Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippines Introduction Thread

Hey all,

First of all, I wanted to give all the new members a belated welcome to IBN's Philippines Forum. This forum has obviously been really active as of late and we're happy to have your presence here.

So I wanted to start an introduction thread for all of you that came here, just so as we all can get to know each other better -- so give a few facts about yourself; like where you are located, where you were born, do you play basketball, age, etc etc. The only two things I hope you can include is how you found interbasket and one thing you would like to see from Interbasket.net -- suggestions, improvements, a Philippines minipage etc..

Again, I wanted to welcome all of you.

Stuart
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

Well, I found Interbasket through google.

Comment

Hello Stuart...Good intention...to know the posters....i will introduce my self...

Name: Jamesmile A. Conui
      Home: Moto Norte, Loon, Bohol, Philippines
      Occupation:..?...hehehe..still student..its my second course..1. Computer Science, 2 (now) Bachelor of Education major in English (4th yr this school year 07-08)
      Extra Curricular:
      1. Student Government President of the Campus, and also the Fed. Pres. of the 5 campuses (Since we have 5 School in the School System or 5 branches school)
      2. Also Chairperson of the Bohol Alliance of Student Council (all over province of Bohol)
      3. Basketball Varsity of our school since Freshmen (im only 5'5 playing as PG in our Team (but i can play 2 spot))
      *Stat's (hehehehe)
      13-16 PPG (30 pts high average)
      6-8 APG
      5-7 RPG
      2-3 SPG
      0-1 BPG (hehehehe)
      Team Achievement for my 3 years of play in SCUAA (State College and University Athletic Association) Meet
      04-05 - Eliminated (Freshmen)
      05-06 - 3rd Placer (Sophomore)
      06-07 - 2nd Placer (Junior) we played Championship but we lost
      07-07 - ? Hopefully we Won now the Championship

Hobbies:
      1. Surf the Net
      2. Watching TV (specially PBA)
      3. of course play basketball
      4. Read Books (Dan Brown's Books: now im reading the "Deception's Point")

Family:
      My Wife is a College Professor at the Holy Name University here in Bohol. My only Son (Jr.) 6 years old, Grade 1 this school year at the same school where his mom is working.

I don't have real sibling...but i have 2 half-sisters in my mom's side and 4 sister's in my dad's side.

I guess that all for now..if u have Q...just reply...Thanx

choco.jpg

Image(10).jpg

Comment

well might as well make my introduction even though im kind of old in these threads and on this site. }}on a side note, thanks again stuart

sorry for mispells using a messed up keyboard

My name is Jay K.

played ball in middle school as an undersized power forward. took a break for a long time from basketball

got into my university and started playing intramural basketball leagues.

obviously went to the pg spot, but somehow managed to guard the sf and sg spots defense is my specialty and offense isnt.

24 yrs old and currently in china for more studying after i grad from my university. playing for the phil basdketball teram here in this university summer league in beijing. honestly though we are not doing good. because we are disorganized, sad to say but this is the truth. and to think we have a few ex players from the school of xavier studying here chinese, they are chinese fils.

as discussed in old old old posts of a loong time ago as stuart can contest i love playing defense and like coaches who are defensive minded i.e. jeff vangundy. i dont like pgs who are shoot first mentality, i prefer them to be pass first and should always think of getting a higher assist whether its primary or secondary assist in relation to points, so j kiodd and john stockton to me fit this mold.

i have 3 jerseys from the phil. one of james yeo, one of ritualo, and one of helterbrand.

i someday would love to coach a youth basketball team someday.

on a final note i live by the rules of no blood no foul type of mentality, which is very typical midwest southmidwest style basketball from the US. ive gotten my right ear partially torn apart and had to be stitched, ive taken bruises to my noses, face andf elbows, and have been submarined a few times. and ive done the same, except the whole ear thing big 12 and big east basketball to me are by far the most physically demanding, although these two conferences dont have the best talent historically it seems to belong to the acc.

yao ming is a player i like very much although i dont like his too passive ways at times.

on a final note, i live by the ethics of work hard, play hard, drink hard...as you can see from my photo...as skywalker said, show them filipino lifestyle, i think he meant the drinking part. haha.

PS
        and i am handsome so ladies love me by nature
        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
          PS
          and i am handsome so ladies love me by nature
          MAN, YOU'RE THE BOMB!
          Last edited by stuart; 05-25-2007, 05:39 PM.
          I'm Living Life in the Fastlane

Comment

i'm RetiredJordanStopper and i suck at NBA Live 2K7!!!! I've been posting since 2005 i think, so that makes me one of the older posters here. To all those active since 2005, maybe you'll remember that some of my posts here were erased because i called some posters sissies for dissing our NT...i've also challenged this chinese guy to get 4 chinese dudes to play me and 4 other slipper-wearing pinoys i got off the street for some serious full court action..that post was erased too....i'm also one of the few who foul mouthed fanboy Arthur Volbert in one of the threads here....i've tapered-off since, but it's good to see many avid kababayans posting here..hi to all!!!
            <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

well might as well make my introduction even though im kind of old in these threads and on this site. }}on a side note, thanks again stuart

playing for the phil basdketball teram here in this university summer league in beijing. honestly
              Phantim3dx..i was in china...last october-december 2006 also studying as a Cadres..heheh..in China Guangxi International Youth Exchange Institute...we've visit beijing last Dec. 2-7, 2006, we stayed a the China Political Science University for 1 week..then back to Nanning for our Graduation at the 10th...now im here in the Phils....

