No announcement yet.

Lithuanian NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secretive elections -Adomaitis will be competing with famous foreigner for the spot of LT head coach . What a ..... headline from Lrytas .

I hope it is not Plaza .
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Apparently it was Sasha Obradovic . Why not since he won't be getting a job anyway .
      Congrats to Adomaitis , I guess?
      Way above Kemzura, Butautas or Kazlauskas as a player . The way I see it , Kurtinaitis and Jasikevicius said no for now.
      Good choice .
      And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Seems like federation just decided not to contact with Kurtinaitis. Obviously Kurtinaitis once said something "bad" about Špokas once (like that he's not a man from BB world) and that might do it. Very interesting if that's true. However, we should wait till official news. I don't like Adomaitis option, I would even go with Maskoliunas or Krapikas instead of him. I don't see Adomaitis respected or achieved enough for this position.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Seems like federation just decided not to contact with Kurtinaitis. Obviously Kurtinaitis once said something "bad" about Špokas once (like that he's not a man from BB world) and that might do it. Very interesting if that's true. However, we should wait till official news. I don't like Adomaitis option, I would even go with Maskoliunas or Krapikas instead of him. I don't see Adomaitis respected or achieved enough for this position.
          Cut that conspirancies, man You don't like Adomaitis and that's your choice, I'm not sold on that either, but it has nothing to do with sympathies... Kazlas refused and it seems Adomaitis was first in rankings to take the place, so why to bother and contact anyone else if Doma agreed? Spokas has no bitterness regarding Kurtinaitis, latter was in preliminar list too, just obviously Adomaitis was higher as it seems. But let's wait for official news

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            Cut that conspirancies, man You don't like Adomaitis and that's your choice, I'm not sold on that either, but it has nothing to do with sympathies... Kazlas refused and it seems Adomaitis was first in rankings to take the place, so why to bother and contact anyone else if Doma agreed? Spokas has no bitterness regarding Kurtinaitis, latter was in preliminar list too, just obviously Adomaitis was higher as it seems. But let's wait for official news
            Adomaitis above Kurtinaitis in the list? Obviously it has nothing to do with competency, achievements because Adomaitis just can't compete with Kurtinaitis at this point. What was those other reason which put (if it's true...) Adomaitis above Kurtinaitis I would like to know. OK, maybe he seems promising, maybe he's less of a nut case, because Kurtinaitis is a little bit of nut case, but that's pretty much it...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Adomaitis above Kurtinaitis in the list? Obviously it has nothing to do with competency, achievements because Adomaitis just can't compete with Kurtinaitis at this point. What was those other reason which put (if it's true...) Adomaitis above Kurtinaitis I would like to know. OK, maybe he seems promising, maybe he's less of a nut case, because Kurtinaitis is a little bit of nut case, but that's pretty much it...
              You missed the obvious - bball philosophy. Adomaitis' one is clearly the same with Kazlauskas. Kazlauskas even could be called as his somekind of teacher. So it'd be like succession. That might be the key for this decision. I'm quite sure that Kazlauskas won't be far from NT either and would help Adomaitis with his decisions, atleast in the beginning. Overall speaking, I was supporting Kurtinaitis as he looks like the best option now, but if to look at it throught longterm perspective (2019-2020), maybe Adomaitis isn't the worst option either, I really see lot of potential in him as a coach

Comment

You missed the obvious - bball philosophy. Adomaitis' one is clearly the same with Kazlauskas. Kazlauskas even could be called as his somekind of teacher. So it'd be like succession. That might be the key for this decision. I'm quite sure that Kazlauskas won't be far from NT either and would help Adomaitis with his decisions, atleast in the beginning. Overall speaking, I was supporting Kurtinaitis as he looks like the best option now, but if to look at it throught longterm perspective (2019-2020), maybe Adomaitis isn't the worst option either, I really see lot of potential in him as a coach
                Oh, now it makes sense. Kazlauskas should stick around in the federations it seems. Well, I'm not entirely against Adomaitis choice it's just that to me he seems too raw as a coach, but if he has the support of Kazlauskas and Sabonis that's already big plus in terms of respect. Besides, there's some sort of tradition build already. I'm not against all this if it's going to work. If not, I'm here with Kurtinaitis, asking very simple question - who are these days the opposition of Sabonis/Kazlauskas monopoly of Lithuanian BB? When Garastas/Balciunas ruled they were under the glass, everyone followed every step and everyone criticized them and I found that as a very good thing generally. Now who will come and say "listen, Sabas and Jonas, things not going too well maybe it's time for some changes"? I'm not a fan of monarchy. Those 1-8 goals, I can't imagine how incompetent coaches should come that with Lithuanian NT they would go beyond top 8. That happens once in the decade. However, I wish this federation look, at it seems s serious structure has been build, a hierarchy - Sabonis, Kazlauskas, Adomaitis (?)...I'm just guessing what Špokas does there, more of a biurocrat I guess. BTW, how do you think, could it be that Mačiulis and Kalnietis has a bit to do with the fact Kurtinaitis is not exactly very much wanted as a head coach? I mean the way he and Butautas treated them in 2009 and overall in 2007-2009? Wouldn't be surprised that's one of the reasons. Other, Kurtinaitis surely not a puppy that Kazlauskas could control from distance.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I'm not against all this if it's going to work. If not, I'm here with Kurtinaitis, asking very simple question - who are these days the opposition of Sabonis/Kazlauskas monopoly of Lithuanian BB? When Garastas/Balciunas ruled they were under the glass, everyone followed every step and everyone criticized them and I found that as a very good thing generally. Now who will come and say "listen, Sabas and Jonas, things not going too well maybe it's time for some changes"? I'm not a fan of monarchy.
                  I wouldn't call it monarchy. I just can't think about better options to rule LT bball - our best player ever, who has huge influence in bball world and that's really important + our best coach, who is more than competent to make decisions regarding NT. Yeah, at times Kazlas or Sabas looks a bit butthurt when it comes to critisism, but well, atleast we can be sure that all they does is for the sake of bball, not to fill their pockets. While if smth will go really wrong, I'm sure both will have guts to stand up and leave. Let's say such Balciunas looked really sly person, has lot of contraversy behind his back, while Garastas, who still has some ties with LKF, was really too old for such duties, remember some of his racist remarks... He did deserve some bashing regarding that or some other stuff. Our media is always there to critisize too, sadly, it's really unprofessional and especially some sites tends to do it just to gain clicks... So I'm not really worried about our federation, atleast I can't see who could represent our bball better

