Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lithuanian NT 2017

I love how some people reacted to this "election" of new coach. I hated hysteric, paranoid war with the media which Kazlauskas started in 2013, he even wanted that government would control the media regarding basketball Dude is a good coach, but obviously has no idea where and when he is at, some kind of anachronical understanding of the time. Maybe it's stress, maybe heritage of Soviet authoritarian regime, but very often Sabonis and Kazlauskas look like 2 ridiculous people in the public. Now, they just picked comfortable choice and obviously none of other LKF members know much if anything about it and they are not even going to talk with the media after the election of new coach Well hello and sorry Jonas, but it's democracy, it's time to grab a dictionary. About time...They are dealing with Lithuanian national basketball as they would decide what kind of the stake they should grill in their private yard...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Indeed, the more comments I read, the more ridiculous it gets... I guess two elections at the same time (government and NT coach) is too much to handle for some

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    So if Adomaitis will be chosen, Sabas and Kazlauskas are complete idiots, right?
    if he will be chosen it will be because there is something going between federation and Kurtinaitis.
    My Guess is that federation dont want a Coach that they cant Control.

p.s. sorry for caps... im using internet Explorer, since other apps dont open this forum anymore. IE for some reason likes to start Words With caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    if he will be chosen it will be because there is something going between federation and Kurtinaitis.
    My Guess is that federation dont want a Coach that they cant Control.

p.s. sorry for caps... im using internet Explorer, since other apps dont open this forum anymore. IE for some reason likes to start Words With caps.
    There's nothing serious goin' between Kurtinaitis and someone from LKF. With Sabas they are friends, also didn't hear about any conflicts between Kurtis and Kazlas, and these are two main guys whos opinion is the most valuable here. Moreover, even if there'd be smth, I just wouldn't believe that Sabas and LKF stuff would pick a worse coach just because of some personal ambitions... and at the same time would harm Lithuanian bball. No way I'd believe in that, knowing how much Sabas, Kazlas cares about it. That would be just stupid to do so. Now all I can see here is different NT vision, than most of us do. Thinking deeper it make sense to hire Adomaitis for future purposes, I also see lot of potential in him and he might blossom as a coach in few years, Kazlauskas guidance might help him a lot too. But at the same time a thing that I don't like - it's a bit of a gamble. The same case like it'd be with Jasikevicius f.e. Both are unproven on international stage

Mindozas, you trying to cover or ignore any criticism of Kazlauskas and follow him as he would be some messiah who never makes mistakes Particularly, wasn't Kazlauskas who blamed Balciunas writing some bad articles in the basketnews.lt about NT during Eurobasket 2013, blaming LKF that they are controlling media and that they are trying to slander Kazlauskas' NT, while it was young fellows of basktnews.lt not having any ties with LKF? And Jovaiša just laughed at that saying that's complete stupidity. Wasn't Kazlauskas and Sabonis threats to leave federation if Balciunas won't retire ridiculous? Wasn't Sabonis' cry and whining about how bad the media is completely funny and idiotic? Also, is it right that it's only Sabonis and Kazlauskas decide who will be the head coach while even Garastas, ultimate old timer, was able to listen to trainers association and there at least been something like normal elections? Not like now, no-one knows what's going on. If it's all OK for you...than good luck with that kind of conformism
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Mindozas, you trying to cover or ignore any criticism of Kazlauskas and follow him as he would be some messiah who never makes mistakes
    Messiah? Are you for real? I might reply in your style, SF, you are tryin' to pour the crap over Kazlauskas for a few years now... Most of the times for no reason at all, just because he doesn't bring some of your beloved youngsters to NT, and lately it even gets ridiculous when you're tryin' to blame coach for not bringing Pocius to NT after one good friendly, Lekavicius and Ulanovas after good game vs Rytas... So maybe if I'm not supporting such ideas of yours makes me the one for whom Kazlauskas is messiah... then let it be.
    About the other part of your post... another proof of my words, you brought here story from 2013, what it has to do with current situation? Was it the "best" you could remember about them? I already called in one of my posts that Kazlas and Sabas are a bit butthurt regarding critics, but yeah, our media is idiotic too, by yourself not so long ago you were calling it the same way, posted here an article from the same bnews, so what changed? In 2013 it was better or now suddenly it improved big time? IMO it still sucks with bunch of stupid articles to gain clicks...
    Btw, talking about elections, if you forgot, Kurtinaitis was laughing at election system in 2009, when Garastas was at LKF helm, when Kemzura was chosen, said it isn't some beauty contest to be that open. LKF must choose candidate, negotiate with him and appoint him. Now when it seems that elections might be exactly this way, he isn't happy once again... Ask yourself why... But still, nothing happened yet, none of us knows how it will go. Despite, Kazlauskas is my god and messiah, I still support the idea of Kurtinaitis taking charge of NT. God forgive me

