Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Philippines Introduction Thread

Name: Seven (taken from seinfield)
    Birthplace: Jose Panganiban Camarines Norte (Philippines)

i used to be a former highscholl varsity volleyball player in the phils..
    when we move house...and no one to play vball...i switch to bball...

i live in sydney australia now...but before then i used to live in perth western australia...
    there i played with some of the roughest player in town...
    like phantom i live by the rule of no blood no foul...WHY??
    coz you wont improve your game if every time D touch you you call it foul...

as a result...im literally a walking wounded...
    had too many ankle problem i can crack it now like i crack my knuckles...(it makes an ugly noise too)
    suffered a broken jaw twice...(coz i tried so hard to block the league leading scorer...i succeeded but with a price)

dislocated my right shoulder once...(no big deal)
    hyper extended my elbow...(hurts so bad)

all in all my appetite for the game is what kills me too...as an obvious result...
    anyway im an SG...slashing is the name of the game...i love to dismantle defense and i have a decent jump too...(well at least i used to)
    if im not slashing im throwing 3s..its weird that im good at 3s but mid range sucks!!!

i stop playing coz i move to sydney..(which is meant to be the centre of australian basketball) just got too busy chasing girls and working...

and now...i recently got back into the game after some guy at perth (i usually fly home to play in perth) said that i dont have it anymore and that i never had it...
    so...it became personal goal to get back into shape..and kill this biatches...so far im on track...i even develop a mid range to be proud of...

one good result is i get double team when i get the ball inside the 3 lines...
    (maybe coz they know they can steal it off me easily??) hehehe
    Last edited by VII; 06-11-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Default Balldawg here

Chris Juliano: Die hard Philippine basketball fanatic. enough said. BASKETBALL ALL THE WAY!

Name:Bianca Aballe

Yeah I love this Game Basketball,crazy basketball fans especially in our collegiate players in cebu ,before that was CAAA Cebu Amateur Atlethic Association during the time of CIT wildcats the seasons were i cannot forgot the name of players like Felix Duhig,Fuentes,Tenirife,Engio,etc.the whole team especially.On the other hand during the era of Cebu Central Colleges were most of the players were in the PBA are Sasan ,Alguno,Yncierto,Gomez,etc.the whole team as well.
    Above all is the University of the Visayas were most of their games i watched at the San Carlos Gym, i was able to watched the game of Max Delantes,Balingit,Mago,Fernandez and others.
    And presently the Cesafi was introduced what i know in the current player is limited unlike the CAAA,and maybe this seasons will bring me joy and interest in watching this game as this FIL_AM giant Greg Slaughter is making a sound here in Cebu,hope i can see even in the practice at UV or at the cesafi games,i never seen before an 6'11" player bfore its first time here in Cebu,and hope he is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca
    Name:Bianca Aballe

Yeah I love this Game Basketball,crazy basketball fans especially in our collegiate players in cebu ,before that was CAAA Cebu Amateur Atlethic Association during the time of CIT wildcats the seasons were i cannot forgot the name of players like Felix Duhig,Fuentes,Tenirife,Engio,etc.the whole team especially.On the other hand during the era of Cebu Central Colleges were most of the players were in the PBA are Sasan ,Alguno,Yncierto,Gomez,etc.the whole team as well.
    Above all is the University of the Visayas were most of their games i watched at the San Carlos Gym, i was able to watched the game of Max Delantes,Balingit,Mago,Fernandez and others.
    And presently the Cesafi was introduced what i know in the current player is limited unlike the CAAA,and maybe this seasons will bring me joy and interest in watching this game as this FIL_AM giant Greg Slaughter is making a sound here in Cebu,hope i can see even in the practice at UV or at the cesafi games,i never seen before an 6'11" player bfore its first time here in Cebu,and hope he is good.
    what part exactly in cebu?

once in awhile when i visit the ancestral homelands i mostly stay in talisay or minglanilla

Default hi to my kababayan!!!

Good day to all of you!

Peace in Christ!

May I please inquire from my fellow Filipinos here if we have any local forum or website which is exclusive for Filipinos only??? I'm aching to write some basketball articles but I want them to be readable and accessible only by Filipinos (Fil-foreigners are included). I don't want to divulge some information about our basketball team and players which might be exploited by our opponents in the international basketball arena. I'm wary of committing treason against our motherland.

I'll wait for any favorable reply. Thank you!!!
    Last edited by aquinomartin; 06-19-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aquinomartin
    Good day to all of you!

Peace in Christ!

May I please inquire from my fellow Filipinos here if we have any local forum or website which is exclusive for Filipinos only??? I'm aching to write some basketball articles but I want them to be readable and accessible only by Filipinos (Fil-foreigners are included). I don't want to divulge some information about our basketball team and players which might be exploited by our opponents in the international basketball arena. I'm wary of committing treason against my motherland.

I'll wait for any favorable reply. Thank you!!!
    ok you can write here www.mannypacquiao.ph just look for the basketball forum, its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

Hi,

Demonyito here.. demonyo for short

Plays streetball, race cars(plastic toys ) and kayaking

likes physcal education, music and arts as the easiest subject in primary school

Quote Originally Posted by apiSigbinz
    its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...
    spot on buddy not only for filipinos, vice versa.. for all the nationalities of the world.

PEACE
    Last edited by demonyito; 06-16-2007 at 06:00 AM.
    Someone under 5 feet can be a great coach, don’t get me wrong, but to be a big man coach and have never played in the post or even played high level ball? C’mon now.

- Jamal Sampson

Name: Tigas
    Hobbies: Basketball, Aikido, Mountain Climbing, Golf
    Birthday: September 10
    About me: An avid fan of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I play basketball during my free time. I also study aikido for six months now, only white belt(nothing to brag about), Im not good enough though. Hehe. My idols are in the National Team, especially JayJay Helterbrand.