Those 1-8 goals, I can't imagine how incompetent coaches should come that with Lithuanian NT they would go beyond top 8. That happens once in the decade.
                  I see you can't get over this goals stuff I think you are concentrating too much on such meaningless stuff, it has no influence on NT game or motivation what so ever

BTW, how do you think, could it be that Mačiulis and Kalnietis has a bit to do with the fact Kurtinaitis is not exactly very much wanted as a head coach? I mean the way he and Butautas treated them in 2009 and overall in 2007-2009? Wouldn't be surprised that's one of the reasons. Other, Kurtinaitis surely not a puppy that Kazlauskas could control from distance.
                  I don't think that Kalnietis or Maciulis paid too much attention to that. Yeah, those memories from 2009 surely weren't the best, to say the least, but atleast Kalnietis isn't such butthurt person to have some grudge on anyone. I can only repeat myself, if it'll be Adomaitis, IMO the main reasons are continuity and perspective with concentration to 2019-2020. How it all will pan out - none can say. I just want to believe that LKF knows what they're doin' and are sure of their decisions

Comment

Only Complete idiot would rank Adomaitis higher then Kurtinaitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                      Only Complete idiot would rank Adomaitis higher then Kurtinaitis.
                      So if Adomaitis will be chosen, Sabas and Kazlauskas are complete idiots, right?

Comment

I love how some people reacted to this "election" of new coach. I hated hysteric, paranoid war with the media which Kazlauskas started in 2013, he even wanted that government would control the media regarding basketball Dude is a good coach, but obviously has no idea where and when he is at, some kind of anachronical understanding of the time. Maybe it's stress, maybe heritage of Soviet authoritarian regime, but very often Sabonis and Kazlauskas look like 2 ridiculous people in the public. Now, they just picked comfortable choice and obviously none of other LKF members know much if anything about it and they are not even going to talk with the media after the election of new coach Well hello and sorry Jonas, but it's democracy, it's time to grab a dictionary. About time...They are dealing with Lithuanian national basketball as they would decide what kind of the stake they should grill in their private yard...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Indeed, the more comments I read, the more ridiculous it gets... I guess two elections at the same time (government and NT coach) is too much to handle for some

Comment

So if Adomaitis will be chosen, Sabas and Kazlauskas are complete idiots, right?
                            if he will be chosen it will be because there is something going between federation and Kurtinaitis.
                            My Guess is that federation dont want a Coach that they cant Control.

p.s. sorry for caps... im using internet Explorer, since other apps dont open this forum anymore. IE for some reason likes to start Words With caps.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                              if he will be chosen it will be because there is something going between federation and Kurtinaitis.
                              My Guess is that federation dont want a Coach that they cant Control.

p.s. sorry for caps... im using internet Explorer, since other apps dont open this forum anymore. IE for some reason likes to start Words With caps.
                              There's nothing serious goin' between Kurtinaitis and someone from LKF. With Sabas they are friends, also didn't hear about any conflicts between Kurtis and Kazlas, and these are two main guys whos opinion is the most valuable here. Moreover, even if there'd be smth, I just wouldn't believe that Sabas and LKF stuff would pick a worse coach just because of some personal ambitions... and at the same time would harm Lithuanian bball. No way I'd believe in that, knowing how much Sabas, Kazlas cares about it. That would be just stupid to do so. Now all I can see here is different NT vision, than most of us do. Thinking deeper it make sense to hire Adomaitis for future purposes, I also see lot of potential in him and he might blossom as a coach in few years, Kazlauskas guidance might help him a lot too. But at the same time a thing that I don't like - it's a bit of a gamble. The same case like it'd be with Jasikevicius f.e. Both are unproven on international stage

Comment

Mindozas, you trying to cover or ignore any criticism of Kazlauskas and follow him as he would be some messiah who never makes mistakes Particularly, wasn't Kazlauskas who blamed Balciunas writing some bad articles in the basketnews.lt about NT during Eurobasket 2013, blaming LKF that they are controlling media and that they are trying to slander Kazlauskas' NT, while it was young fellows of basktnews.lt not having any ties with LKF? And Jovaiša just laughed at that saying that's complete stupidity. Wasn't Kazlauskas and Sabonis threats to leave federation if Balciunas won't retire ridiculous? Wasn't Sabonis' cry and whining about how bad the media is completely funny and idiotic? Also, is it right that it's only Sabonis and Kazlauskas decide who will be the head coach while even Garastas, ultimate old timer, was able to listen to trainers association and there at least been something like normal elections? Not like now, no-one knows what's going on. If it's all OK for you...than good luck with that kind of conformism

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information