Montenegro National Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Srle
    Well Spain yout national teams have players from Africa.So I am definitely not suprize for ex Yugoslavian countries.
    Whom? So far there was not one player from Africa in a spanish yout team. Every country has the right for one naturalizied player. But if a african is born in Spain and raised there he not counts as naturalizied player.

Comment

Nikola Pekovic will play for Montenegro in the future. After he talked with his parents he decided to say NO to Serbia.

So Montenegro has some good prospects for the future like Mijatovic (87), Dasic (88), Pekovic (86) and Sekulic (82) will be also in a good age 2011.

Comment

The U20 of Montenegro won the B-Divison. I am glad to see also other players produced a good game and not only Dasic. For me he could have played much better if he had focused more to play under the basket and not took that many 3-pointers. But the biggest suprise for me was Suad Sehovic. He played a very good tournament with very good 3-pointshooting. The PG Martinic did also a very good job, he and Mijovic played nice as PG´s. Savovic was although good. It was very important go get immediately in the Divison A. 5 players from this team could play next year again and with the injured Kastratovic and Stjepovic their would be 7 possible players.

The U16 has also chances for one of the 1st places and that wihtout Nikola Mirotic. It would be great if they could also get in the Divison A.

Comment

Dasic is so overrated! And so is Mijatovic and Pekovic. All of them have great skill sets and are real physical spicimens but don't use brains in their game and that is why I doubt any of them will turn into great players. They'll definitely make a living out of it and probably play for good teams in Spain or Greece or even NBA but they will never be superstars. They will lead Montenegro to a solid 7-11 place in international competitions but not more than that. Pavlovic for instance has the same problem but is still better than the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by kololoco
            Dasic is so overrated! And so is Mijatovic and Pekovic. All of them have great skill sets and are real physical spicimens but don't use brains in their game and that is why I doubt any of them will turn into great players. They'll definitely make a living out of it and probably play for good teams in Spain or Greece or even NBA but they will never be superstars. They will lead Montenegro to a solid 7-11 place in international competitions but not more than that. Pavlovic for instance has the same problem but is still better than the 3.
            I think that Montenegro has enough talent to play for the Quarterfinal at any EC every time. Montenegro had more talents and not only Dasic, Pekovic and Mijatovic. Pekovic is very limited. Could be a very nice peace in every team but Dasic and Mijatovic are better talents. Dasic has to decide as what he wants to play as as PF (he is tall enough and a good rebounder) or as big SF. He likes it more to play as SF, but he is definetly more effective when he plays as PF, because his 3-point shooting is bad. But he had some huge games for Buducnost this season in NLB against good teams. Mijatovic would be better suited as SG with a PG starting wiht him who is a first pass PG. This could be Nikola Rakocevic (91/Real Madrid). Rakocevic and one of the bests talents from 91 generation Nikola Mirotic will play for Montenegro in the future. Mirotic is the best 91 born player in Spain. The U16 looks also good so far. Especially Sekulovic (Dzoker Podgorica there also Rakocevic and Mirotic played before they went to Madrid) and Aleksander Dobrovic (Buducnost). Dobrovic seems to be a very good shooter. The PG Lazovic leads the competition in assists and Nemanja Radovic (PF 204) seems to be a big man with a nice touch from outside. This team has enough quality i think and that without Mirotic and Rakocevic. In Bar they lost only 81-84 against the U16 from Serbia in a tough match.

Montenegro - Serbia 81-84 (26-24 18-20 28-28 09-12)

Arena: Sala OÅ  "Jugoslavija", attendance: 1000

Montenegro: Ivanović 8 (3-2), Marić 8 (1-1), Lazović 11 (3-1), Velimir 2, Loncović 10, Ljujić 1 (4-1), Kuveljić 11 (4-4), Teodorović 2, DugoÅ¡ija 2, ĐuriÅ¡ić 2, Sekulović 19 (2-1), Radović 5

Serbia: Jaramaz 11 (8-5), Ponjavić 2 (2-2), Nikolić 2, Obradović 3, Vukasović 6 (6-4), Lekić 3 (2-1), AnđuÅ¡ić 11, Radosavljević 12 (6-6), Jovanović, Rondović 5 (2-1), Đekić 10 (4-4), Musli 19 (4-3)

And not to forget Marko Loncovic (plays in Zvezda) and Jovan Teodorovic (plays in Partizan).