Can you just stop arguing for a second and tell me what is exact procedure of electing the NT coach ?
    For example - did Kurtinaitis applied for the job ? Did Adomaitis had to apply for the position or he was offered it .
    So then , do they vote in the meeting and a person with majority gets a job? Can they veto candidates before voting?
    Maybe what are they doing is in their ( federation ) rule book and Sabonis and co are following rules . Or is it opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Can you just stop arguing for a second and tell me what is exact procedure of electing the NT coach ?
    For example - did Kurtinaitis applied for the job ? Did Adomaitis had to apply for the position or he was offered it .
    So then , do they vote in the meeting and a person with majority gets a job? Can they veto candidates before voting?
    Maybe what are they doing is in their ( federation ) rule book and Sabonis and co are following rules . Or is it opposite?
    Even LKF Executive Committee member doesn't know exactly. He says Kurtinaitis is the only possible candidate for him and he will offer him (he talked with Kurtis as well). That's obvious for most of us i think. I mean Kurtinaitis being the best our coach for the present. Adomaitis is totally unexperienced coach and no wonder many people see this as friendship/loyalty with Sabas and Kazlauskas. No wonder many people (me as well) likes Kazlauskas as a coach but doesn't like him in other cliche. No wonder people don't like all this stuff.

https://www.basketnews.lt/news-10227...-rinkimai.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Even LKF Executive Committee member doesn't know exactly. He says Kurtinaitis is the only possible candidate for him and he will offer him (he talked with Kurtis as well). That's obvious for most of us i think. I mean Kurtinaitis being the best our coach for the present. Adomaitis is totally unexperienced coach and no wonder many people see this as friendship/loyalty with Sabas and Kazlauskas. No wonder many people (me as well) likes Kazlauskas as a coach but doesn't like him in other cliche. No wonder people don't like all this stuff.

https://www.basketnews.lt/news-10227...-rinkimai.html
    People do not like secrecy . But LKF as an organisation ,which , I suppose at the moments like this sedms a bit conservative ,is entitled to make decisions without public consultations . Nothing wrong with that .
    I can assure you that for the job of English NT football coach them things were as secretive as this . Federation contacts individuals of interest, or some individuals make applications , and FA sit together , just a few people , and they decide .
    Same here . Sabas , as a president of LKF and few others in committee , plus Kazlauskas , have made a decision .
    I am sure that a decision they made , in their minds , is for the best, the desicion in interest of LT basketball for the future . Do I like Kurtinaitis ? I do . One might prefer Kurtinaitis as well instead of Adomaitis . But none of us here makes decisions . I am sure we will have plenty of opportunities to moan about in the future , but for now...?

This federation is a mess, or to put it other way - well oiled authoritarian closed circle. Members of LKF committee (one week away from important day) don't have any information about the system of election or candidates. And they would like to know that to prepare:

http://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/lk...inkimai/266717
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    People do not like secrecy . But LKF as an organisation ,which , I suppose at the moments like this sedms a bit conservative ,is entitled to make decisions without public consultations . Nothing wrong with that .
    I can assure you that for the job of English NT football coach them things were as secretive as this . Federation contacts individuals of interest, or some individuals make applications , and FA sit together , just a few people , and they decide .
    Same here . Sabas , as a president of LKF and few others in committee , plus Kazlauskas , have made a decision .
    I am sure that a decision they made , in their minds , is for the best, the desicion in interest of LT basketball for the future . Do I like Kurtinaitis ? I do . One might prefer Kurtinaitis as well instead of Adomaitis . But none of us here makes decisions . I am sure we will have plenty of opportunities to moan about in the future , but for now...?.
    Exactly. Sadly, for some people its too hard to get it and somekind of paranoia takes over...

This reminds me of Our football federation games.

Organisations that live out of Our Money should be 100% transperent. We should be able to know how Things Works, how desicions are being made inside.
    Seems to me that they are hiding something. Its not paranoia, nor do I dislike Kazlauskas or any of them whatsoever. I actually respect them.
    However I still want to know how they come up to the decisions. 4=2*2 or 4=2+2 or 4=3+1. Result without equasion is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    This reminds me of Our football federation games.

