Bojan Bakic was cut - 15 players remains

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
      cook-jeretin
      seheovic-scepanovic
      dasic-borisov
      dragicevic-bijelica-drobnjak
      pekovic-vucevic-vranes
      Scepanovic is still alive he's my most hated player of all times as he was a big zero for a whole season in Efes in 2000-2001 and just that september he scored a 19 point high in the final game of Eurobasket against us
      la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

I think Montenegro can surprise in Group C. With a weak Greece team and an inconsistent Croatia team, there should be parity between the teams.

Comment

Sead Sehovic cut - 14 players left

Comment

Nikola Peković is not playing today versus Turkey. Yesterday he played only 10 minutes versus Ukraine. It would be devastating for Montenegro if their best player got injured so close to start of Eurobasket.

I couldn't find any official information if Pekovic is injured or rested.

While looking, I found another interesting information:
            Former coach Dusko Vujosevic will travel with team to Lithuania as advisor of coaching staff.

I knew he was advisor to new coach Radonjic, but until now I did not know he will be with team in Lithuania. Sometimes such situation can turn into distraction ... but given Vujosevic's charisma and Radonjic's relative inexperience, it can only make good for Montenegrian team.

Comment

Can I ask Montenegro fans, because your team is unknown to me. What do you think, are you able to beat Croatia on Eurobasket?
              sigpic
              Fresh and interesting news from basketball world

Comment

can someone post final roster may be with minutes how much will players play? thx...

Comment

I don't know any Montenegrian member of this board.
                  But someone from neighbouring countries Serbia or Croatia will post final roster when known. For now I think they are still keeping this 14 players.

Omar Cook (Armani Jeans Milano, ITA)
                  Goran Jeretin (Lokomotiv Kuban, RUS)
                  Vladimir Mihailovic (Buducnost)
                  Boris Bakic (Crvena zvezda, SRB)
                  Vlado Å cepanovic (Panelionios, GRE)
                  Suad Å ehovic (Bosna, BIH)
                  Vladimir Dašic (Roma, ITA)
                  Miloš Borisov (Hemofarm, SRB)
                  Milko Bjelica (Lietuvos Ryytas, LTU)
                  Vladimir Dragicevic (Caja Laboral, ESP)
                  Nikola Vucevic (Philadelphia 76ers, NBA rookie)
                  Nikola Pekovic (Minnesota Timberwolves, NBA sophomore)
                  Slavko Vraneš (Uniks, RUS)
                  Vladimir Golubovic (Banvit, TUR).

Comment

Originally posted by Silvio View Post
                    Nikola Peković is not playing today versus Turkey. Yesterday he played only 10 minutes versus Ukraine. It would be devastating for Montenegro if their best player got injured so close to start of Eurobasket.

I couldn't find any official information if Pekovic is injured or rested.

While looking, I found another interesting information:
                    Former coach Dusko Vujosevic will travel with team to Lithuania as advisor of coaching staff.

I knew he was advisor to new coach Radonjic, but until now I did not know he will be with team in Lithuania. Sometimes such situation can turn into distraction ... but given Vujosevic's charisma and Radonjic's relative inexperience, it can only make good for Montenegrian team.
                    Pekovic - just minor injury

The official site of the Montenegro Basketball Association. Follow the action on scores, schedules, stats, news, Team and Player news.

"bez pomoci kapitena Nikole Pekovica, koji je pauzirao zbog lakše povrede"
                    translation = "without help of team captain Nikola Pekovic, whom missed game because of minor injury"

Comment

Originally posted by barchen View Post
                      can someone post final roster may be with minutes how much will players play? thx...
                      Montenegro are newcomers, but over average European team. They started from C-division, as after state of Serbia-Montenegro separated into 2 independent countries, Serbia got basketball legacy. However, Montenegro will play their first European Championship this summer, after last summer they finished first in their qualification group ahead of more known basketball names like Italy or Israel.

Center Pekovic from Minnesota Timberwolves is best Montenegrian player. He was not used very much by Wolves coach Rambis in his first NBA season - but before his USA career at times he was dominant in NT games and Euroleague games. He's not kid that went young to USA, he first polished his skills in Europe, and he's pretty beastly for a white guy, he'll do well in NBA one day. He looked a bit rusty when he first played this summer (Addeco ex-YU tournament in Ljubljana), but it seems he's back in form since (at tournament in Skopje in 2 games he averaged 23.0 points and 6.0 rebounds, 70% FG (14/20) and sick 18/19 free throws, hit 18 in a row).