And at the U18 there are also some interesting players like Savovic, Lalic, Sead Sehovic and Lopicic. Sehovic is maybe the best player here. His older brother Suad did also a very nice job at the U20 and was in the top 5 of the tournament and the 2nd best player in the team after Dasic. Both are great shooters. And not to forget Boris Savovic.

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
              I think that Montenegro has enough talent to play for the Quarterfinal at any EC every time. Montenegro had more talents and not only Dasic, Pekovic and Mijatovic. Pekovic is very limited. Could be a very nice peace in every team but Dasic and Mijatovic are better talents. Dasic has to decide as what he wants to play as as PF (he is tall enough and a good rebounder) or as big SF. He likes it more to play as SF, but he is definetly more effective when he plays as PF, because his 3-point shooting is bad. But he had some huge games for Buducnost this season in NLB against good teams. Mijatovic would be better suited as SG with a PG starting wiht him who is a first pass PG. This could be Nikola Rakocevic (91/Real Madrid). Rakocevic and one of the bests talents from 91 generation Nikola Mirotic will play for Montenegro in the future. Mirotic is the best 91 born player in Spain. The U16 looks also good so far. Especially Sekulovic (Dzoker Podgorica there also Rakocevic and Mirotic played before they went to Madrid) and Aleksander Dobrovic (Buducnost). Dobrovic seems to be a very good shooter. The PG Lazovic leads the competition in assists and Nemanja Radovic (PF 204) seems to be a big man with a nice touch from outside. This team has enough quality i think and that without Mirotic and Rakocevic. In Bar they lost only 81-84 against the U16 from Serbia in a tough match.

Montenegro: Ivanović 8 (3-2), Marić 8 (1-1), Lazović 11 (3-1), Velimir 2, Loncović 10, Ljujić 1 (4-1), Kuveljić 11 (4-4), Teodorović 2, DugoÅ¡ija 2, ĐuriÅ¡ić 2, Sekulović 19 (2-1), Radović 5

Serbia: Jaramaz 11 (8-5), Ponjavić 2 (2-2), Nikolić 2, Obradović 3, Vukasović 6 (6-4), Lekić 3 (2-1), AnđuÅ¡ić 11, Radosavljević 12 (6-6), Jovanović, Rondović 5 (2-1), Đekić 10 (4-4), Musli 19 (4-3)

And not to forget Marko Loncovic (plays in Zvezda) and Jovan Teodorovic (plays in Partizan).

And at the U18 there are also some interesting players like Savovic, Lalic, Sead Sehovic and Lopicic. Sehovic is maybe the best player here. His older brother Suad did also a very nice job at the U20 and was in the top 5 of the tournament and the 2nd best player in the team after Dasic. Both are great shooters. And not to forget Boris Savovic.
              I agree that there are talents, but most of the playrs you have mentioned have not yet seen any senior competition and therefore it is hard to estimte their true limit. I was just talking about the players that have seen the Adriatic league and that are very hyped curently and I think not rightly so. As for Mijatovic you are right that he shuld play sg, but it is interesting that when I watched the kadets in Belgred where he was paired with Teodosic t was Teodosic who was moved to the sg spot. But that was a long time ago. I don't deny them talent and good future careers, but am very sceptical about their heart and/or basketball IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG

Very true. Perfect example about why Dasic should just swallow the bullet and stick to PF is Macvan. He accepted the fact that he is a undersized PF and is making the most of it. Not to compare them athletically or anything.

Why is Montenegro's best 2 '91 players playing in Spain?
                Srbija - Quadruple Crown 2007

Comment

Omar Cook's manager is reportedly trying to get him montenegrian passport meaning he would be eligible for Montenegro NT.