Organisations that live out of Our Money should be 100% transperent. We should be able to know how Things Works, how desicions are being made
    Agree. We talk about NT here. And we talk about Lithuanian, democratic country, BB NT. It means there can't be one or two guys who decide everything. It's strange that some people here still has that old regime conformism, obviously coming from Soviet times, when everything was "laid down from the top". Suddenly it's OK that Kazlauskas wants to control everything, doesn't want to talk with anyone except Sabonis (but I see him as Kazlauskas' puppy at this point, he has been doing everything what Kazlauskas told him to do since 2013 as it seems, even to go with completely funny things at 2013, trying to shut down the media, freedom of speech, talking a lot of nonsense, blaming commentators, portals, federation members, everyone for trying to demolish Kazlauskas' NT...If that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTTpDK6cs0) is a solid/decent press conference of LKF president than we surely have different point of view...). If there will be election of one person- it's not election. It's authoritarian decision. And if somehow there won't be normal meeting of LKF committee and 13 members won't be able to vote, I surely won't be OK with that. If they have strong arguments why Adomaitis should be there, they should explicit that and committee should decide if that's the best decision, but there also should be an alternative to vote for, only this way I'm OK with Adomaitis. Kazlauskas can't decide alone that Adomaitis is better than Kurtinaitis f.e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kurtinaitis.net vs Adomaitisnews.lt

Agree. We talk about NT here. And we talk about Lithuanian, democratic country, BB NT. It means there can't be one or two guys who decide everything. It's strange that some people here still has that old regime conformism, obviously coming from Soviet times, when everything was "laid down from the top". Suddenly it's OK that Kazlauskas wants to control everything, doesn't want to talk with anyone except Sabonis (but I see him as Kazlauskas' puppy at this point, he has been doing everything what Kazlauskas told him to do since 2013 as it seems, even to go with completely funny things at 2013, trying to shut down the media, freedom of speech, talking a lot of nonsense, blaming commentators, portals, federation members, everyone for trying to demolish Kazlauskas' NT...If that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzTTpDK6cs0) is a solid/decent press conference of LKF president than we surely have different point of view...). If there will be election of one person- it's not election. It's authoritarian decision. And if somehow there won't be normal meeting of LKF committee and 13 members won't be able to vote, I surely won't be OK with that. If they have strong arguments why Adomaitis should be there, they should explicit that and committee should decide if that's the best decision, but there also should be an alternative to vote for, only this way I'm OK with Adomaitis. Kazlauskas can't decide alone that Adomaitis is better than Kurtinaitis f.e.
    Kazlauskas is one of reptilians, I'm pretty sure of that

Agree. We talk about NT here. And we talk about Lithuanian, democratic country, BB NT. It means there can't be one or two guys who decide everything. It's strange that some people here still has that old regime conformism, obviously coming from Soviet times, when everything was "laid down from the top".
    That's a little bit uncalled for ... All I see on your side is entitlement to know of how where and when things should be done . We have now two people out of 13 from LKF federation who said in public that they might be supporting someone else aside from Adomaitis - Anužis (2 votes ) and Gedvila . How is that not democratic ?
    And , you have to remember that both PRs for LKF ( Kunigelis and Sabas ) just left the job to work for FIBA .
    So they have no one to update Lithuanian public 5 times a day about .... not sure what ,actually .

Sodrama is over and today new coach was chosen

Adomaitis - 10 votes
    Kurtinaitis - 3
    Maksvytis - 0

Gedvilas, who represented coaches association, abstained from voting

Anyway, as Spokas said, after Kazlauskas decided not to continue, for LKF #1 option was Jasikevicius, but after thinking for 10 days, he refused to take the job due to family reasons and obligations to Zalgiris. 2nd in list was Adomaitis, he agreed, so no further negotiations with other candidates took place. Kurtinaitis was among them, but as it seems it was NT players decision, which dragged him down in the list

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Sodrama is over and today new coach was chosen

Adomaitis - 10 votes
    Kurtinaitis - 3
    Maksvytis - 0
    Well, it's good the elections was democratic. Worse thing is that Adomaitis is not the best coach after Kazlauskas in Lithuania. We'll see how it will work. I hope Adomaitis has some ideas, hope that we'll see new things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maksvytis highier than Kurtinaitis in the list is a joke. The only thing that could make sense is that NT players are against him. But if i'm not mistaken, nobody from NT was coached by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Maksvytis highier than Kurtinaitis in the list is a joke. The only thing that could make sense is that NT players are against him. But if i'm not mistaken, nobody from NT was coached by him.
    Where did you see info that Maksvytis was higher? Maybe I missed smth, but as much as I read it was 1. Kazlauskas, 2. Jasikevicius, 3. Adomaitis, then no details were given, just that players put Kemzura higher in their list than Kurtinaitis.

Regarding players coached by Kurtis (from 2016 roster) - Kalnietis, Maciulis, Jankunas, Javtokas (all in NT), Valanciunas (Rytas), Kuzminskas (Sakalai), Seibutis and Kavaliauskas were coached in youth NTs if I recall correctly, when won World champ in 2005

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast