Montenegro National Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montenegro National Teams

As 1st montenegrin basketball NT started the U20 with the preparation on Monday this week.

Roster:

Suad Sehovic 87 SG 197cm Bosna Sarajevo
    Dusan Stjepovic (palys in Italy, no more info)
    Igor Bijelic 88 – F/C 207cm Mogren Budva
    Marko Raznatovic (FMP no mor info)
    Nemanja Milosevic (New Jersey Tech) 6-8 SF/PF
    Boban Medenica 87 SF 201cm Mornar Bar
    Milovan Savic 87 C 203cm Mornar Bar
    Marko Mijovic 87 188cm G Mornar Bar
    Aleksa Popovic 87 201cm SG/SF Danilovgrad
    Dragan Zekovic 87 210cm C Arkadia Traiskirchen
    Goran Martinic 87 187 cm G Ulcinj
    Maksim Sutranovic 88 209cm C Niksic
    Goran Gajovic 199cm G 88 Niksic
    Darko Kastratovic 88 189 PG Niksic
    Marko Kulic Niksic (no more info)
    Vladimir Dasic 88 206cm SF/PF Buducnost Podgorica
    Ljubo Jovanovic 87 207cm C Buducnost Podgorica
    Sead Sehovic 89 200cm SG/SF Bosna Sarajevo
    Boris Savovic 87 207cm PF Hemofarm Vrsac

Nenad Mijatovic (87 PG of Buducnost Podgorica) broke his leg on holiday in Budva and will not be able to play.

Nikola Dragovic (87 SF UCLA) will play for Serbia and also Petar Despotovic (88 SG Hemofarm Vrsac/ on loan in Mega Ishrane) will play for Serbia.

I dont know much abou those players, except Savovic and Dasic. Too bad we gave up on Savovic. He is a Serbian kid from Herzegovina, Trebinje. He had one huge game this year when many players frmo Hemofarm were injured, somethink like 24 points and 15 boards. But its fair. We recived Dragovic and Despotovic.And more important young talented players like Rondovic,Dasovic,Subotic etc. It would be nice if we could steal Pekovic. But its not likely to happen.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle
      I dont know much abou those players, except Savovic and Dasic. Too bad we gave up on Savovic. He is a Serbian kid from Herzegovina, Trebinje. He had one huge game this year when many players frmo Hemofarm were injured, somethink like 24 points and 15 boards. But its fair. We recived Dragovic and Despotovic.And more important young talented players like Rondovic,Dasovic,Subotic etc. It would be nice if we could steal Pekovic. But its not likely to happen.
      Now that Vujosevic is the new coach of Montenegro i think the chances are high that he will play for Montenegro. PekovicĀ“s father is working for RTCG (montenegrin national televison) so he must be pro Montenegro and Pekovic could end up playing for them.

That Despotovic would play for Serbia was from the 1st day clear for me. He is from Pljevlja a city were the most people ( i think around 70%) declare them as serbs. Dragovic called himself as montenegrin, but because of problems with Buducnost managment before few years he will not play for Montenegro. The most persons in the montenegrin fedaration are the one from Budcunost.

I think the team is strong enough to get to the A Division. It would be great with Mijatovic, Savovic and Dasic. As you said Savovic is a good one. As i know he was cut some days before the last U20 in Turkey togehter with Teodosic. Another Savovic will play for the U18 or better said is in the squad which inclued 45 players now. He is also playing in Hemofarm. Perhaps he is his brother.

Serbia definetly get some nice talent.

Dragovic-87-Podgorica
      Despotovic-88-Pljevlja
      Rondovic-91-?
      Subotic-90-Tivat
      Besovic-92-? he played for Buducnost before so perhaps born in Podgorica
      Andusic-91-? i didnĀ“t know that he is from Montenegro, before few days. Good player i think. Nice scorer.
      Bogdan Jovanovic-91-?

From players which are born in Montenegro, but play in serbian clubs now and will play for Motenegro

Tedorovic-91-? plays in Partizan
      Celebic-91-? plays in Srem
      Loncovic-91-? plays in Zvezda

Loncovic was one of the best players for the U16 of Zvezda with Rondovic and Radisavljevic.

But the big question will be if Nikola Mirotic and Nikola Rakocevic will play for Montenegro. If this happen then they have get some huge talent. Especially in Mirotic. Both play for Real Madrid and Mirtoic seems to be amazing. He is playing better against older competion as Djekic and Musli for example right now.