Peković, VranjeÅ¡, Micov, Sekularac, DaÅ¡ić, Cook, Jeretin, Bakić bros., Sekulić, Koljević, while leaving out some older players as Drobnjak, Bogavac...
                  Montenegro will have a good NT with our without Cook anyway, but I am slowely coming to an idea 2nd fibaeurope division will be a piece of cake for them, causing aditional worry to Fiba since there will be even more teams from ex-Yu among the 16 teams on big competitions and they can't really do much about it.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                    Omar Cook's manager is reportedly trying to get him montenegrian passport meaning he would be eligible for Montenegro NT.

Peković, VranjeÅ¡, Micov, Sekularac, DaÅ¡ić, Cook, Jeretin, Bakić bros., Sekulić, Koljević, while leaving out some older players as Drobnjak, Bogavac...
                    Montenegro will have a good NT with our without Cook anyway, but I am slowely coming to an idea 2nd fibaeurope division will be a piece of cake for them, causing aditional worry to Fiba since there will be even more teams from ex-Yu among the 16 teams on big competitions and they can't really do much about it.
                    Micov will not play for Montenegro. They wanted him, but he said no.

Comment

The Montenegrin NT looks good no doubt, but they still have a long way too go and some of the players are still developing.
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

slovenian bball portal prostimet.com reports that Golubović will play for Montenegro, dissapointed that Slavnić didn't put him on the wider list for eurobasket 07.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
                          Looks like he is now:

Omar Cook had an outstanding campaign as a guard in Serbia's top flight with Red Star Belgrade and now he'll try to continue his dominance in the Balkans after agreeing to play for Montenegro's national team.

Cook, a native of Brooklyn, New York, who played college basketball at St John's University, was the Adriatic League's fourth leading scorer.

He recently became a citizen of Montenegro, which neighbours Serbia.

"This is a big opportunity for me," the 26-year-old said to the Montenegrin newspaper Vijesti.

"Montenegro has plenty of quality players and a great coach. All of that will give me another big chance to raise the level of my performances. My decision to play for Montenegro was tough, but I'm sure I've made the right choice.

Cook, who averaged 14.8 points, three steals and 6.9 assists for Red Star in the domestic league, finished the season in the country's domestic play-off semi-finals.

His "red-and-whites" lost that series 2-0 to reigning champions Partizan Belgrade.

On that Partizan team was Nikola Pekovic, the Montenegro national team center. Partizan are also coached by Montenegro's national team boss, Dusko Vujosevic.

"Pekovic is the best in Europe at his position," Cook said. "With him under the basket, it will be much easier for me as a playmaker. I don't know the other players at the moment, but I'm really looking forward to being in the same team with Pekovic. Up to now, we've played against each other, but in Belgrade we've become friends, not just rivals on the court."

Danilo Mitrovic, the Montenegro Basketball Federation supremo, welcomed Cook's decision to become a citizen of Montenegro.

"We've solved our biggest problem, the playmaker position in our national team," Mitrovic said.

"With him as point guard, I really don't have a doubt that we'll win promotion from EuroBasket Division B. Cook, (Vlado) Scepanovic, (Djuro) Ostojic, (Predrag) Drobnjak will help our youngsters through the forthcoming qualifications, and I think we won't have any problems against Iceland, Holland, Austria and Denmark.

"In fact, I think we would have been successful even if we were playing qualification games for the EuroBasket in Poland."
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Montenegro will play his 1st game on the 13th August in Podgorica against BIH.

Comment

Zarko Cabarkapa.
                              I came across his name for some odd reason and I discovered that he hasn't played in over two years! What's up with him, did he retire because of his recurring injuries?

Comment

I was also suprised to see him on the roster. Recurring back injury as far as I know. I think he was selected for his role during the independence referendum. Athough he was born and grew up in Serbia, he was for the secession. And the worst is that he is actually living in Belgrade. We should kick him out of our land.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information