by "Mladinske delovne brigade", if this means anything to you.
        So Nova Gorica was built like Brasilia was or this new capital of Myanmar.

This is the reason why I state these are two separate towns and not one divided town.

I'm sorry to go off topic, but somebody here needed a lesson from history.

Comment

okay, didn't know where exactly you're getting from. Divided isn't the appropriate term here, true. The town indeed wasn't divided, but Nova Gorica was created post WW2 just as you said.

But I guess I would surprise you with my knowledge of history, especially when it comes to WW1 and WW2 in Slovenia... but I'll leave that for some other occasion
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I like to hear this. This knowledge is rare among our people these days, I'm afraid. ;-)

Comment

Slovenia U20 : Bulgaria U20 79:63

Slovenia U20: Preldžić 12, Ja. Močnik 15, Klobučar 10, Mlakar 11, K. Lorbek 6, Čigoja 2, Krušič 10, Brčina 2, Vidmar 13.

Comment

MontenegroU20-SloveniaU20 71-80 (26:17, 12:21, 20:25, 13:17)

Montenegro: Martinić 11, Su. Šehović 7, Mijović 6, Savović 4, Milatović 5, Bjelić, Kuveljić, Gajović 3, Zeković 3, Se. Šehović, Jovanović 3, Dašić 29.

Slovenia: Perko, Preldžić 14, Močnik 8, Klobučar 14, Mlakar 11, Lorbek 5, Koštomaj 6, Krušić 4, Ciglar 2, Vidmar.

Comment

That's a very good result in my opinion. Coach Alilović said they played terrible in the first quarter but still they managed to tie the result after one half. In the last two quarters they controlled the game and won the game. Today they play last friendly game vs. home team of the tournament - FYROM U20.

Comment

It's really nice to see, that the team has a spirit to fight after bad 1st quarter. Every day I'm more optimistic about getting medal in U-20 championship. I also think Vidmar could be MVP. Allthough Illyasova (and some more) will be tough challenge.
                    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

For Montenegro this was also a good result. The team is not a real 87 generation. It is a mix of 87 and 88. And wihtout Mijatovic and Kastratovic the team is playing good and had good resulst so far. They beat Macedonia one day befroe with 83-75. Today they will play against Bulgaria. And i think that Slovenia has good chances for a medal.

Comment

Slovenia U20 : FYROM U20 82:72 (21:24, 20:15, 15:17, 26:16)

Preldžić 7, Klobučar 10, Mlakar 9, K. Lorbek 16, Koštomaj 2, Krušič 7, Čigoja 2, Vidmar 16.

From thursday to saturday they'll play vs. Spanish, Polish and Lithuanian U20 NT.
                        One player will get out of NT untill monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                          One player will get out of NT untill monday.
                          Borut Grušovnik (208cm, 1987, C) was picked as the player who won't play on the EC. The last few days before the championship another player will be removed from the squad. In my opinion Aljoša Krišto (195cm, 1987, SG/SF) or one of the playmakers will be removed.

Comment

Slovenia U20 : Spain U20 84:71 (19:19, 49:39, 65:55) full stats

Slovenia U20: Perko 0, Preldžić 13 (1:1) + 8 rebounds + 3 assists, Krišto 0, Ja. Močnik 14 (4:6) + 7 assists, Klobučar 21 (3:3) + 4 rebounds + 4 steals + 3 assists, Mlakar 6, K. Lorbek 2, Brčina 2, Koštomaj 2, Krušič 2, Čigoja 5, Vidmar 17 (1:2) + 15 rebounds

Spain U20: Lull 9, Ribas 2, Lucas 0, Sol 2, Sanchez 10, Beiran 11, Perez 0, Fernandez 13, Teurel 5, Gama 0, Rey 11, Oscar 8.
                            Last edited by elaj; 06-28-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Slovenia U20 squad named Jaka Klobučar (197cm, 1987) as their captain for upcoming U20 EC tournament.

Slovenia U20: Lithuania U20 84:74 (24:17, 20:27, 16:13, 24:17)

Slovenia U20: Preldžić 9, Krišto 2, Ja. Močnik 9, Klobučar 18, Mlakar 2, K. Lorbek 5, Brčina 2, Koštomaj 4, Krušič 4, Čigoja 3, Vidmar 26.
                              Last edited by elaj; 06-29-2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

3rd victory on the tournament

Slovenia U20 - Poland U20 80:68 (19:17, 17:12, 18:11, 26:23)

Preldžič 16 +6reb, Močnik 14 +6assists, Vidmar 10 +12 reb, Krušič 8, Lorbek 7 +6reb, Klobučar 6, Mlakar 6, Krišto 6, Koštomaj 5; Diduszko 17, Pietras 13 +10reb, Michalsti 13, Kulik 10, Dluski 6, Jarecki 5

...faster than you, Elaj

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information