Portuguese league 2007/08 - results and news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signings

CAB signed F/C Pedro Pinho (202cm, 23) from Illiabum (Proliga).
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

CAB signed G/F João Manuel (192cm, 28) from Queluz. Last season he averaged 9.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 2.4 spg and 2.2 apg.
      Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

Porto signed American C Kashif Hameed (206cm, 30) from Bourg-en-Bresse (French Pro A last season) where he averaged 10.2 ppg and 4.8 rpg in 22 mpg.
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

Ginásio signed Brazilian C Thiago Labbate (208cm, 24) who played for UNIFEOB (university team) last season and in this year's Bangkok Universiade.
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

Ginásio signed Brazilian F Gustavo de Castro Ferreira (199cm, 25) from Flamengo (Brazil).
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

CAB signed C Nick Neumann (213cm, 27) from Ginásio and C Rome Sanders (203cm, 23) from Florida A&M Rattlers (NCAA).

Ginásio signed G/F Gabe Martin (196cm, 25) from Crailsheim (2. Bundesliga, Germany).

Belenenses signed C Ike Nwankwo (209cm, 33) from Queluz and Brazilian PF Anderson Ferreira (205cm, 23), last season with Delaware Stars (USBL). Beleneses also terminated contract with newly signed John DeGroat, because of his mother's death and reluctancy to play in Portugal.
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

Barreirense signed F/C E.J. Drayton (205cm, 24) from Charlotte 49ers (NCAA).
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Barreirense signed C Shawn Hopes (201cm, 22) from Oakland Golden Grizzlies (NCAA).
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

rik, what exactly happened to Minhava at Eurobasket? Although this was the first time I saw him playing, I was always hearing good things about him and his stats with the national team in the past were much better if I remember good.
                    Actually, talking about Eurobasket, I did not like his way of playing but I expected your coach to give him more minutes.
                    Any news about Joao Gomes? Has he signed anywhere outside Portugal?

Comment

Originally posted by OSCAR_SCHMIDT
                      rik, what exactly happened to Minhava at Eurobasket? Although this was the first time I saw him playing, I was always hearing good things about him and his stats with the national team in the past were much better if I remember good.
                      Actually, talking about Eurobasket, I did not like his way of playing but I expected your coach to give him more minutes.
                      He was injured before the preparation games and didn't play much in those he was already recovered. I think it was mostly a coach decision, but the truth is he had been injured, caution was needed and he was a bit out of shape as well (last season he was out of shape nearly all season).

Any news about Joao Gomes? Has he signed anywhere outside Portugal?
                      Yes, he signed a few days ago for Cantabria (Spanish LEB) for 3 years. Nice move for him, he'll have time to learn more and play in a strong league (it's stronger than the Portuguese league even if it's a 2nd division league). It'll also be easier for him to get exposure and join ACB when he's ready.

Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

CAB signed SF Monty Scott (198cm, 23) from Dayton Flyers (NCAA).
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

rik what is your opinion about Fernando Sico? He played for the U 20 National Team this summer in Poland. Do you know which team is he playing for?
                          Thanks.

Comment

rik what is your opinion about Fernando Sico? He played for the U 20 National Team this summer in Poland. Do you know which team is he playing for?
                            Thanks.
                            He is known as Manuel Sicó, Fernando is his middle name. He's one of the best prospects in Portuguese basketball. Despite his height (202cm) he can play as centre and is a good rebounder who can also shoot 3-pointers effectively, although he should improve his FT. He's a solid defender as well.
                            Afaik he's still with Barreirense.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

Newly incorporated side Vagos signed SF Rico Hill (198cm, 1977) from Sabadell (Spanish LEB 2).
                              He had already played in Portugal for Benfica two seasons ago.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Signings

Barreirense signed G/F Deforrest Riley-Smith (198cm, 23) from Southern University Jaguars (NCAA).
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information