No announcement yet.

2017 U20 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well congratulations Greece for winning gold. There's quite a few talents in the '96,'97 generation. Perhaps even more than the '90 generation. I think Charalampopoulos, Papagiannis, Mitoglou, Dorsey, Kostas Antetokoumpo, and Koniaris look like good prospects. And there is also a good generation in between which produced Giannis Antetokoumpo and Papapetrou. So the '94 generation serves as a nice bridge. So I take it that Greece will be formidable starring the WC in 2019.

Also a nice performance by Israel who had to play an away game.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Few years ago I said 97. born Croatian generation is most talented ever in our history. Funny this kids didn't even win B division. If we don't count what they won with 96. born kids they are one of worst teams we ever had. But 3 guys Bender, Zubac and Žižić are already in NBA, and there are some others like Slavica, Mazalin, Bađim etc . who can make good pro career. ..
      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by roloj View Post
        What happened between Korkmaz and Yurtseven in today's game? Thay had an argument in last quarter
        I could not watch it man, sorry. But Korkmaz played like an asshole the whole tournament, 1 vs 5, so maybe Yurtseven was fed up with him. But I don't know the specifics of that instance.

anyway, I like Korkmaz very much, but he was not a team player this year.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious View Post
          Well congratulations Greece for winning gold. There's quite a few talents in the '96,'97 generation. Perhaps even more than the '90 generation. I think Charalampopoulos, Papagiannis, Mitoglou, Dorsey, Kostas Antetokoumpo, and Koniaris look like good prospects. And there is also a good generation in between which produced Giannis Antetokoumpo and Papapetrou. So the '94 generation serves as a nice bridge. So I take it that Greece will be formidable starring the WC in 2019.

Also a nice performance by Israel who had to play an away game.
          I could not watch final, but in the two previous games I did, Greece played with amazing intensity. Something we have not seen in years even on senior NT. Congrats for the gold.

and Charalampopoulos again showed, like in every youth tournaments before, that he's a very solid prospect. Strangely though, I've seen him playing center a few times, and he was very effective. This is something that won't work at senior level, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
            Few years ago I said 97. born Croatian generation is most talented ever in our history. Funny this kids didn't even win B division. If we don't count what they won with 96. born kids they are one of worst teams we ever had. But 3 guys Bender, Zubac and Žižić are already in NBA, and there are some others like Slavica, Mazalin, Bađim etc . who can make good pro career. ..
            I checked your roster, and I'm sure you did not base that judgment on this roster . anyway, Romania beating you does not show their future is brighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
              Our Man Jordan Davis with 34 points (14/26 FG), but Azerbaijan could not hold on to a fourth-quarter lead and lost 86-78 to Slovak Republic.

There is a thought experiment here--how good of a player would Azerbaijan need to win a game in Division B? Could LeBron James or Kevin Durant lead them to promotion?
              Answer found: they needed to play against Malta!

in 6 games, Davis averaged 38.5mpg(!), 26.8ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1 apg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                I could not watch it man, sorry. But Korkmaz played like an asshole the whole tournament, 1 vs 5, so maybe Yurtseven was fed up with him. But I don't know the specifics of that instance.

anyway, I like Korkmaz very much, but he was not a team player this year.
                Maybe Korkmaz didn't like the fact that he was 'forced' to play in this tournament after signing with the Sixers. Thankfully we didn't push Papagiannis to play there too.
                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                  Few years ago I said 97. born Croatian generation is most talented ever in our history. Funny this kids didn't even win B division. If we don't count what they won with 96. born kids they are one of worst teams we ever had. But 3 guys Bender, Zubac and Žižić are already in NBA, and there are some others like Slavica, Mazalin, Bađim etc . who can make good pro career. ..
                  Hehe, I have the same problem. 97' was one of the more talented generations for Slovenia in years. Čančar and Mesiček missing, while Šiško underperformed and here we go, back to div B
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• He was no forced

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information