13th FIBA-Americas Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bman
    Does anyone know if the other Argentine stars who are not playing are quiting the team, or if they just opted out of this tournament?

I assume Ginobilli, Noccioni, Herrmann, etc. will want to play in the Olympics...
    They just opted out of the tournament of americas. They will probably be back next year. I just don't know about Wolkowysk, he was talking about retiring from the Argentina national team.

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79
      but no outside game, on offense or defense. This is how Europe has beaten the american super natural athleticism ( and will continue to do so).
      They're defense is better, they need to maintain it throughout the game -- I don't think you realize that they've added Michael Redd and Mike Miller, pretty good three-point shooters. As well as Billups and Deron Williams. And as much as I despise Kobe, he is damn good shooter too.

The 42-point outburst by the USA in the opening stanza was fueled by Redd’s fluid stroke, as the sharpshooting guard hit three-of-four three-pointers in the period before ultimately finishing with a game high 22 points. Carmelo Anthony also tallied 22 for the winners.
      Stuart
      http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
      http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
      http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
        They're defense is better, they need to maintain it throughout the game -- I don't think you realize that they've added Michael Redd and Mike Miller, pretty good three-point shooters. As well as Billups and Deron Williams. And as much as I despise Kobe, he is damn good shooter too.

Stuart
        I am aware of the inclusion of both Miller and Redd, and agree with you. I think that especially Redd is a great contribution. However, I am not talking about SG and SF shooting threes (which is pretty standard) which has been a great improvement in this version of the USA team. What I meant is that the way the European game has combated the USA agility and their overall superior athleticism is by having PFs and Centers who are agile in their ball handling skills and good three point and long range 2pt shooters playing in the perimeter. This causes several problems for the USA. In defense with the exception of a few players (like Garnett for example) they have to come out of their comfort zone and guard on the perimeter, at this time one of two things usually happen either the EU guy makes a three point basket because there was no close coverage on him and he is a good 3pt shooter (unlike Stoudemire and Howard), he takes him off the dribble because he has better ball handling skills and quickness for his size or he misses but since the big guys are out covering they are out rebounded. Additionally, due to their position they are able to get back in the court and play a solid zone defense.

*Dont get me wrong if the USA took a team of duncan shaq garnett iverson kobe anthony and james they will be unstopabble, their overall talent pool is too much*. But lately taking all super stars has not been effective thus the team went into a renovation phase.

Do you think this team could beat Spain?

By the way this applies pretty much to all the teams in the americas except for Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by LFGC79
          *Dont get me wrong if the USA took a team of duncan shaq garnett iverson kobe anthony and james they will be unstopabble, their overall talent pool is too much*. But lately taking all super stars has not been effective thus the team went into a renovation phase.

Do you think this team could beat Spain?

By the way this applies pretty much to all the teams in the americas except for Argentina.
          What about Iverson, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Anthony, Odom, Stoudemire...that was the team in 2004 and they lost to Lithuania, Puerto rico and Argentina, and were really close to lose to Spain also.
          Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
          You are a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by penzias
            What about Iverson, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Anthony, Odom, Stoudemire...that was the team in 2004 and they lost to Lithuania, Puerto rico and Argentina, and were really close to lose to Spain also.
            I agree I have that game on the PC.

Comment

Panama vs Mexico 95-90

its just finished right now.

D.Pinnock was the best in Panama with 30 pts.
              And Beck Castro, R. with 28 pts for mexico.

congrats panama,
              hard luck mexico.
              Proud to be Lebanese
              www.arabasket.com

Comment

James, Anthony, and Stoudemire are much better players now than in 2004. Wade isn't really suited to the international game.

Any team can lose, especially in a single-elimination tournament.
                Originally posted by Fedfan
                Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                Originally posted by GuTO
                refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

I agree Wade is not suited for international play.

Panama beat mexico, hoping uruguay beats them too, then our loss does not count for the next round.

Comment

Nothing to make noise about. Will need to see a game against Brasil or even Argentina to actually see something to evaluate. It is good to see Kobe look to pass before shooting. I like our shooting too, but I hope our D continues to hold up. Still wondering how well Chandler will do for this team.
                    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

wow

FIBA refs sucks
                      sigpic

Comment

I think no one expected Lo Grippo to be the key player in the game. Argentina is proving that almost every player can help gratly in winning games.

Comment

I dont want to make any excuses about the coaching staff, santiago etc. This is a pathetic showing, inconsistency is the word of the day.
                          Manolo is on acid or under a lot of pressure.

So sad a team full of so much talent. Some players that have led in many stats in leagues in Poland, Croatia and Italy and we look like children on neighborhood playground.

Why in the blue hell will you put the bench on a game in the second quarter just as you get a good lead and you are playing consistently.

Comment

USA beating Canada 65-34 at halftime. 37-13 second quarter. 20 points for Anthony.
                            refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

113-63 final.

20-22 from the free-throw line

Comment

USA 113- Canada 63

USA Canada

24/41 (59%) 2-POINTERS 16/49 (33%)
                                15/30 (50%) 3-POINTERS 5/15 (33%)
                                20/22 (91%) FREE THROWS 16/18 (89%)
                                13 FOULS 16
                                10 STEALS 7
                                9 TURNOVERS 16
                                10 OFF. REBOUNDS 10
                                33 DEF. REBOUNDS 23
                                54 BIGGEST LEAD 1
                                19 BIGGEST RUN 7

Nice game by Carmelo Anthony who have 25 Points and Michael Redd who chipped in 19 points for the Americans.

USA Team lead their bracket 3-0, The Americans will face a tougher competition as they will be facing Leandro Barbosa and his Brazilian Squad next game.

Carmelo Lead the USA in Scoring averaging 21.3 PPG
                                Last edited by Lebron23; 08-25-2007, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information