Comment

Originally posted by Cool Cat
                Phantim3dx..i was in china...last october-december 2006 also studying as a Cadres..heheh..in China Guangxi International Youth Exchange Institute...we've visit beijing last Dec. 2-7, 2006, we stayed a the China Political Science University for 1 week..then back to Nanning for our Graduation at the 10th...now im here in the Phils....

Guys help me how to put a picture/image in my account!please

Comment

Originally posted by viperbravo
                  Guys help me how to put a picture/image in my account!please
                  go to your profile...then...there you can find how to change to image...

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
                    i'm RetiredJordanStopper and i suck at NBA Live 2K7!!!! I've been posting since 2005 i think, so that makes me one of the older posters here. To all those active since 2005, maybe you'll remember that some of my posts here were erased because i called some posters sissies for dissing our NT...i've also challenged this chinese guy to get 4 chinese dudes to play me and 4 other slipper-wearing pinoys i got off the street for some serious full court action..that post was erased too....i'm also one of the few who foul mouthed fanboy Arthur Volbert in one of the threads here....i've tapered-off since, but it's good to see many avid kababayans posting here..hi to all!!!
                    I remember you and avolbert going at it, but I don't remember any of those other cases...

Stuart
                    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                    http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Hi!

Im -K2-

Im the forum idiot and administrator in chief

Im the one to blame for the shortage of bandwidth this forum suffered some years ago

I have been posting and spamming around since early 04 so basically everyone here knows me

Im puertorrican and I love all kind of basketball

I am a nerd, and I have the looks and the girls love me cuz im nerd and im good looking so what can I do?

no, seriously.. welcome to you all!
                      sigpic

Comment

I am Erektus! Like many Filipino posters here, I'm an avid RP Team fan and basketball lover. Avid bordering on rabid, actually. ;-P

I started posting on Asia-Basket's very hostile basketball forum (Irangels, whatever happened to Samurai?) in 2002 (at the height of the Asian Games) until I switched to the saner, more intelligent discussions here at Interbasket a couple of years ago. And so, to all the newcomers here, welcome and let's keep Interbasket clean and green!

I am an overseas Filipino worker in Hong Kong and my work brings me to China frequently, so I make it a point to sample the local hoops and nightlife of every location I visit. Hoops and alchohol -- such a quintessential pinoy lifestyle, eh? hehe

Thanks to RJS for naively giving me the monicker "HK Playground Legend" -- if you are talking about age, maybe! Haha. I win some, lose some. Despite HK's lowly standing in international basketball, many of you will be surprised that this tiny former crown colony has plenty of talented playground ballers (and plenty of playgrounds in a place already crammed with skyscrapers).

But yes, I can still run with the best of 'em. Back in college, I used to be a slasher (intramurals not varsity haha) due to my speed and quickness (I was in the track & field team). My trademark move was the wrap-around, tap-board layup. This was many years (and pounds haha) ago.

As I approached my mid-20s, my speed deteriorated and so I worked on my 3-point shot instead. And I've fallen in love with the 3 ever since. In practice, my shooting can even give Ritualo a run for his money! =P Call me arrogant, but YES, I'm an 80% 3-point shooter in practice and 60% in games (maybe 30% under pressure). But I doubt if Coach Chot Reyes will be interested in my services hahaha!

And oh, I almost forgot. I recently accepted the role of moderator for the Philippine forum. But it's just a title. Pinoys here can always look up to "model" posters here who exemplify poise, intelligence and courtesy such as Ctongco, Irangels, etc. We need more of these gentlemen!

P.S.
                        Phantim3dX, I agree that you do appear to be quite a handsome fellow. But I can assure you, my friend, that I'm a bigger hit with the chicks. =)

Comment

Friends,

JonarSabilano here. Yes, that is my real name, somewhat. I use this handle for all forums I belong to, except for PEx. I wasn't into basketball as a kid, having preferred books to balls, but my elder brother taught me some basic Milo BEST moves in second grade and I was hooked. I played small forward for the Philippine Science HS Passarelle team (for which I was known for my role as a slasher and fastbreak finisher) and switched to point guard in college. Later on, I was a long jumper for Ateneo's track-and-field training team until knee injuries got me. I still play pick-up games with colleagues, though.

I'm now working in an IT/consulting firm here in Eastwood City. I am also editing an online journal of contemporary Filipino poetry, which you can visit at http://balaraw.blogspot.com. I also play guitar for the acoustic band Petix Department, which has yet to play a single paying gig.

I am looking forward to intelligent baller discourse in this forum.

Nice meeting you all, guys.
                          Last edited by kerouac82; 06-26-2008, 09:31 AM.
                          Keep running, big boy.

Comment

eastwood city eh, how the professional ladies treatin you?
                            "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

eastwood city eh, how the professional ladies treatin you?
                              They're all fine. I don't like call-center girls that much, though. They tend to act a bit too stressed-out after work.
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information