No announcement yet.

2017 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouratos is very quick but shoots worse than Calathes. Like everyone else on this team, I hope he gets playing time in some minor A1 team this year. It did wonders for Koniaris.

Comment

• Seriously some Kiltinavicius decisions in this tournament were just plain stupid !

First in the game against Israel having leader Varnas on the bench in the 4 quarter big moments, and now taking in the final minute Birutis of and putting Dieninis in i guess for a more mobile defence, '' dont fix it if it ain't broke '' because of not being Birutis there who finished with 12 rebs and 17pts Greece took two f#cinkg offencive rebounds which ended up with a backstab a 3 f#cinkg pointer

Both Youth teams of U19 and U20 were good but the coaches were less than amateur.
      Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
      FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
      FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
        Mouratos is very quick but shoots worse than Calathes. Like everyone else on this team, I hope he gets playing time in some minor A1 team this year. It did wonders for Koniaris.
        Soulis did a great job with Koniaris in Paok, but now they appointed Papatheodorou If he had stayed in Paok, Charalampopoulos could explode as well. They never got any real chance in Pao, like it's the case with Bochoridis.
        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          I liked how Kulboka played, that's the way you should play as a standout (didn't work that well every time for him though). So it's a difficult question, you don't want chucking prima donnas in your sernior NT as well.
          Kulbolka was a credit at the World U19 championships, but only to Lithuania's playoff opponents. To his own team he was a complete arsonist and the team would have done better had he missed the plane to Cairo.

Comment

• Originally posted by salda View Post
            Any information about Borisa Simanic? There is just a short note that he didn't play due to some injury. But no suggestion on whether he will play in the quarterfinals or later on in the tournament.
            Simanic played and it didn't help Serbia one bit. Big time win for France.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modis View Post
              Seriously some Kiltinavicius decisions in this tournament were just plain stupid !

First in the game against Israel having leader Varnas on the bench in the 4 quarter big moments, and now taking in the final minute Birutis of and putting Dieninis in i guess for a more mobile defence, '' dont fix it if it ain't broke '' because of not being Birutis there who finished with 12 rebs and 17pts Greece took two f#cinkg offencive rebounds which ended up with a backstab a 3 f#cinkg pointer

Both Youth teams of U19 and U20 were good but the coaches were less than amateur.
              Charalampopoulos had 7 or 9 straight on Birutis. He couldn't guard him away from the basket.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
                In Spain, and mainly the Real Madrid fans, had the idea that Yusta was a brick shootter, but he is shooting really well from 3pt! Also he is scoring with his others weapons, penetrations (he has very strong legs) and running the court. Also he good on defense and goes to the rebound good, too. If he continue working, he can be a very useful player for Real Madrid, and for our senior NT.
                Yusta is generaly underated. Sometimes people tend to make mistake, misjudging a great 3point shooter for a great talent, while in fact shooting isn't all you need at higher levels and Yusta wasn't shineing with his shooting abilities 2-3 years ago when I've seen him. He has a really nice upside in my opinion, was the best player in junior Real team along with Dončič in the recent period. Dončič got the hype due to age, Dos Anjos due to his height, Radončić due to potential and I rarely saw Yusta getting the same kind of attention, which is a shame.

CoachZ, as far as Šiško, rumours are he is a headcase. At least that's why Olimpija supposedly ignored him for the next season. His dad was also a top-notch talent in ex-Yu but than just stopped playing at one point.
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• We were very close to win, but didn't survive in this drama. Our main pg failed in the tournament. I'm satisfied with the bigs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                    Charalampopoulos had 7 or 9 straight on Birutis. He couldn't guard him away from the basket.
                    There wasn't anything wrong with Birutis defence against Charalampopoulos on the 3 point line Charalampopoulos was simply raw.
                    Last edited by Modis; 07-20-2017, 11:43 PM.
                    Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                    FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

• To me it's complete mysticism why our most creative player played of the ball entire tourament... Magnificent coaching...Even such robot shooters as Berucka was messing around all night long...
                      Last edited by Straight forward; 07-21-2017, 12:50 AM.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Israel beat France by 20 + with David Blatt's son making montrous 14 asists.

Comment

• Originally posted by gockun View Post
                          Israel beat France by 20 + with David Blatt's son making montrous 14 asists.
                          they blew them out in every part of the game, great job. Last year they had done the same, +20pts, strange.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            they blew them out in every part of the game, great job. Last year they had done the same, +20pts, strange.
                            Credit to the one and only ODED KATASH, great coach.

The offence looks amazing, endless pick'n'rolls + weak side cutting.

A lot of transition game points.

Thats how modern basketball looks like

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                              What happened between Korkmaz and Yurtseven in today's game? Thay had an argument in last quarter

Comment

• Another year, another gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information