No announcement yet.

Lithuanian NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile federation cant reach dmo, but no worries his dad says that he BELIEVES that his son will join NT.

Comment

• D-Mo will miss first game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
        D-Mo will miss first game?
        He will be in Isreal tomorrow afternoon . Federation said that he will be in the game. How much he will play it's another question.
        Last edited by remigijus; 08-30-2017, 02:06 PM.
        Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
          if you're talking about that guy Grigonis, he was atrocious today, flat out atrocious...I don't know what exactly Adomaitis and you guys see in this guy's game that you keep making excuses for him, but he simply can't be a reliable PG option at this level by any stretch of imagination.
          Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Maybe I missed smth, but who said that Grigonis can be a reliable PG option? I mean, he is not a PG at alll....
          Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Reliable option? Hmm, no, man, I don't think that even our coach thinks so. Not with this kind of Grigonis, who is right after injury and is slow as turtle. I don't know what will happen in EB, but I hope Adomtaitis just tried Grigonis to see how he feels in this position
          I agree with Mindozas. Marius Grigonis was against Spain still far from having recovered 100% from his ankle injury. I think Coach Adomaitis was just trying to give Grigonis some additional court time against Spain since he missed so much of training camp and most of the friendly games.

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          I mean Kalnietis is not even an elite euro guard and he makes Grigonis look like an amateur lol.
          Whether Mantas Kalnietis is classified as an elite euro guard or not by the chattering classes is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that Kalnietis saves his best for the national team and has been making almost all other PGs look like amateurs nearly every summer going back to 2010.

Originally posted by madmax View Post
          as for the actual game today, Scariolo made adjustments in the second half by pressuring our useless backcourt which of course responded by making one turnover after another....
          "One turnover after another"? Which game were you watching? Against Spain the Lithuanian team had only eight turnovers which is very low by the standards of Lithuanian teams. Of these eight turnovers the guards accounted for only three, two by Grigonis and one by Kalnietis.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-30-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
            our coach certainly seems to think so... He's(Adomaitis) not even trying Juskevicius or Gecevicius in this position, who are much better ballhandlers than this guy(Grigonis) anyway. I mean how many times in a row he can lose the ball to opponents' pressure before Mr Adomaitis abandons this retarded idea?
            Originally posted by Modis View Post
            Overall Juskevicius didin't get solid minutes in friendlies this summer, and in this game not tried at all ... Gecevicius he's not even in consideration.
            Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            I think Adomaitis made a right decision trying Grigonis at 1. Juskevicius has zero decision making ability, Gecevicius is only good at p'n'r....
            I'm sure that Coach Adomaitis must be aware that Adas Juškevičius and Martynas Gecevičius played in tandem for Rytas in the 2014-15 season when Rytas finished with a very respectable 35-5 record in the LKL just behind Žalgiris at 36-4. I hope Adomaitis has therefore been grilling the two of them to play together since last Friday's game.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-30-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Would love to see much more aggression from both Ulanovas and Kuzminskas.
              With Eimantas Bendžius on the final roster, I think that Edgaras Ulanovas may now be spending a lot of time playing SG this tournament. Marius Grigonis' ankle just might not be up to the task, at least early on in the schedule.

Comment

PS: Orelikas is comfortably playing in preparation games already. Nice attitude. That's what separates respectable, serious dudes like Grigonis, Kairys from such types as Orelikas. I might be wrong here, but come on, he at least could look for alternatives, leaving the hope alive instead of announcing early he's not coming. Orelikas would help knowing that D-Mo is not 100% ready. IMO, he's obviously better than Bendzius and could give us offensive boost in some games.
                Would you really replace Eimantas Bendžius with Gediminas Orelikas at this late date when Bendžius was in camp from day one and Orelikas skipped it entirely?

Comment

• Originally posted by auris1 View Post
                  What about Orelikas ? I am really perplexed . Did he say no?
                  Back in May or June he said he'd injured his shoulder in the last club game of the season and couldn't participate this summer. Of course he may have been thinking that he wasn't likely to make the team anyway with Paulius Jankūnas, Domantas Sabonis and perhaps Donatas Motiejūnas all vying for PF spots on the roster and that may have influenced his decision at the time.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-30-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                    I say we castrate all members of youth NTs, life will be so much easier for NT
                    My suggestion is just the opposite. I say the Lithuanian Basketball Federation should bus several hundred athletic young groupies into the national team camp every year to facilitate sowing the seed for future Olympic teams.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-30-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                      My suggestion is just the opposite. I say the Lithuanian Basketball Federation should bus several hundred young athletic groupies into camp every year to facilitate sowing the seed for future Olympic teams.

1. Collect samples
                      2. Castration
                      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                        Thats the best you can do? Calling me stupid just because I have different opinion than you?
                        Do you have problems with well, reading? Where did I call you stupid?

You quoted me on every sentence and did not say anything meaningfull just a farts like your feelings doesnt mean shit and so what?
                        Have problems with reading again? Lets see what is "nothing meaningful" to you:
                        "...one of our best players should miss EC because his girlfriend will give birth to their child few days before championship? That makes sense to you?"
                        "It seems you don't really get what NT is about - to have best players in it. Tell me, do you know better PF in Lithuania?"
                        "No, he was not bad - he was missing shots, but Kuzminskas and other were missing shots too. He was defending, passing and moving well. And he will forget all he knows in 10 days? Really?"
                        So all of that is meaningful? Right...

You know this is a basketball forum right?
                        Yes, but seems you forgot about that discussing about things that are not basketball.

By the way - Motiejūnas became a father, his girlfriend gave birth to their son. So all who were screaming "he will miss birth anyway" have anything to say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                          Why are you attacking Miniotas here? You missed the point completly again. Shawshank used Miniotas to show whats a good teammate should be like in comparison to dmo.
                          My bad - about Miniotas in a hurry I understood wrong. But. Where I was attacking him? Did you read what I wrote? Or we understand word "attacking" differently?

Comment

• First things first - congrats to Donatas for becoming a father for the very first time . To hold your first born in your hands , for the very first time ? What medal can beat that ? This tournament will be forgotten by us as soon as Eurolueage starts or even sooner .
                            For Dmo, it will stay forever , the memory of becoming a dad .
                            I think he might be finally emotionally charged to play and give his best for the team , since 9 month waiting and worrying is over . Just think about it - he has a contract for the next season as well , plus baby is there . Plus , he doesn't have to change nappies 10 times a day . What an excuse ! Look darling ,the lads are really relying on me , I have to go .
                            And i do not think that people here understand that he went through very difficult 2 years . The injury , no contract . The timing was unfortunate but the intention was there - to help the team . And for that i will respect this guy .
                            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

• Damn, all this fuzz about D-Mo is such a meh

Love the tension of the first game! Don't like how Pačėsas talking nonsense every single EB
                              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                              Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Damn, all this fuzz about D-Mo is such a meh

Love the tension of the first game! Don't like how Pačėsas talking nonsense every single EB
                                I agree with you . But sometimes there is just too much abuse being projected for one player , and for what ?
                                Regarding Pacesa - he has joined Vainauskas jn ranks for me , when neither of them can do anything positive in the game , just fucking whine and whine . Two bloody sore losers .I do not bother even reading articles when i see they are coming from them two. And i read almost everything , like this filth in this forum )
                                And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information