Djordje Pavicevic said on friday that it will be know in the next 4-5 days if some players from Italy, Spain, USA and Partizan will also be in the squad for the preparation of the U16. Since yesterday follwing players are training in Bar.

Rade Ivanovic, Aleksander Dobrovic, Mladen Novakovic, Nikola Lalic, Nemanja Djurisic and Luka Rakic from Buducnost Podgorica.. Milos Koljic, Zarko Krivokapic, Aleksander Nikolic and Bojan Dubljevic from Niksic. Nemanja Radovic from Centar Bijelo Polje. Nikola Ljujic of Jedinstov Bijelo Polje. Nikola Djuric from Bojs Bar. Mihailo Sekulovic from Dzoker Podgorica. Ognjen Scepanovic (Gorstak Kolasin), Aleksander Drincic (Primorije), Vladimir Bulatovic (Rozaje), Nino Celebic (Srem), Marko Loncovic (Zvezda), Nikola Lazovic (Italy), Marko Bugosija (Mladost Zemun), Bogdan Cebalovic (Mornar Bar), Miroslav Damjanovic (Rudar Pljevlja), Nikola Tomic (Bonus Niksic) and Nemanja Bulatovic (Gorstak Kolasin).

Comment

Rondovic is Also born in Montenegro. He is a very nice player. 6"10 and only 16 years old. I think Montenegro will qulify i Divison A this year. Serbia will always bring talented players from Bosnia and Montenegro. Its a quantity that's count. And FMP is the team that have very good scouting all over a Balkan. I dont know why Dusan Ognjenovic is not on the list of cadets. He is also from Hercegovina,Trebinje. 6"11, only 16 years old. He had solid numbers in tournament in Serbia backing Dejan Musli. It would be stupid to lost him to Bosnia or Montenegro(No Offense).

Comment

Rondovic is Also born in Montenegro. He is a very nice player. 6"10 and only 16 years old. I think Montenegro will qulify i Divison A this year. Serbia will always bring talented players from Bosnia and Montenegro. Its a quantity that's count. And FMP is the team that have very good scouting all over a Balkan. I dont know why Dusan Ognjenovic is not on the list of cadets. He is also from Hercegovina,Trebinje. 6"11, only 16 years old. He had solid numbers in tournament in Serbia backing Dejan Musli. It would be stupid to lost him to Bosnia or Montenegro(No Offense).
          I am serb from Montenegro and have no problems with that, that players from Montenegro play for Serbia. I hope that the boys will have a nice career. For me this is not that much important if Dragovic plays for Montenegro or Serbia. The politic wanted that i have 2 NT now. But there is one interesting think. Players which plays in montenegrin clubs immediately said that they will play for Montenegro like Dasic and Mijatovic. The others which went to Serbia not. But it will be difficulter in the future to bring in players from Montenegro to play for Serbia, then it is in the case of Bosnia. The situation with the people in Montenegro and in BIH is not the same. There is not this hating as it is in BIH with serbs, croats and bosjnaks. And the other point is, that Montenegro has junior cagegories right now and knows how to work. Earlier in SCG i heard there were 11 trainingcenters for the juniors and 3 of them were in Montenegro. So Montenegro will benefit from this in the future. In the case of BIH there are no real tournaments of junior, cadet or pionir competition so they lose a lot kids to Serbia and Croatia. I heard Bojan Bogdanovic (now Real Madrid) was on the preparation of BIH U16 but they said he is to weak. I am sure one of the bosses sold him to the croatian federation. This kid is the best croatian player born in 89. I think the same happend with Preldzic. BIH has not a U20 for years.

Comment

I have same fealling to about Montenegro. I still thin clubs from Serbia(FMP as example) will continue to bring talented kids from Montenegro. Especially kids who decleared as Serb's. They usally offer education together with basketball. They have their own academy. Also nobody can stop kids from either country to play for national team they want. I think Bodiroga's camp in Trebinje is a great thing. I thik it will continue to grow and grow.

Comment

I think BiH federation knew little to none about Preldžić... but Slovan didn't force him up either and he didn't get much playing time untill he got the passport. That's true as well.
              I think BiH federation should finally prevent all those players running away playing for Croatia, Serbia or Slovenia.

good luck to Montenegro, in the near future might just happen all ex-Yu republics would participate in EC which would mean 6 places among 16 teams.
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I dont see how can anybody stop players to leave their countries to play for another country. Its always financial reason,nationality etc. Especially ethniclally divided Bosnia.

Comment

And also kids want quality work. I dont think Bosnia can provide that.

Comment

I have same fealling to about Montenegro. I still thin clubs from Serbia(FMP as example) will continue to bring talented kids from Montenegro. Especially kids who decleared as Serb's. They usally offer education together with basketball. They have their own academy. Also nobody can stop kids from either country to play for national team they want. I think Bodiroga's camp in Trebinje is a great thing. I thik it will continue to grow and grow.
                    In the future i think that they will try to get kids from North-Montenegro. Berane, Pljevla and Bijelo Polje for example. From there are always good players, but the economy is very bad in the north compared to the south and most of the people in the north called themself as serbs. The main teams for devoloping players in Montenegro right now are Buducnost, Niksic and Lovcen. But if Montenegro wants a good NT in the future they coulnĀ“t allow them to lose the kids from the north. They should make a good trainingcenter in the north. Because from there always came good players. Drobnjak, Bogavac, Pekovic, Borisov are from Bijelo Polje. Then Paspalj and Rajko Zizic were from Pljevlja and Duro Ostojic from Berane. Scepanovic from Kolasin and i heard that RakocevicĀ“s parents are also from Kolasin.

I also think that serbian clubs will try to bring in players from Montenegro, but if they ones play for the montenegrin NT they will not be able to play for serbia.

I am a little bit suprised by the good work of the montenegrin federation. They try a lot to bring in good players which are from Montenegro and even try to bring in serbs from BIH which perhaps have montenegrin roots. They are informed about all there players around the world. I also think that they will try to bring in serbs from BIH in the future. In the U18 there will be a player from BIH. His name is Igor Lutersek born in Sarajevo.

Comment

I dont see how can anybody stop players to leave their countries to play for another country. Its always financial reason,nationality etc. Especially ethniclally divided Bosnia.
                      You couldnĀ“t stop them. But there are diffrent rulez in the case of players born in ex-Yugoslavia. They can play for whom they want, no matter if they were born in Zagreb and play for Serbia or born in Tuzla and play for Slovenia. But that is not allowed to other countries. Because FIBA rulez said that players which are not 18 are not allowed to get a other passport as the which they have. This was the case with to serbians which wanted to play for Turkey. So the countries from ex-Yugoslavia has a advantage. Especially Serbia and Croatia. And the best this players are not count as naturalizied players. It is normal that a serb from BIH or croat from BIH plays for Serbia and Croatia and not counĀ“ts as naturalizied player, but the same is in the case of Preldzic which has nothing to do with Slovenia.

Comment

I also think that they will try to bring in serbs from BIH in the future. In the U18 there will be a player from BIH. His name is Igor Lutersek born in Sarajevo.
                        a bosnian with slovenian surname getting naturalised by montenegro ...things are turning around

And also kids want quality work. I dont think Bosnia can provide that.
                        I know, but BiH bball federations also isn't doing anything to prevent that... Preldžić, Rizvić, Begić- they could've easily keep them if they showed some interest... which they don't untill those players become great at U20 tournaments and it's too late.
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                          It is normal that a serb from BIH or croat from BIH plays for Serbia and Croatia and not counĀ“ts as naturalizied player, but the same is in the case of Preldzic which has nothing to do with Slovenia.
                          That thing kind of got me wondered...
                          as far a I now Preldžić, Čapin, Golemac and all the others we managed to naturalise through the last 10 years period have just the same status as Arriel McDonald- are counted as a naturalised players (one per team only) at least that was the case with Golemac and Čapin... don't know if it's different with Preldžić

Comment

Well Spain yout national teams have players from Africa.So I am definitely not suprize for ex Yugoslavian countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                              That thing kind of got me wondered...
                              as far a I now Preldžić, Čapin, Golemac and all the others we managed to naturalise through the last 10 years period have just the same status as Arriel McDonald- are counted as a naturalised players (one per team only) at least that was the case with Golemac and Čapin... don't know if it's different with Preldžić
                              I donĀ“t think so. But i am not sure. Look at Turkey for example. Kuqo and Jahovic are also naturalizied players but both played in the NT. At the EC2001 there were also Nadim Dal and Asim Pars. The FIBA allow almost everything to Turkey.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information