This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sakamoto
    I remember that game and Adducul was part of the ABC all star team. He just came from an MBA game and he was late. When he was fielded in, he was block by Marlou Aquino and i cannot forget the comment of Noli Eala who was annotating the game. He said in the replay of the block by Marlou " Butata ka eto ang sayo welcome to the PBA".

His First FreeThrow attempt was an Air Ball..
    ________
    VOLCANO VAPORIZER
    Last edited by thugpinoy; 03-11-2011, 12:35 AM.
    Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

• Originally posted by saints13
      sir Joel23, former olympic placers are not seeded in the next olympics, only host China and WBC 2006 champion Spain has the privilledged of an outright slot. about the exact system to be followed in the wildcard phase, hindi ako sigurado sa wildcard kung paano sistema nun. pero aside from China saka dun sa isang papasok na Asian team sa Olympics, yun 2 teams na kasunod nun nagqualify na team sa FIBA Asia e may chance makipagrambulan sa mga runner-ups ng ibang FIBA Subzone Qualifiers, problem is, those runner-ups are far more superior than Asian teams but an upset would still be a threat. 12 na kase ang qualified sa Olympics, if I'm not mistaken the other 4 slots will make it a 16 team roster for the Olympics.

translation:
      I'm not pretty sure about the wildcard system for the Olympic qualifier, I read about that way way back.
      I read that 2nd and 3rd place will be automatically included in the olympic qualifying next year, that is assuming China will not be in the top 3 ... there will be 9 that will qualify in the olympics after all the fiba tourneys this year ... the next 3 will be known from the olympic qualifying next year wherein the runners up from different zones will fight for the top three spots ... so that makes it 12 total teams for the olympics vying for the crown

Comment

• Serious 24th FIBA-ASIA Olympic Qualifying prediction or survey results:

fibapredictionq.jpg

link this:

Comment

• Serious 24th FIBA-ASIA Olympic Qualifying prediction and survey results:

fibapredictionq.jpg

Comment

• 5 DAYS TO GO BAKBAKAN NA!!

TEAM PILIPINAS needs your prayers.

......¤......
            ¤........... ¤

Comment

• is there any link that we can watch these games on the net live?
              please share if you know!
              thanks!

Comment

• go.go.go.......

Yes, Go Team Philippines. Don't underestimate any team. Play consistently and be alert, employ good defense all the time and play with a big heart. Have a never say die attitude.

Comment

• Without those naturalized players the top teams in asia will be...

China
                  South Korea
                  Philippines

Sorry but without those naturalized players playing for other countries they are just pretenders and can never be contenders.

Comment

• Its on Saturday, opening of the FIBA Asia Championships. They play Iran at 5pm. (What's the latest movement on our RP TEAM this past few days aside from trouncing Kuwait?? Is Gabe Norwood and Kelly Williams paper works complete now and no problem whatesoever?? )

Comment

• Well thats not the case since every team is allowed 1 naturalized player , 1 player isnt gonna make that much of a difference btw Lebanon(2nd) was much better than Korea(4th) in 2005 (im not counting qatar who are 3rd cuz they have 12 africans) so even if we remove vogel i think they will would,ve stayed 2nd..............btw Lebanon now is much weaker than 2005 the same players almost but the selection of players for the coach really sux i hope we dont play RP cuz this is the most game that the coach doesnt know which players to insert....we can easily have a rebounding advantage by slowing the game down and putting our tall lineup with vogel,beshara and roy 2gether but this coach puts combinations of ali m and rony and balaa on PF and plays beshara on PF instead of SF....so im really speechless about this..........btw RP won kuwait by 16 and 35......are kuwait really weak ?? do they pose a threat for lebanon ?? i hear they are really short i hope the coach doesnt put ali mahmoud(182) on center and rony(183) on PF cuz the shorter the opponent the shorter the lineup he puts on the court ..........

Comment

• Originally posted by karim
                        Well thats not the case since every team is allowed 1 naturalized player , 1 player isnt gonna make that much of a difference btw Lebanon(2nd) was much better than Korea(4th) in 2005 (im not counting qatar who are 3rd cuz they have 12 africans) so even if we remove vogel i think they will would,ve stayed 2nd..............btw Lebanon now is much weaker than 2005 the same players almost but the selection of players for the coach really sux i hope we dont play RP cuz this is the most game that the coach doesnt know which players to insert....we can easily have a rebounding advantage by slowing the game down and putting our tall lineup with vogel,beshara and roy 2gether but this coach puts combinations of ali m and rony and balaa on PF and plays beshara on PF instead of SF....so im really speechless about this..........btw RP won kuwait by 16 and 35......are kuwait really weak ?? do they pose a threat for lebanon ?? i hear they are really short i hope the coach doesnt put ali mahmoud(182) on center and rony(183) on PF cuz the shorter the opponent the shorter the lineup he puts on the court ..........
                        RP has problems with weak teams, right?
                        this kuwait team must really be good!

nah, im just joking. i think kuwait played RP because it wants to evaluate their game for the fiba-asia championships. if they could stay close with RP, then they could also be competitive against lebanon...

karim, i guess lebanon's biggest headache in their group is japan. good luck to lebanon...

Comment

Well thats not the case since every team is allowed 1 naturalized player , 1 player isnt gonna make that much of a difference btw Lebanon(2nd) was much better than Korea(4th) in 2005 (im not counting qatar who are 3rd cuz they have 12 africans) so even if we remove vogel i think they will would,ve stayed 2nd..............btw Lebanon now is much weaker than 2005 the same players almost but the selection of players for the coach really sux i hope we dont play RP cuz this is the most game that the coach doesnt know which players to insert....we can easily have a rebounding advantage by slowing the game down and putting our tall lineup with vogel,beshara and roy 2gether but this coach puts combinations of ali m and rony and balaa on PF and plays beshara on PF instead of SF....so im really speechless about this..........btw RP won kuwait by 16 and 35......are kuwait really weak ?? do they pose a threat for lebanon ?? i hear they are really short i hope the coach doesnt put ali mahmoud(182) on center and rony(183) on PF cuz the shorter the opponent the shorter the lineup he puts on the court ..........
                          They're more Charles Barkley of the Philippines... The smaller guy can beat a bigger guy... Kuwait team's weak as similar level of Syria NT.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Sakamoto]I remember that game and Adducul was part of the ABC all star team. He just came from an MBA game and he was late. When he was fielded in, he was block by Marlou Aquino and i cannot forget the comment of Noli Eala who was annotating the game. He said in the replay of the block by Marlou " Butata ka eto ang sayo welcome to the PBA".[/QUOTE]

kinda off-topic again:

was he late? I forgot about it..

but I remember how they introduced Rommel Adducul in the opening ceremonies..

the MC said something like this..

"probably the best player not yet in the PBA" hahaha...

they really want the MBA to disband back then...

agaw ratings eh..hehe

that's why the PBA got desperate they allowed direct hiring of Fil-ams..

they were afraid that those players might play in the MBA if they don't hire them first..

and that's how the Fil-sham stuff started..LOL
                            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

I think with mamoud and fahed playing center and PF, you still have a chance against kuwait . seriously, even without vogel, khatib and beshara, lebanon would still win against kuwait.

Comment

• Originally posted by budz17
                                I think with mamoud and fahed playing center and PF, you still have a chance against kuwait . seriously, even without vogel, khatib and beshara, lebanon would still win against kuwait.
                                Also U-20 of Lebanon can beat Kuwait

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information