Peace up A town

Quote Originally Posted by Phantim3dx
    what part exactly in cebu?

once in awhile when i visit the ancestral homelands i mostly stay in talisay or minglanilla
    Bulacao Pardo one ride to downtown area.

Quote Originally Posted by apiSigbinz
    ok you can write here www.mannypacquiao.ph just look for the basketball forum, its not exclusive for Filipino i believe there's no such exclusive thing in the net but you can write it in our own language...

yes, there is an exclusive Filipino forum for basketball. Check out: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums and look for the In The Zone community

Name: Noel "The Viper"
    Height: 5'8
    Favorite Sports: Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, I also played sepak takraw, track and field (100 m and 4*4 relay during my high school days)
    Province: Romblon
    About me: Im an avid fan/supporter of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I played Volleyball (varsity) from High School (2nd year) until college (varsity)..As a team player, we won so many championships, STRAA meet, College Tournaments...I love to play Volleyball..Once in the court, i gave my best to play the best. that's the way we played in my beloved province (ROMBLON). I'm to short for volleyball, but I can block those 6 ft player...Right now, i vow to support the RP team! The RP Basketball Team...coz WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

MABUHAY AND TEAM PILIPINAS. Lets Support them, no matter what!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burndvinyard
    yes, there is an exclusive Filipino forum for basketball. Check out: http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums and look for the In The Zone community
    i think any national can register in that forum and make his post... where's the exclusivity there? maybe you just means we can post Tagalog there that's it but is it exclusive to Pinoys only? nah... i don't think so buddy! thanks for the info though...
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

what position, weak side hitter, setter, etc?

played only in high school but didnt try out next varsity season..almost got kicked out my first yr in V..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by viperbravo
    Name: Noel "The Viper"
    Height: 5'8
    Favorite Sports: Volleyball, Basketball, Badminton, I also played sepak takraw, track and field (100 m and 4*4 relay during my high school days)
    Province: Romblon
    About me: Im an avid fan/supporter of Philippine National team. I support them no mater what. I played Volleyball (varsity) from High School (2nd year) until college (varsity)..As a team player, we won so many championships, STRAA meet, College Tournaments...I love to play Volleyball..Once in the court, i gave my best to play the best. that's the way we played in my beloved province (ROMBLON). I'm to short for volleyball, but I can block those 6 ft player...Right now, i vow to support the RP team! The RP Basketball Team...coz WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!

MABUHAY AND TEAM PILIPINAS. Lets Support them, no matter what!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burndvinyard

Try here
    http://www.thedigitalpinoy.com

in this site, you can freely post in TAGALOG.

Got to the FIBA thread. Post your news there daily. Ok? See you there. Im a moderator there anyway. just look for rogelio.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantim3dx
    what position, weak side hitter, setter, etc?

played only in high school but didnt try out next varsity season..almost got kicked out my first yr in V..hehe
    Spiker/blocker..dude its really hard to be a volleyball player...during trainings, oh man, you need patience, specially if your being dishonor by your coach, coz your to slow and can't run...I think I got 4-5 injuries during trainings.

But after those hardships and sacrificies, I'm still thankful because, it made me a better player and a better person..

Bro, if I will be giving a chance, I would like to be a volleyball coach someday. I will teach them what i've learned from my mentors..

IF THERE IS NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

I was born to be a champion!
    Last edited by viperbravo; 06-19-2007 at 03:15 AM.

Default F is my middle initial

hi im Fried F. Brains. My middle-name is THE "F" word. I'm a crazy sonnamabitch fan of Philippine sports --> basketball, chess, tennis, billiards, boxing, what have you. i must be a hardcore fan to post messages in the internet. either that, or i have too much time becoz i'm one freaking loser-slave-laborer-faggot without a social life.

anyways, i'd like to believe i have brains (hence, the name. idiot!) so i wanna like share my ten cents on anything that has got to do with philippine basketball. please fell free to insult/disparage/protest any of my posts. my life is so f*****up i think i need the intellectual stimulation to atleast give order to my chaotic-slash-but-mundane existence.

jolas 4ever! hehehehe

it was 7-8 yrs ago dude, no harm done on my part. i got suspended because i got into a little scuffle with a teammate. drinking is what i do best these days

Quote Originally Posted by viperbravo
    Spiker/blocker..dude its really hard to be a volleyball player...during trainings, oh man, you need patience, specially if your being dishonor by your coach, coz your to slow and can't run...I think I got 4-5 injuries during trainings.

But after those hardships and sacrificies, I'm still thankful because, it made me a better player and a better person..

Bro, if I will be giving a chance, I would like to be a volleyball coach someday. I will teach them what i've learned from my mentors..

IF THERE IS NO PAIN, NO GAIN!

I was born to be a champion!

Default ..

My name is MYK CAUMERAN

24 yrs old..

Played Basketball during HS only

Im a Musician(www.friendster.com/fiveftadjust) / Tech Support but Basketball is my Firstlove Basketball..

Fav player: PBA = Danny Seigle
    NBA = Kobe Bryant

hello new here:

name : donrivera
    loc: cebu
    a die hard fan of pba and nba games. as well as local games here in cebu.
    favorite player: pba: kelly williams
    nba: vince carter

mabuhay ang team pilipinas!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donrivera21
    hello new here:

name : donrivera
    loc: cebu
    a die hard fan of pba and nba games. as well as local games here in cebu.
    favorite player: pba: kelly williams
    nba: vince carter

mabuhay ang team pilipinas!!!!
    are you from Unit 1, Oppra, Cebu City?...
    Impossible is Nothing!!!

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast