Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 13th FIBA-Americas Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Princelight
    HI guys.

I hear that Argentina will have to do without Scola, Delfino and other big profiles. I see they are on the rooster, but this is what I hear.

Is this true or not?

there is ARG rooster:
    5 Prigioni, Pablo
    4 Scola, Luis
    6 Gonzalez, Roman
    14 Sandes, Carlos Matias
    9 Porta, Antonio
    7 LO Grippo, Diego
    10 Delfino, Carlos
    13 Quinteros, Paolo
    11 Leiva, Martin Dario
    12 Gutierrez, Leonardo
    15 Kammerichs, Guillermo Federic
    8 Gutierrez, Juan

both, scola and delfino is playing against Uruguay now.

prigioni scola delfino and kammerichs is just 4 players which is known in Europe, least for me.

FIBA: USA vs. Venezuela Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv2oviWjI_M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWkHqaFAfL0

" Beautiful passing and getting all the players involve that is the concept of team Basketball"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKs8c...e=user&search=

FIBA Americas Top 10: Wednesday, Aug. 22
    Last edited by Lebron23; 08-23-2007 at 11:41 PM.

USA leading Virgin Islands 42-13 after the first quarter.

8/10 on three-pointers

Quote Originally Posted by AiwiTo
    prigioni scola delfino and kammerichs is just 4 players which is known in Europe, least for me.
    Prigioni, Kammerichs and Juan Gutiérrez play ACB. Porta played Lega and is now in Russia (signed in St. Petersburg). Quinteros, Lo Grippo, Sandes and Leiva play LEB. Román González and Leo Gutiérrez play in Argentina.

Nice game today against Uruguay, looking particularly solid in defense. The offense was fine, mainly because Prigioni and the others filled in for Delfino's bad shooting day.

Puerto Rico beat Panama by 41 point today, 108 to 67
    Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
    16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
    Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
    8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Quote Originally Posted by PRSURF
    Puerto Rico beat Panama by 41 point today, 108 to 67
    I was going to watch that game later tonight...but ESPNs stupid 'Bottom Line' displayed the score...oh well looks like I missed a blowout.

USA wins 123-59.

It might have been better if we started off by playing the better teams...they might be overconfident after the these two easy games and have trouble with Canada and Brazil as a result.

USA is playing really nice. I think that this same team in the Olympics could get bronze or silver. In WC maybe bronze. Stoudemire and Howard are good for inside presence but no outside game, on offense or defense. This is how Europe has beaten the american super natural athleticism ( and will continue to do so).

Quote Originally Posted by JGX
    USA wins 123-59.

It might have been better if we started off by playing the better teams...they might be overconfident after the these two easy games and have trouble with Canada and Brazil as a result.
    Canada will be a blowout in my humble opinion.

Does anyone know if the other Argentine stars who are not playing are quiting the team, or if they just opted out of this tournament?

I assume Ginobilli, Noccioni, Herrmann, etc. will want to play in the Olympics...

Quote Originally Posted by bman
    Does anyone know if the other Argentine stars who are not playing are quiting the team, or if they just opted out of this tournament?

I assume Ginobilli, Noccioni, Herrmann, etc. will want to play in the Olympics...
    They just opted out of the tournament of americas. They will probably be back next year. I just don't know about Wolkowysk, he was talking about retiring from the Argentina national team.

Quote Originally Posted by LFGC79
    but no outside game, on offense or defense. This is how Europe has beaten the american super natural athleticism ( and will continue to do so).
    They're defense is better, they need to maintain it throughout the game -- I don't think you realize that they've added Michael Redd and Mike Miller, pretty good three-point shooters. As well as Billups and Deron Williams. And as much as I despise Kobe, he is damn good shooter too.

The 42-point outburst by the USA in the opening stanza was fueled by Redd’s fluid stroke, as the sharpshooting guard hit three-of-four three-pointers in the period before ultimately finishing with a game high 22 points. Carmelo Anthony also tallied 22 for the winners.
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuart
    They're defense is better, they need to maintain it throughout the game -- I don't think you realize that they've added Michael Redd and Mike Miller, pretty good three-point shooters. As well as Billups and Deron Williams. And as much as I despise Kobe, he is damn good shooter too.

Stuart
    I am aware of the inclusion of both Miller and Redd, and agree with you. I think that especially Redd is a great contribution. However, I am not talking about SG and SF shooting threes (which is pretty standard) which has been a great improvement in this version of the USA team. What I meant is that the way the European game has combated the USA agility and their overall superior athleticism is by having PFs and Centers who are agile in their ball handling skills and good three point and long range 2pt shooters playing in the perimeter. This causes several problems for the USA. In defense with the exception of a few players (like Garnett for example) they have to come out of their comfort zone and guard on the perimeter, at this time one of two things usually happen either the EU guy makes a three point basket because there was no close coverage on him and he is a good 3pt shooter (unlike Stoudemire and Howard), he takes him off the dribble because he has better ball handling skills and quickness for his size or he misses but since the big guys are out covering they are out rebounded. Additionally, due to their position they are able to get back in the court and play a solid zone defense.

*Dont get me wrong if the USA took a team of duncan shaq garnett iverson kobe anthony and james they will be unstopabble, their overall talent pool is too much*. But lately taking all super stars has not been effective thus the team went into a renovation phase.

Do you think this team could beat Spain?

By the way this applies pretty much to all the teams in the americas except for Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by LFGC79
    *Dont get me wrong if the USA took a team of duncan shaq garnett iverson kobe anthony and james they will be unstopabble, their overall talent pool is too much*. But lately taking all super stars has not been effective thus the team went into a renovation phase.

Do you think this team could beat Spain?

By the way this applies pretty much to all the teams in the americas except for Argentina.
    What about Iverson, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Anthony, Odom, Stoudemire...that was the team in 2004 and they lost to Lithuania, Puerto rico and Argentina, and were really close to lose to Spain also.

Quote Originally Posted by penzias
    What about Iverson, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Anthony, Odom, Stoudemire...that was the team in 2004 and they lost to Lithuania, Puerto rico and Argentina, and were really close to lose to Spain also.
    I agree I have that game on the PC.

Panama vs Mexico 95-90

its just finished right now.

D.Pinnock was the best in Panama with 30 pts.
    And Beck Castro, R. with 28 pts for mexico.

congrats panama,
    hard luck mexico.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

James, Anthony, and Stoudemire are much better players now than in 2004. Wade isn't really suited to the international game.

Any team can lose, especially in a single-elimination tournament.

I agree Wade is not suited for international play.

Panama beat mexico, hoping uruguay beats them too, then our loss does not count for the next round.

Nothing to make noise about. Will need to see a game against Brasil or even Argentina to actually see something to evaluate. It is good to see Kobe look to pass before shooting. I like our shooting too, but I hope our D continues to hold up. Still wondering how well Chandler will do for this team.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

wow

FIBA refs sucks

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast