Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Slovenian Youth NTs

  1. #61
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,728
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    well, might be... but the bball publicity is still used of better results and if U20 would get relegated, with the U18 and U16 managing the same the year before, it can't be just a matter of bad generation... but more of bad generations.
    the truth is that compared to 10 years ago there are half less local small clubs working seriously with the youth.

    I haven't paid as much attention to younger cathegories lately as I used to, but 've seen Z. Dragič and Bilič few years back... as well as Tomič already in his primary school days... I think that with some proper playing time and some trust by their coach they might develope into some servicable players. As you said not some extra talent (although imo both Dragič and Tomič have the potential for that, or at least had one at certain point of their careers, especialy Tomič) but servicable guys that can play euroleague... i mean D. Lorbek got to play for NT and I'd curse my brain out that will never happen with his level of talent 4-5 years ago... let's just wait for some more surprises
    Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 08-07-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  2. #62
    Senior Member Alyosha12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    Aside from a lot of small clubs not working well with young talent as you said JPF, another big problem i see is the pusification of our youth leagues, no more full court press no more zone etc.

    Those were the strongest points of our youth teams, our young players who played in our youth leagues learned from a very young age to play hard strong aggressive defense and also how to break that defense, that is the reason even weak generation always made it pass the first stages.

    But now that strong aggressive D is forbidden in our leagues our players depend on super talented players of which not many have emerged since the rule changes took place.

    Our players were always very fundamentally sound with good D, but now that our youth leagues are pussyfied they don't need to be anymore, hence no more success on the international level.

  3. #63
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,728
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    yeah... but on the other hands you could see even teams in freaking ŠKL with some too enthusiastic coach playing freaking full court zone press for 30 minutes with half of the players barely reaching the age of 13
    I know many guys had a lot to say about this in the past, I laughed untill I went to see a friend of mine that was some 3rd grade referee back than... he warned me before the game and than I realised he was telling the truth and Herksel was the biggest role model for some relatively uncapable coaches that considered Obradović a pussy when running a team is in question

    I don't like those rules neither, but to be honest that happens when you've got imbecils with no psychological knowledge and only starting to learn about being a basketball coach dealing with 13, 14 years old kids practicing bball... and the only thing that matters is a result. At that age? the most stupid thing possible, yeah... but tell that to the guys above demanding results from them... and than we go in circles... as if I could care less with the fact Olimpija keeps winning those "junior" titles and yet fails to produce any noticable player from those victorious youth selections.

    As far as I am concerned our basketball is filled with too many imbecils with low social inteligence... and along that... bad karma all over the place...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  4. #64
    Senior Member Alyosha12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan
    yeah... but on the other hands you could see even teams in freaking ŠKL with some too enthusiastic coach playing freaking full court zone press for 30 minutes with half of the players barely reaching the age of 13
    I know many guys had a lot to say about this in the past, I laughed untill I went to see a friend of mine that was some 3rd grade referee back than... he warned me before the game and than I realised he was telling the truth and Herksel was the biggest role model for some relatively uncapable coaches that considered Obradović a pussy when running a team is in question

    I don't like those rules neither, but to be honest that happens when you've got imbecils with no psychological knowledge and only starting to learn about being a basketball coach dealing with 13, 14 years old kids practicing bball... and the only thing that matters is a result. At that age? the most stupid thing possible, yeah... but tell that to the guys above demanding results from them... and than we go in circles... as if I could care less with the fact Olimpija keeps winning those "junior" titles and yet fails to produce any noticable player from those victorious youth selections.

    As far as I am concerned our basketball is filled with too many imbecils with low social inteligence... and along that... bad karma all over the place...

    Oh yeah i agree with you, playing full court press the whole game, is a no talent no clue coaches tactic to play and win.

    And yeah its sad that coaches who work with young kids need to produce results instead of talented players.

    However with the old system at least players learned some tactics and as a by product gained better fundamentals.

    Now they just get exercise and run up and down.

    Ofcourse the optimal solution would be that we get some real coaches to work with young players and develop their talent instead of some young guys who are mostly under 25 working with kids.
    Its sad that being a kids coach pays next to nothing, it should be paid well so the good coaches would be interested in staying with the youth teams and develop talent.
    As things are young coaches only care about wining and progressing to older players until they get an offer to be an assistent coach with a first team and then become coach, no one wants to stay a coach and just develop players.

    Well some coaches still do but they are few.

  5. #65
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    EC U20 Division A:
    Bulgaria: Slovenia 80:78
    Slovenia: Trampuš, Virk 1, Tomič 19, Lapornik 12, Mulalič 18, Vujasinovič, Gavrič 6, Bilič, Muha, Dragič 9, Čigoja 7, Alispahić 6.
    Bulgaria: Istilyanov, Vasilev, Kolev 5, Ivanov 15, Kostov 14, Iliev, Marinov 6, Lilov 33, Hristov 3, Mihaylov, Vaklinov, Tsetkov 4.

    A loss for the end, but still we stay in A division.

  6. #66
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    12,728
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    U16 B division
    England - Slovenia 46-87
    link

    did you pay attention to any of these players Elaj?
    Only one I've seen was Rupnik, but even him at some streetball tournaments...

    edit: f@%&k.... guess where I'll be accidentaly going for the whole next week ... Sarajevo... I'm done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

  7. #67
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joško Poljak Fan
    U16 B division
    England - Slovenia 46-87
    link

    did you pay attention to any of these players Elaj?
    Only one I've seen was Rupnik, but even him at some streetball tournaments...

    edit: f@%&k.... guess where I'll be accidentaly going for the whole next week ... Sarajevo... I'm done...
    I know just few of them (Rupnik, Korošec), but I'm hoping to see more of those games during this season... people say that this generation is quite talented.

    Sarajevo... nice.

  8. #68
    Senior Member elaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    out of space
    Posts
    5,714
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    EC U16 B Division:
    Slovenia - Switzerland 78:74

    Lužnar with 25pts, 9/12 for 2, 1/1 for 3, 7rbs, 2ast, 3stl

    EC U16 B Division:
    Slovenia - Romania 91-64

    EC U16 B Division:
    Bulgaria - Slovenia 70:79

    EC U16 B Division:
    Slovenia - Cyprus 76:57
    Last edited by elaj; 08-19-2008 at 05:48 PM.

  9. #69
    AlbionGate
    Guest

    Default

    Two young slovenians may join Euroleague teams next year.

    U16 national team center Ubran Gorjanc (213 1992) in talk with Fenerbahçe

    U18 national team forward Marko Vranjkovic (203 1990) on tryout with Partizan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •