No announcement yet.

2017 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croatia is playing again with just 6 players today...

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
      official website
      11-19 August 2017
      Podgorica, Montenegro

Let's see if the Basketball Federation of Serbia will find a way to bring together Mario Nakic (Real Madrid, Spain), Lazar Zivanovic (Real Madrid, Spain) Aleksej Pokusevski (Olympiacos Piraeus, Greece), Deny Avdija (Maccabi Tel-Aviv, Israel), Luka Sakota (Kings Christian Collegiate, Canada) and David Petrusev (Prolific Prep North, Canada), Nemanja Misljenovic (Mens Sana Siena, Italy), Marko Dosen (Mens Sana Siena, Italy), Djordje Pazin (Stella Azzurra Roma) and the best prospects playing for local teams such as Dusan Tanaskovic (Partizan Belgrade), Luka Novakovic (Partizan Belgrade), Lazar Vasic (Crvena Zvezda Belgrade) and Aleksandar Langovic (Banjica Mega).
      Why MARIO NAKIC did not participate at this European Under 16 Championship?
      Is he sure of Serbian citizenship or could he play for croatia (I read that he has dual citizenship)?
      I hope that HE will attend at the 2018 Under 17 World Cup if Serbia were to qualify ...

Among other names mentioned above, I believe:
      - Deny Avdija is playing for ISRAEL;
      - Luka Sakota will play for CANADA;

Considering that even the 2002 class in serbia is not bad, do you know some other player 2001 that could possibly play for the next Under 17 World Championship?

Comment

So Croatia, depsite his 0-3 in group phase is fihgitng for medals and with a guranteed spot in World Championship

Comment

Originally posted by JABroy View Post
          Is he sure of Serbian citizenship or could he play for croatia (I read that he has dual citizenship)?
          I hope that HE will attend at the 2018 Under 17 World Cup if Serbia were to qualify ...

Considering that even the 2002 class in serbia is not bad, do you know some other player 2001 that could possibly play for the next Under 17 World Championship?
          I think he will play next year for Serbia, Balsa Koprivica also didn't play twice, he was invited to NT camp, the first time two years ago . Mario was present in the Arena when our senior NT played Montenegro last Sunday, he was born in Belgrade , he played basketball there until he was 13, there is no reason for him to not participate next year , with him Pokusevski, Misljenovic and some other missing players, this team could be even better next year. In general generation 2000/2001 is very deep for Serbia, we should be one of the main contenders at U18 tournament next year, which is also qualifying for the U19 World Championship.
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JABroy View Post

He is son of Ivan Nakić former Croatian basketball. His mother is Serbian. As far as I know he feels Serbian more than Croatian and will play for them. He probably uses Croatian passport as Croatia is member of EU.
            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by roloj View Post
              So Croatia, depsite his 0-3 in group phase is fihgitng for medals and with a guranteed spot in World Championship

And after losing its three group games by a combined total of 74 points!

Comment

While Slovenia won their group, they are not impressive team and Latvia blown a big lead, they are average team as well, so Croats were very lucky.

Comment

Playing against French U-16 teams are always extra hard. Their physical advantages are making a world of difference at this level. They nicely shut down our passing channels and put our offensive schemes out of action. We still had a chance to tie the game at the end, but very lame shot selection from Küçük and France got the game. You either just have to push the tempo or slow down the tempo against them. When you play something a blend of these two, they throw you out of the game. Anyway, hopefully we will get the 5th spot to get WC ticket. Kinda quiet summer for Turkish youth basketball. We remain medal-less.
                  Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                  Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Coach was our biggest enemy today. Our best players outise Kuçuk (even he was not super today) and Çete, and they play together few minutes, not changing defense in end of 1st quarter and 2nd quarter when France was outpassing us, he recieved a technical foul, he did not call a time out when France was gettin huge difference in second quarter,... Come on man! are you with or against us??

Anyway, as is assumed we played high tempo as we always did so I have no regret on that. Unfortunately, 3 point is still a mistery for all Turkisn NTs, and is very difficult to win a physychal team like france who collapse zone to pivots if you can not open the court with 3s...

i hope we can get 5 place but it´s going to be really hard...

Comment

Its going to be very competitive fight for that fifth place, Spain, Lithuania and Turkey , one of those team are going to make it to Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                        While Slovenia won their group, they are not impressive team and Latvia blown a big lead, they are average team as well, so Croats were very lucky.
                        Radovič, Duščak, Samar, Glas... majority of NT's might even be envious about such backcourt potential as those 4 present. But as ussual, without any notable inside presence you can't expect much at this level.
                        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by roloj View Post
                          Coach was our biggest enemy today
                          Nothing more to say about Turkey..

Comment

Latvia blown big lead again, same like in quarterfinal game.

Comment

Turkey and Lithuania to play for the spot in World Chapionship tomorrow.

Now time to semifinals!!

Comment

Just rip up the coaching licence of this so-called coach. He is 100% malevolent towards some players. It is inexplicable why Küçük played only 12 minutes in this game. Moreover, Küçük was the main actor of comeback and made 13 points, 3 assists and 4 rebounds in limited playing time. I really can't understand this kind of douchiness. We won despite our own coach. If he uses this retarded rotation tomorrow against Lithuania, we are going to present last WC ticket to Liths. I even don't mention his irritating attitudes on bench. You are almost 40 years old dude, watch your acts a little bit.
                                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information