Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 U20 European Championship

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    A prep tournement (Turgut Atakol) will start today in İstanbul. Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro,Lithuania and Latvia are attending. All games will be streemed online via youtube. You can find the links on TBF twitter account or youtube account I guess.
    Thanks for the info, I found everything. Tell me one thing though. The times for the games are in Turkish Time Zone? Or Central European Time?

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Thanks for the info, I found everything. Tell me one thing though. The times for the games are in Turkish Time Zone? Or Central European Time?
    Games start at 14.00 16.30 and 19.00 according to Turkish time

Korkmaz has opted to drop out of NT squad. Apposite decision. He is going to play Summer League.

Guys, what about Rapolas Ivanauskas? Whether this player eventually in the final Lithuanian U 20 roster? In the preliminary short list we could see him. http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2017/Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by vaslover View Post
    Guys, what about Rapolas Ivanauskas? Whether this player eventually in the final Lithuanian U 20 roster? In the preliminary short list we could see him. http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2017/Lithuania
    In the federation site Ivanauskas is not in the roster
    http://www.musukrepsinis.lt/rinktine...-u20-rinktine/

Quote Originally Posted by remigijus View Post
    In the federation site Ivanauskas is not in the roster
    http://www.musukrepsinis.lt/rinktine...-u20-rinktine/
    I would advise faster as soon as possible to give him a chance to play for youth lithuanian NT's. Because i won,t be surprised if one day USA basketball Federation will invite him in USA roster,which for example will prepare for World University Games.....
    Last edited by vaslover; 07-06-2017 at 01:56 PM.

I don't see him. He's every summer in the list, but he never came.

Watching the Lith - Serbia game. It's a night and day in terms of coaching. Lithuania is a team, we are a bunch of dudes playing streetball. It's been like that since the beginning of the tournament. We have more prospects than them on this roster for sure, but we are playing like shit. On the other hand, all kudos to Lithuania coach on forcing a system with pace, good spacing and making individual players strengths shine.

If we keep this under 10 points with this kind of effort and awful coaching/atmosphere I would be happy.

Watching the Lith - Serbia game. It's a night and day in terms of coaching. Lithuania is a team, we are a bunch of dudes playing streetball. It's been like that since the beginning of the tournament. We have more prospects than them on this roster for sure, but we are playing like shit. On the other hand, all kudos to Lithuania coach on forcing a system with pace, good spacing and making individual players strengths shine.

If we keep this under 10 points with this kind of effort and awful coaching/atmosphere I would be happy.
    I will watch the game later i think, but want to say that we have a strong starting five which i guess is better than Serbian one (who are the best players and where did they play last season?) but a weak bench that should be worse than Serbian.

As for our coach, it should have been experienced Butautas, but he became Lebanon NT coach so it's a young man instead of him who won the second Lithuanian league last season and is coaching only 3 years in basketball. Used to be some dancing show and musician group member earlier if i'm not mistaken. Maybe some Lithuanian knows better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    I will watch the game later i think, but want to say that we have a strong starting five which i guess is better than Serbian one (who are the best players and where did they play last season?) but a weak bench that should be worse than Serbian.

As for our coach, it should have been experienced Butautas, but he became Lebanon NT coach so it's a young man instead of him who won the second Lithuanian league last season and is coaching only 3 years in basketball. Used to be some dancing show and musician group member earlier if i'm not mistaken. Maybe some Lithuanian knows better.
    We have a relatively stacked team in terms of pure talent BUT they are not playing well together and Djokic is not doing a good job. Aleksa Radanov is missing from the squad for personal reasons. He is another top prospect from this roster

Guards

Stefan Peno - Barcelona *
    Vanja Marinkovic - Partizan *
    Nemanja Kapetanovic - Mega Leks
    Slobodan Jovanovic - Partizan
    Novak Music - Smederevo 1953

Forwards

Borisa Simanic - Crvena Zvezda *
    Aleksa Stepanovic - Spars Sarajevo *
    Nikola Tanaskovic - Partizan *
    Milos Glisic - KK Vrsac
    Luka Vasic - (I have no idea where is he playing)

Centers

Nikola Rakocevic - NCAA USC (he is a bit of mix of PF/C) *
    Stefan Djordjevic - Crvena Zvezda

So that's the squad. The guys I have marked with the * are legit prospects that are expected to be excellent seniors. It's a mix of 19 and 20 year olds so some of them will be eligible next year as well for U20. Again the team is playing like shit and with bad effort. I am especially pissed at the way Simanic is playing, and his defensive effort especially.

Lithuania looks like a team, we look like a bunch of morons...

Awful shot selection. Lithuania is giving us an offensive clinic. Our defence collapsed after one/two passes and a drive (or the contrary), allowing easy shots or free passages to the basket to Lithuanians.

I am not very keen on our back point guards Cirkovic and Music. In my eyes, Sava Dukic is a far better floor general. In the best of all possible worlds, Peno and Radanov would have done the job.

We lost by 13, as expected with this kind of effort and coaching. The team is soft inside, we knew that even before the tournament but this kind of effort and play is a disgrace if we look at their talent level.

I really liked the game from Arnas Berucka from the Lith side. I have watched most of the other prospects before from them, but Berucka I didn't notice as much. Today he had a great game.

Rapolas Ivanauskas ('98) sat out the 2016-17 season with a shoulder injury. Given his age, he is still eligible to play next summer. By the way, he used to play in the same high school league than Nick Rakocevic back in the days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post

Yeah, he was part of boyband called "N.E.O", took part in some TV shows. Regarding coaching, he is doin' this much longer actually. Last 3 years he was working in NKL, but before that for a few years he was coaching youth team in Vladivostok ("Spartak-Primorje), before Russia he was working in the same RKL/NKL with Birstonas, with some other lower leagues clubs, also was coaching kids. He also was playin' in RKL/NKL on his own for some time. Personally, even tho I was younger, I used to play with/against him a lot in school years, then in Kaunas city leagues, where he also took part. He was kinda Tony Parker of this level Very fast, deadly on penetrations, and also was very smart player, so no wonder he is doin' good as a coach too

We have a relatively stacked team in terms of pure talent BUT they are not playing well together and Djokic is not doing a good job. Aleksa Radanov is missing from the squad for personal reasons. He is another top prospect from this roster

Guards

Stefan Peno - Barcelona *
    Vanja Marinkovic - Partizan *
    Nemanja Kapetanovic - Mega Leks
    Slobodan Jovanovic - Partizan
    Novak Music - Smederevo 1953

Forwards

Borisa Simanic - Crvena Zvezda *
    Aleksa Stepanovic - Spars Sarajevo *
    Nikola Tanaskovic - Partizan *
    Milos Glisic - KK Vrsac
    Luka Vasic - (I have no idea where is he playing)

Centers

Nikola Rakocevic - NCAA USC (he is a bit of mix of PF/C) *
    Stefan Djordjevic - Crvena Zvezda

So that's the squad. The guys I have marked with the * are legit prospects that are expected to be excellent seniors. It's a mix of 19 and 20 year olds so some of them will be eligible next year as well for U20. Again the team is playing like shit and with bad effort. I am especially pissed at the way Simanic is playing, and his defensive effort especially.

Lithuania looks like a team, we look like a bunch of morons...
    From all those i do know Peno, Simanic and Glisic who was good maybe 3-4 years ago. You're definitely missing some names like Stojanovic, but if the Lithuanian team would have 19 y.o. guys it would be a hell of a team. Put an eye on U19 WC that is being held in Cairo now.
    Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 07-06-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Yeah, he was part of boyband called "N.E.O", took part in some TV shows. Regarding coaching, he is doin' this much longer actually. Last 3 years he was working in NKL, but before that for a few years he was coaching youth team in Vladivostok ("Spartak-Primorje), before Russia he was working in the same RKL/NKL with Birstonas, with some other lower leagues clubs, also was coaching kids. He also was playin' in RKL/NKL on his own for some time. Personally, even tho I was younger, I used to play with/against him a lot in school years, then in Kaunas city leagues, where he also took part. He was kinda Tony Parker of this level Very fast, deadly on penetrations, and also was very smart player, so no wonder he is doin' good as a coach too
    That's interesting. I think we're not lacking promising coaches nowadays.

Despite playing like shit and poor coaching Serbia won the prep tournament in Turkey, before U20 Eurobasket starts. I saw two unexpected losses from Lith which I though would blast through this tournament after the Serbia game.

We have a talented team, that unfortunately doesn't play well together and is very reliant on the individual talent. I don't have very high expectations as it stands now. We will know in 5 days once the EB starts. These are the groups:

2017-07-10 11_10_13-FIBA U20 European Championship Division A 2017 - FIBA.basketball.jpg

Looks like we have a challenge already in the Group Stage...

Kostas Antetokounmpo will miss the tournament due to an injury he picked up yesterday in a friendly game against Italy.

Also Charalampopoulos recovered from his injury and will join the team, same for Lountzis. Their status is questionable since basically they have missed the biggest part of the preparation and have played and have played only a few minutes in total out of the 6-7 friendly games so far.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Three U19 WC silver medalists, Andrea Mezzanotte, David Okeke and Tommaso Oxilia have joined Italian team that is playing at Crete tournament. Italy has lost to Greece 81-49 and Spain 77-59 so far. Davide Moretti is with team and has scored 19 and 12 points. Final roster will probably announced after the tournament.

Greece beat Spain 79-74 in the final game and won the Crete tournament. Charalampopoulos and Lountzis didn't play in the game.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast