Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Philippines Introduction Thread

I think I have the oldest account here. I was a regular poster before but now I am contented with lurking and reading discussions.

wow we have a lot of oldies here, senior care center would be a very good business
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

If my memory is right, 2007 is also the year that the FIBA ban was lifted.
    LABAN PILIPINAS!

At that time we just thought that our players playing against World caliber and NBA players are just a dream but it did really happen and hopefully we will do again.

And we still had pogi as one of our forumers

Quote Originally Posted by prince75 View Post
    At that time we just thought that our players playing against World caliber and NBA players are just a dream but it did really happen and hopefully we will do again.
    Sorry, but for old timers like myself, it wasn't a dream, we've seen it with our own eyes.

Have we had a Douthit or a Blatche to go with an Aguilar and a JuneMar with the likes of Fernandez, Jaworski, Atoy Co, and etc... we could have kicked major butts then.

So, I always believed, I never had the need to dream for it.

My 10th year would be on june 3..wow. its been a decade..
    was also a long time lurker before i decided to register.
    I thought that interbasket was related to asia/euro-basket site.

And we still had pogi as one of our forumers
    Namamangha aka pogi. Rumored to be Noli Eala. Others thought it was Bernie Atienza.
    http://www.interbasket.net/forums/me...226-namamangha

I remember back then i was already so happy to see helterbrand and caguioa next to marko jaric in a picture. I mean, like they exist in the same basketball world pala. Lol

still here after all these years. still mostly lurking as usual. i miss the joker guy, forgot his name, but his posts are always funny

another lurker addicted to updates....info....spoiler related mostly to RP basketball....and to cheer and show support to Gilas Pilipinas.
    Last edited by d_viper; 05-04-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Relative to a lot of you here, I'm a rookie, joined in 2011. I've never really been apologetic of my true roots as a mere fan. Time and time again I've been asked by basketball household names (e.g. Chot, Tab, MVP , coach E. Gilas players (seriously all of them) . " How did you get involved in basketball? " my reply sir / coach honestly I'm just a fan. These days when I'm introduced in to someone else (e.g coaching staff) in the presence of these "big names", and I give that reply " I'm just a fan" . These prominent figures will rebuke me and say something like- that's not true or your selling self short. I don't argue with them. but that's really how I feel about things , I really identify naturally to my roots as a fan. 2017 if I'm correct is my 5th straight year with being involved in one capacity or another with the Gilas national team. Last month in a discussion with one of their managers , he said , dapat honorary member ka na ng Gilas or the SBP. I just laughed and replied it's just been a thrill and a dream for me as a mere fan to be involved. The official rebuked me again for the fan statement.

Hey analyzed, were you the analyzed05 of pba forum(old pba forum). I remember him mentioning he has access to tournament videos of fiba games(i think it was a junior tournament) it was a long time ago

i only came along this website because of gameface. when their forum had a redesign i didn't like it at all and switched to interbasket. started as a lurker and became active when gilas1 was created. my oh my time flies indeed.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Relative to a lot of you here, I'm a rookie, joined in 2011. I've never really been apologetic of my true roots as a mere fan. Time and time again I've been asked by basketball household names (e.g. Chot, Tab, MVP , coach E. Gilas players (seriously all of them) . " How did you get involved in basketball? " my reply sir / coach honestly I'm just a fan. These days when I'm introduced in to someone else (e.g coaching staff) in the presence of these "big names", and I give that reply " I'm just a fan" . These prominent figures will rebuke me and say something like- that's not true or your selling self short. I don't argue with them. but that's really how I feel about things , I really identify naturally to my roots as a fan. 2017 if I'm correct is my 5th straight year with being involved in one capacity or another with the Gilas national team. Last month in a discussion with one of their managers , he said , dapat honorary member ka na ng Gilas or the SBP. I just laughed and replied it's just been a thrill and a dream for me as a mere fan to be involved. The official rebuked me again for the fan statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by weward View Post
    Hey analyzed, were you the analyzed05 of pba forum(old pba forum). I remember him mentioning he has access to tournament videos of fiba games(i think it was a junior tournament) it was a long time ago
    so you're also in old pba forum? i remember analyzed05 in old pba forum. even interxavier is a former member of old pba forum..

^
    yes analyzed05 in the PBA forum was me. Wow how things have changed, those days practically no Pinoy player had experience playing against an NBA player.

the mere fact the PBA forum is no longer existing (probably all the international talk made the name of the forum not a good fit) says a lot about how things changed. I mean seriously you can't be in a PBA forum and blast the PBA for not lending players and support.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    ^
    yes analyzed05 in the PBA forum was me. Wow how things have changed, those days practically no Pinoy player had experience playing against an NBA player.

the mere fact the PBA forum is no longer existing (probably all the international talk made the name of the forum not a good fit) says a lot about how things changed. I mean seriously you can't be in a PBA forum and blast the PBA for not lending players and support.
    you even predict the 2009 of Powerade RPNT will fail with the kind of approach yeng did. lol i remember that..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    you even predict the 2009 of Powerade RPNT will fail with the kind of approach yeng did. lol i remember that..
    Yeah we were all frustrated with the hugot 2 week preparation at the time, all good now, easier to accept now

we've all grown up and matured I guess, I remember in 1994 Qunito Henson confronted Norman Black after losing in Asiad questioning his decision making , Norman was furious like eh I just had 2 weeks ! Yes those were frustrating times

I remember in the 1990's in my over eagerness and frustration, I drafted a National team program and I faxed it to the PBA commissioners office, didn't get a response siguro they were saying who is this dude , sino ka I was a greenhorn student then

the good ol times when sir nardy is active in giving fresh updates....
    PBA fanatics vs. gilas believers i believe there were two against the rest of forumers...
    waiting in weehours for livestream
    pinoys vs. leb fans
    pinoys vs. sinoball
    the japhet a. saga
    and imfamous flamebaiters banned ...forgot the name
    Last edited by d_viper; 05-05-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by d_viper View Post
    the good ol times when sir nardy is active in giving fresh updates....
    PBA fanatics vs. gilas believers i believe there were two against the rest of forumers...
    waiting in weehours for livestream
    pinoys vs. leb fans
    pinoys vs. sinoball
    the japhet a. saga
    and imfamous flamebaiters banned ...forgot the name
    The GOAT himself

"JORGII"

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast