No announcement yet.

2017 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibon Navarro is a great coach, and what spanish youth teams need, a player able to develop our prospects.

I see that Yusta is playing really well, happy for him, let's see what Lolaso has prepared for him this season.

WTF? Are you comparing a U-20 player with Rudy? To surpass King Rudy in flopping style, he will have to be practicing during a decade.

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
      Ha Ha Ha you are kidding. Germany was playing wrestling ball yesterday!
      Besides, Greece would finish first even with a loss, so it's not like they needed any help... I think the referees were just in a dad day (remember when they forgot who was fouled by Greece at the end?)

Anyway, things happen, both teams played some good basketball, 't was a great game, with tension, several lead changes, nice plays and everything...

Germany vs Turkey and Greece vs Montenegro will be great games too I think...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
        Ibon Navarro is a great coach, and what spanish youth teams need, a player able to develop our prospects.

I see that Yusta is playing really well, happy for him, let's see what Lolaso has prepared for him this season.

WTF? Are you comparing a U-20 player with Rudy? To surpass King Rudy in flopping style, he will have to be practicing during a decade.
        Chacho you know how I feel about Ibon Navarro. He is a favorite of mine and I want him in EL ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
          Ibon Navarro is a great coach, and what spanish youth teams need, a player able to develop our prospects.

Man, whatever Spain is doing, it's an incredibly good job, both men and women bball. for so many years, at all levels. Respect!

The only other nation I see mass producing talent like no other, continuously, is France. but they're yet to bring the same level of success.

Serbia and Lithuania do not count, every kid on the street is a prospect
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaliH View Post
            About Turkey... I watched all of their games- not in details though but while chatting on Facebook, eating etc. Yet team looked lost in like 90% of the time. I don't know who the coach is and what his record is but team just looked awful. I have never imagined that a team with decent prospects like Omer, Erna and Furkan (who joined the team yesterday after a 15+ hour flight and 5-6 games in the Summer League and was obviously not ready to provide right away) will look so bad. They can't even move the ball around, most shots are from bas positions etc.

Yet I believe that we can only improve our game.
            Coach is Selcuk Ernak, who coached Sakarya in 2nd league last year. He is known to be a good coach, but I'm disappointed as well, the game is not flowing. Every player first tries to dribble then pass inside. it's already obvious in first 5 mins, and then we are out of options quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
              Ha Ha Ha you are kidding. Germany was playing wrestling ball yesterday!
              Maybe it looks like, because your players are pretty good actors: Number 12, he-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, is a hell of a flopper. Three unsportsmanlike foul on him and by two of them I am not even sure it was a normal foul. He should play Beachvolleyball.

@Mr Chacho: He is a once in a lifetime flopper, trust me or watch the second half. As a neutral it should be fun.

All in all I agree with you @8odoros .

Comment

• German players were constantly hitting or pushing down their opponents and you're claiming that our players are pretty good actors..Plain ridiculous. Also blaiming the refs while Germany had nearly 30 FTs while Greece had 37 and in the last 2 minutes I counted at least 5 occassions where Germans were fouling on purpose.

Also celebrating each bucket like it was a World Cup final was just..

Either way, is it safe to say have a nice early round exit? No it's not, but considering your attidute ever since yesterday it wouldn't bother me watching Germany going out.
                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• it was a great performance by Vasilakopoulos yesterday.that has to be said.Old man still has the moves

Comment

• You always bash Euroleague and the Greek NT but every time, all of a sudden you end up watching every single game, McRae.
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• ooh you got me..now i'm embarrased..

Comment

• Pushing? Hitting? What do u mean with pushing and hitting? It sounds brutal to me. Thats your point of view, I have another. Charalampopoulos got the ball in the post, whole bench starts to complain even before he got the ball and after throwing his neck perfectly up in the air, he got the call. No two hands, nothing. This works out three times. There were a lot of that kind of calls on your side. Watch your last possession before halftime and then you should be able to build your opinion about the "impartial refs", which were completely overwhelmed to referee a game of the home team in front of that - I have to admit - amazing crowd.

I am sorry, but the FTs argument is soo retarded generally spoken: Though it´s funny, because you got even more FTs in the last 3 minutes as we got. There was one hard foul at the end of the game, that´s it. Rest of the Us were unlucky (Kiel) or IMO completely wrong calls.

We were celebrating buckets. U were celebrating flopping.

"Your attitude?" - I was just promoting my opinion. Maybe in a harsh way, but it is still not more than a legit opinion. That´s the difference - I am able to tolerate another point of view, you are not. At least I am by far not the only one which was kinda "shocked" by this performance of the referees and this is not only based on German basketball fans.

I let it go for now and take care of the next game(s) of our team.

Comment

• We are not playing as a team at all and the team cohesion is too unimpressive. It is obvious there are problems related with coaching staff as well which surprising from my point of view, as our coach is a good and proven one at senior level and already has a good background over developing and managing the youngsters. However, it is okay. These guys are not machine, let this tournament passing without a medal this time. We all agree on the inferiority of coaching aspect in our team ultimately which doesn't take anything from the potential of players. We may lose the tomorrow's game to Germany, the team doesn't sell hope yeah, but just please don't make a mountain out of molehill when it comes to criticizing players. It is 100% the fault of staff who couldn't have analyzed and shaped a system according to the skill-sets of players. We are playing the games without a proper plan. All we have is momentary player initiative.

Normally, the federation assigns a coach, who is starting to get to know the players since the age of 14 and have been working on the same generation for at least 6 years, to every generation. Since the '97 generation coach Mustafa Derin and the staff that know the players very well left the team and then joined Iraq senior NT, Ernak was put into coach position in an instant. No matter what, such a disappointing coaching job so far, it is our right to expect more from this team.
                          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• I agree that Turkish team is not showing too much chemistry right now. But the bad playing have to be share betweein coach and players. last game, for example, Yurtseven received the firsts 4-5 balls in the post low, and he was not able to get anything positive, not a single point, not an assist, etc...

So, yes, there can be a coaching trouble but some of the tope players not at his top level till now. Moreside, and i´m going repetitive in this, turkish style with lots of penetration but lack of IQ or situation reading is more deeper in this team´s guard...

Comment

• Germany is currently pulling of a CSKA

Kramer is hot!
                              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                                Germany is currently pulling of a CSKA
                                yeah, but then a Diamantidis. 3+1.

This Turkish team is completely out of sync. unfortunately beaten in effort category as well. Great display by Germans there, as expected.

Hope we stay in DivA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information