No announcement yet.

Lithuanian National Team for WC2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The candidates to the Lithuanian national team, who started the ten-day long preparing cycle will go to to the first friendly tournament in Italy on Monday (06.19). The players will meet Czech republyc, Venesuela and Italy in the town of Rieti. The team will be coached by Valdemaras Chomičius.

The coach has been working with the young players for a week and he is glad to see their enthusiasm. "I like them a lot. There are no talks. All of them are completing their tasks 100%. Men are working without reserving any forces." - the coach said to www.rinktine.lt

The training process is observed by the head coach of A.Sireika. The coaching board has decided, that Giedrius Gustas, Tomas Delininkaitis and Marijonas Petravičius won't go to Italy and they will join the main camp of the team, which will start on 25th of June.

"G.Gustas, T.Delininkaitis and M.Petravičius has enough of playing time in their clubs. What will we win, if they will have some playing practice in Italy? We have players, that have to be checked in the international game, to see how they react to the various situations on the court," - V.Chomičius said.

When asked, how the players from U.S. universities adapt to the lithuanian style of the game, the coach cleared out that the training process started with the precising of the fast breaks, so there are no big problems.

"As we have not so many schemes, there is no difference, which country the player was playing in"

According to V.Chomičius, in the tournament in Italy the main goal of the national team is to check the players, but the coach always wants to win, so the teem will be seeking for victories.

Twelve players are going to Italy, and they will be managed by V.Chomičius, R.Kuncaitis and A.Kosauskas.

The players:

Guards:
    Vytenis Jasikevičius
    Darius Pakamanis
    Gediminas Maceina

Forwards:
    Stepas Babrauskas
    Artūras Jomantas
    Aurimas Kieža
    Jonas Mačiulis
    Vladimiras Severovas
    Valdas Vosylius

Centers:
    Darius Šilinskis
    Tautvydas Lydeka
    Pavelas Čukinas

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
      The coaching board has decided, that Giedrius Gustas, Tomas Delininkaitis and Marijonas Petravičius won't go to Italy and they will join the main camp of the team, which will start on 25th of June.
      Which means that players participating in main camp are:

Robertas Javtokas
      Marijonas Petravičius
      Kšyštofas Lavrinovičius
      Darjušas Lavrinovičius
      Darius Songaila
      Paulius Jankūnas
      Linas Kleiza
      Mindaugas Žukauskas
      Andrius Šležas
      Simas Jasaitis
      Simonas Serapinas
      Reinaldas Seibutis
      Ramūnas Šiškauskas
      Mindaugas Lukauskis
      Arvydas Macijauskas
      Tomas Delininkaitis
      Giedrius Gustas
      Vidas Ginevičius
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Andrius Šležas wasn't on the primary list of players who are invited to the main camp. When he got the invitation? i assume that it could happent just after he was recognized as an MVP of the LKL finals. Somehow I missed the official message.

Another thing to mention is about Vidas Ginevičius. He has suffered a big shock last week as his son Domas, who was born in the beginning of May has died. It is really hard to concentrate after such events.

Comment

Andrius Šležas wasn't on the primary list of players who are invited to the main camp. When he got the invitation? i assume that it could happent just after he was recognized as an MVP of the LKL finals. Somehow I missed the official message.
          You are right about that. I don't think there was official message, just like with addition of Maceina and Lydeka

Comment

Yes, Šležas was invited after LKL final.

Comment

Lithuanian NT leaves for a friendly tournament in Italy, where they are going to play with Czech, Venezuela and Italy. Roster for this tournament,

Guards
              Vytenis Jasikevičius,
              Darius Pakamanis,
              Gediminas Maceina

Forwards
              Stepas Babrauskas,
              Artūras Jomantas,
              Aurimas Kieža,
              Jonas Mačiulis,
              Vladimiras Severovas,
              Valdas Vasylius

Centers
              Darius Šilinskis,
              Tautvydas Lydeka,
              Pavelas Čukinas

I think Jasikevičius, Mačiulis, Lydeka and Čiukinas will be the main players of this NT.

Comment

whois Lydeka??

i think Jomantas, Kieza, Maciulis and Ciukinas will be main players. Jasikevicius? he is too young. Pakamanis? too slow. Maceina? maybe.

Comment

Tautvydas Lydeka played in Ukraine this year. Actually I haven't seen him playing, but his stats were crazy. He is definately better than Ciukinas or Silinskis, and he is only 22 years old.

At the moment I can't find any information about his stats, but I'll keep searching. ;-)

Comment

Any news about Lithuania - Czech game? Match should be over by now.

Comment

Lithuania won the first game of tounament against Czech 80:76 (25:20, 15:23, 20:15, 18:20). In the middle of 2nd quarter Tautvydas Lydeka broke the board, so the game had to be stoped for a while.

J.Mačiulis 25, G.Maceina 12, A.Jomantas 11, P.Čiukinas 9, S.Babrauskas 8, V.Severovas 4, D.Pakamanis, V.Vosylius and T.Lydeka 3, V. Jasikevičius – 2.

Comment

Lithuania B team beats Venezuela 72:69 (17:16, 17:16, 19:20, 17:17)

Comment

Lithuanian so called "2nd national team" lost againt Italy and finished second in the overall rankings.

Italy - Lithuania 84:70 (19:18, 23:19, 17:17, 16:25)

V.Jasikevičius 3, S.Babrauskas 10, J.Mačiulis 4, A.Jomantas 4, G.Maceina 7, D.Pakamanis 5, A.Kieža 10, V.Severovas 5, V.Vasylius 10, P.Čukinas 12, T.Lydeka and D.Šilinskis 0

I expected much more from Tautvydas Lydeka.

Comment

Official preliminary roster:

Robertas Javtokas
                            Marijonas Petravičius
                            Pavelas Čiukinas
                            Kšyštofas Lavrinovičius
                            Darjušas Lavrinovičius
                            Darius Songaila
                            Paulius Jankūnas
                            Aurimas Kieža
                            Linas Kleiza
                            Mindaugas Žukauskas
                            Jonas Mačiulis
                            Simas Jasaitis
                            Artūras Jomantas
                            Simonas Serapinas
                            Reinaldas Seibutis
                            Ramūnas Šiškauskas
                            Mindaugas Lukauskis
                            Arvydas Macijauskas
                            Tomas Delininkaitis
                            Mantas Kalnietis
                            Giedrius Gustas
                            Vidas Ginevičius
                            Gediminas Maceina

Comment

Another thing to mention is about Vidas Ginevičius. He has suffered a big shock last week as his son Domas, who was born in the beginning of May has died. It is really hard to concentrate after such events.
                              Ginevicius announced that he won't play in WC2006.

Comment

I have to say those are great news! (I hope everyone understands that I'm talking about Ginevicius decision not to play in NT, and not about the tragedy in his family) I can't stand Ginevicius. He was one of the reasons why I did not like Zalgiris last season, and if Zalgiris won't get another player to replace Vidas, probably he will be the reason why I won't support Zalgiris next season as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information