No announcement yet.

2017 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turgut Atakol Tournament will be held in Istanbul between 4th and 8th of July. Montenegro, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia and Serbia will participate in the tournament apart from Turkey. I will follow few games in hall if I can find enough time. The tournament used to be a good reference before the main tournament.

Turkey had 4 preparation games so far, it is impossible to deduce a point out of what we have seen, since the coach used freak rotation in these games, it seems as though the roles of players are indefinite. The team needs to gear up in time; except the leadership in team which is assigned to Korkmaz, no other players have an idea what they are doing. Well, it is understandable at many points but mainly can be said that the coach is carrying out a lot of experimental approach within the team to come up to the optimal level of this team. It is safe to say whomever will be dropped out of final roster will leave the camp not because of he is not enough good for this level, but because there is a high competition at his position. Everything will be way clearer when the incoming preparation tournament ends. Hopefully, we will manage to represent the high potential, have been marked at our team, on court.
    Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
    Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Friendly game :

Serbia - Belgium 99:65 (22:19, 25:13, 24:14, 28:19)

Serbia : Peno 11, Cirkovic 10, Kapetanovic 4, Jovanovic 8, Tanaskovic 8, Djordjević 9, Simanic 16, Kenic 5, Spasojevic 4, Stepanovic 8, Music 9, Vasic 7, Marinkovic DNP, Glisic DNP & Sljivancanin DNP.

Belgium: Snijers 4, Buysse 15, Van Den Langenberg 0, Casero Ortis 18, Beaujean 4, Goffin 2, Mortant 6, Vanden Berghe 5, Lambrecht 8, Bronchart 4 & Kuijt DNP.

Current serbian 15-man roster :

Stefan Djordjevic (Crvena zvezda)
      Borisa Simanic (Crvena zvezda)
      Milos Glisic (Vrsac)
      Dimitrije Spasojevic (Vrsac)
      Slobodan Jovanovic (Partizan)
      Vanja Marinkovic (Partizan)
      Nikola Tanaskovic (Partizan)
      Stefan Kenic (Smederevo 1953)
      Novak Music (Smederevo 1953)
      Stefan Peno (FC Barcelona, Spain)
      Aleksa Stepanovic (Spars Sarajevo, Bosnia)
      Djordjije Sljivancanin (UNLV, NCAA)
      Luka Vasic (Avon Old Farms, HS)
      Nikola Cirkovic (Dinamik)
      Nemanja Kapetanovic (Mega)*

* got a late call to replace Crvena Zvezda's 6'8" G/F Aleksa Radanov who skipped his national team duty for ''personal reasons''.

Originally invited to U20 training camp, East Tennessee State recruit 6'10" PF/C Mladen Armus and Hofstra bound 6'6" SG/SF Matija Radovic declined the invitation to focus on their college admission tests, while Purdue's 6'5" incoming freshman SG Sasha Stefanovic has to play for his college at the World University Games (which, according Basketball Federation of Serbian officials, shouldn't affect his eligibilty to later play for Serbia). Lastly, Carnegie Schools- Riverside's intriguing 7-footer Luka Filipovic, one of top unsigned prospect in California, is sidelined by an injury.
      Last edited by serbianhoops; 06-29-2017, 10:43 PM.

Comment

It's a bummer that Filipovic is injured, we will be undersized again at front.
        UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

We won't be undersized.

Comment

Friendly game

SERBIA 106 - BELGIUM 73 (24:15, 28:16, 24:22, 30:20)

Serbia : Peno 20, Cirkovic 4, Kapetanovic 4, Glisic 17, Jovanovic 8, Marinkovic 22, Stepanovic 5, Sljivancanin 2, Kenic 0, Djordjevic 11 (10 reb), Vasic 1, Tanaskovic 12.
            DNP : Simanic, Music & Spasojevic

Belgium : Casero Ortis 28 & Snijers 16
            DNP : Buysse (injured)

Last edited by serbianhoops; 07-01-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

korkmaz joining 76ers. i do not know if they are going to allow him play this kind of tournament...

Comment

Nick Rakocevic has just joined our U20 national team in Subotica and is delighted to share his new jersey.

FB_IMG_1498924475573.jpg

Comment

Serbian 13-player roster for the Turgut Arakol Tournament in Instanbul.

Stefan Djordjevic (Crvena zvezda)
                  Borisa Simanic (Crvena zvezda)
                  Milos Glisic (Vrsac)
                  Slobodan Jovanovic (Partizan)
                  Vanja Marinkovic (Partizan)
                  Nikola Tanaskovic (Partizan)
                  Stefan Kenic (Smederevo 1953)
                  Novak Music (Mega)
                  Nemanja Kapetanovic (Mega)
                  Stefan Peno (FC Barcelona, Spain)
                  Aleksa Stepanovic (Spars Sarajevo)
                  Luka Vasic (Avon Old Farms, HS)
                  Nikola 'Nick' Rakocevic (USC, NCAA).

Comment

I hope Stepanovic survives last cut, beside Simanovic probably the best prospect on this team.
                    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

A prep tournement (Turgut Atakol) will start today in İstanbul. Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro,Lithuania and Latvia are attending. All games will be streemed online via youtube. You can find the links on TBF twitter account or youtube account I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                        A prep tournement (Turgut Atakol) will start today in İstanbul. Turkey, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro,Lithuania and Latvia are attending. All games will be streemed online via youtube. You can find the links on TBF twitter account or youtube account I guess.
                        Thanks for the info, I found everything. Tell me one thing though. The times for the games are in Turkish Time Zone? Or Central European Time?

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                          Thanks for the info, I found everything. Tell me one thing though. The times for the games are in Turkish Time Zone? Or Central European Time?
                          Games start at 14.00 16.30 and 19.00 according to Turkish time

Comment

Korkmaz has opted to drop out of NT squad. Apposite decision. He is going to play Summer League.
                            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Guys, what about Rapolas Ivanauskas? Whether this player eventually in the final Lithuanian U 20 roster? In the preliminary short list we could see him. http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2017/Lithuania

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                                Guys, what about Rapolas Ivanauskas? Whether this player eventually in the final Lithuanian U 20 roster? In the preliminary short list we could see him. http://www.fiba.com/europe/u20/2017/Lithuania
                                In the federation site Ivanauskas is not in the roster
                                Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information