Omar Cook is American point guard that played college basketball at St. John's University. He was drafted in NBA 2001 draft, but failed to make impact in NBA. However, this point guard is big name in Euroleague.

Other 2 guards are Jeretin (PG, 32 years old) and Scepanovic (SG, 36 years old), very old but Jeretin is still reliable and plays both backup PG for Cook and in pair with Cook ... because SG is weak spot and Montenegro simply has no good solution for it.

At SF is Dasic, 23-years old that didn't lived up to great expectations. Don't get me wrong, he's very good, but in junior days many predicted him being star of Euro basketball ... maybe he's late bloomer. His backup is Borisov, streaky shooter, both less precise and reliable than Dasic. But both of them are pretty important, if they have bad shooting day opponent can clog the lane and limit strong Montenegro PF/C line. But if they hit some threes, then opponents are in trouble - they can't cheat on shooters while leaving Pekovic 1-on-1 usually doesn't finish well.

As much as Montenegro is thin at 1/2, they're deep at 4/5. Along Pekovic usually starts Dragicevic, he's not big enough for center, he can't hit good enough from outside to be modern power forward - but he's very crafty player with high basketball IQ - Marko Banic type of player.
                      At center they have giant of 2.30 cm Slavko Vranes for backup of Pekovic. He's useful in rebounding (he has no vertical leap, but he's so much bigger than others), but of course very slow and almost useless in offense.
                      Then there's Milko Bjelica who had nice Euroleague season with his Lithuanian club ... but somehow never plays as well for national team, it seems for some reason he doesn't fit well here.

New addition is Nikola Vucevic, Montenegrian born in Switzerland that played in NCAA, so we don't know much about him here in Europe. But if Philadelphia 76'ers drafted him in first round this year, then there's probably something in him. It seems he can play at both 4 and 5 and is pretty skillful - but I can't confirm it, he played limited minutes in games I watched, he played a lot in last two games in Turkey when Pekovic was out with minor injury (10 min + DNP)

My guess for rotation would be:
                      PG Cook 30 / Jeretin 10
                      SG Scepanovic 15 / Jeretin 15 / Borisov 10
                      SF Dasic 30 / Borisov 10
                      PF Dragicevic 20 / Bjelica 10 / Vucevic 10
                      C Pekovic 30 / Vranes 10

Not sure about it, but I am sure in answer to original question: key players are Pekovic and Cook followed by Dasic and Jeretin.

Comment

Golubovic and Sehovic cut

The official site of the Montenegro Basketball Association. Follow the action on scores, schedules, stats, news, Team and Player news.

final roster
                        Code:
                        Omar Cook                PG  1.88  28.01.1982  Armani Jeans Milano (ITA)
                        Goran Jeretin            G   1.92  17.09.1979  Lokomotiv Kuban (RUS)
                        Vlado Scepanovic         SG  1.95  13.11.1975  Panelinios (GRE)
                        Boris Bakic              SG  1.96  23.05.1986  free agent
                        Vladimir Mihailovic    	 SG  1.94  10.08.1990  Buducnost
                        Vladimir Dasic           F   2.08  13.05.1988  Lottomatica Roma (ITA)
                        Milos Borisov            GF  1.99  03.09.1985  Teramo (ITA)
                        Vladimir Dragicevic      PF  2.05  30.05.1986  Spartak Sankt Petersburg (RUS)
                        Milko Bjelica            PF  2.05  04.06.1984  Caja Laboral (ESP)
                        Nikola Pekovic           C   2.09  03.01.1986  Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA)
                        Slavko Vranes            C   2.30  30.01.1983  free agent
                        Nikola Vucevic           FC  2.10  24.10.1990  Philadelphia 76'ers / Buducnost

Comment

Just a rumour If Montenegrin federation accepts to pay 450 000 euro, Sasha Vujacic will play for Montenegro.

Comment

Dejan Radonjić resigned as NT coach.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Luka Pavicevic new head coach of Montenegro NT
                              Last edited by rikhardur; 12-26-2011, 10:48 PM.
                              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                                Luka Pavicevic new head coach of Montenegro NT
                                Cool.

I've got a feeling that recently Israel NT & Maccabi got the most sh!tty draw possible. With Pavicevic Serbia & Montenegro will share 1-2 places in the group.
                                Last edited by rikhardur; 12-26-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information