TINIRA! TINIRA SA LIKOD!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cod3breaker View Post
          Oh same school as Gabe Norwood.
          Yes! Same school...

Comment

• Welcome to Interbasket new posters
            [http://basketball.powerplaymanager.c...a=201410504468

“Ang hirap kasi sa kanya, kapit tuko siya sa pwesto niya. Hangga’t pupuwede ayaw niyang bumitaw. Dapat dyan automatic yan nagre-resign siya, bigyan ng chance ang iba." -Abe King

Comment

• 5'7" fil-am cager entering the pba draft this year

Sup ballers! Im Joe Salcedo, I found InterBasket through google. I play ball and also run the filam basketball league in Reno Nevada. I am also trying to help my friend play professional basketball in the Philippine Basketball Association. His name is Martin Trovela. He is entering the draft this year.

I’m pretty sure that he will be very interesting for our country to watch and bring back the excitement in the PBA. Not to say that there isn’t but this kid will really impress you. Please give me a few moments to somehow elaborate and explain why.

I bet you get a lot of these emails and this kind of hype about their friend or about a player but I am so sure that Martin is an exception and he will shine.

He is a Filipino. No mix. Pure. Point guard, excellent ball handler, fast, a lefty and only stands 5’7” but will dunk the ball with two hands and is very deadly on the three pointer and a great basketball IQ. Most specially, has the heart of a lion but off the court is a very timid person.

The whole Filipino-american community here in Reno Nevada and I are helping him to reach his dream to play there and to make something of his life and God given talent. He was there before in the PBL with Granny goose back in ’05 but of course being young, away from his whole family and cultured shocked he came back here. He at that time had an offer to play for New Mexico State but could not qualify because of grades. He played with players that are now in the PBA, like Jimmy Alapag (fil-am league in california) and a few others through his junior college days.

In 2007, ABA penetrated Reno and held tryouts for the Reno Sharpshooters. Out of many candidates, Martin shined and was picked and was the teams starting point guard together with David Wood who played in the PBA as an import who also resides here in Reno. Unfortunately, the team was disbanded even before an opening tip-off happened. Needless to say, Martin’s opportunity to have a stepping stone to get to the PBA was gone and somehow his spirit. But with the whole town behind him we have encouraged him to keep on keeping on and the journey begun again.

He and I went there last November with the hopes that he will get a try-out with some teams namely: Rain or Shine (we knew a guy who works for the owner that promised a tryout), Sta. Lucia and Barako bull with the “contacts” that were introduced to me when we were still here who promised to give him the opportunity to be seen. Obviously they all turned out to be either fake or was not at all true to their promises (this includes a lunch meeting with Coach Leo Isaac who is an acquaintance of my god-father, canceled on us the last minute which made his promise to have his whole college team work out with Martin so he will be able to see him play did not happen). Another discouraging blow to Martin and the whole town.

We also met with Danny Espiritu, an uncle of one of our friends here in Reno, but as soon as Mr. Espiritu saw him, he was obviously not interested. Martin and I went back here on Jan. 18,2010 discouraged and beaten down but determined to “shock the country” given the chance to be seen. I promised Martin that I will find a way to get him there and with the help of my friend who lives there in the Philippines, we found out about the draft having a rookie camp. So here we are, on the third try, still determined, physically, mentally and emotionally ready (you see that I said “we”).

Martin Trovela is booked to be there on the 15th of this month sir and I wanted to see if I’m just full of it or Martin is really a gem for any team that needs a point guard and win a championship.

My friends and I and his high school and college coach pitched in to make this website for him and I hope that you can give it a minute or two to see it. www.martin.renosparksfilam.org
              Please make sure to use Internet explorer so you will be able to watch his video.

Very nice story to tell don’t you think? =)

P.S.
              It sure is not an easy road for Martin because up to now we are unsure if he is on the list for the draft. Although Junior Bengua (rep from the PBA) has mentioned that Martin has been classified as a local but pending his original birth certificate (which is very old and I was told that it was the Municipal Birth Certificate). I have mailed that original to my friend who is going to give it to Junior Bengua but we are still not even guaranteed if he is in fact in the list but we have booked him now or else he will miss the camp which is scheduled on the 21st till the 27th. Danny Espiritu however (who is now interested in representing Martin but will not disclose how much he will charge him and what he will do for him) has mentioned to our friend here that he is in the list pending the birth certificate.

Still unsure but we cannot live in fear. I have emailed PBA101 to see if they can at least confirm if Mr. Espirtu’s report is true but I could not get a straight answer. I guess we will just find out. Hopefully he is and I’m sure Martin’s game will speak for itself.

Comment

• ^ he is included in the 2010 PBA Draft applicants.. #19 i think
                the list is in the PBA 2010 Draft thread
                You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take!

Comment

• I first visited this forum a year ago. I only decided today to make my account today.

It feels good to be a member of this forum.

Comment

• Just can't seem to settle being a lurker

Hi, I'm Miguel, but you can call me Migz

I think I've already introduced myself (and its somewhere here between pages 1-28) but I just can't seem to stop myself from introducing again.

I'm a self proclaimed super fan of Pinoy basketball, although I do seem to have some form of short memory attacks when it comes to complete player names and teams... Still, I digest any news regarding basketball.

I'm a Registered Nurse (any nurses here? ), from Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental, I think I'm the first Negrense in this forum. Been following the forums for a while now, the most accurate I could remember was when Sir Nardy still had about 2000 posts ...

Hope to interact with you pips..... Team Pilipinas shall return to its former glory, in due time..

{Lisud jud kayo ug lurker ra, mangatol ako kamot }

Trans is in the post title..

Comment

• Welcome Migs!

Comment

• hi. New member here but I've been browsing this forum on and off now especially if our National Team has on going games. Finally decided to join after 3-4 years of lurking. Hehe.
                        Life goes on...

Comment

• I'm also new here. So glad to be in this forum site.
                          ApparelCandy.com sells the most updated fashion in Wholesale clothing.

Comment

• Filipinos are very serious in basketball. Even kids starts at an early age to practice because they aim to be a professional basketball player.
                            Wholesale Clothes Online sells the most updated fashion in Wholesale clothing.

Comment

• Intro

i guess i haven't introduced myself here in this thread but i already had some posts in other threads... so, without further adieu... i officially welcome myself here in IBN...
                              Team Pilipinas fell short but our team deserves all the credit and respect.

Thank you Smart Gilas Pilipinas for the great start and a convincing finish!

Now all we can do is to wait and see.

Comment

• welcome to all of you!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information