No announcement yet.

Your favorite type of player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough question.I don't have just one favorite type of player.I believe all kinds of players r required 4 a successful team so I like many different player styles.
    Among point guards I like tall creative guards who can run the fast break and turn games around like my all-time favorite Magic Johnson was.From today's players I could mention Papaloukas and Diamantidis as players of this style(no match of this style in the current NBA).If we replace height with a killing outside shooting we have Jasikevicius(another favorite).
    Among shooting guards and small forwards I prefer players who have 1000+1 ways of scoring and leading their team 2 victory.We all know what was the best specimen of this style(although I never was a fan of MJ's Bulls).From Europe players like this were Galis, Petrovic(I disliked his attitude but he was unique), San Epifanio, Marciulionis and Antonello Riva.The closest thing 2 this in the recent days was Dwayne Wade in last years playoffs, Allen Iverson in his good days and from Europe the late Alphonso Ford, Juan Carlos Navarro and Arvydas Macijauskas.
    Among forwards I like all-around players who can do everything well. shoot, rebound, pass, dribble, post up, defend...just like Toni Kukoc.In Greece Christodoulou was the perfect example 4 this.Right now I can think of Nowitzki being close 2 that(I'm not sure about his defence but he is so good at the rest).
    Finally, among centers I prefer dominant big men who control the paint and influence the game just with their presence.And what would b more suitable example than Shaquille O' Neal?I also admired Hakeem a lot because he dominated the game with his excellent technique.From Europe the ones that influenced the game so much were Sabonis, Vrankovic and Fassoulas(same style like Olajuwon was Dino Radja).And since I like Shaq, how could I not like Baby Shaq(or Big Sofo)?
    I know my post is full of greek names but they r the ones who made me love this game.
    Your time is up my time is now,
    you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

ive never been a good offensive player, and i am undersized fro the game, so perhaps the players capabilities that i admire are the ones who are undersized and good defenders.
      to name a few

rodman
      b bowen
      barkley

i also like the dominant brute froce style players. dont have to look rpetty and i prefer the rough and tough form, so charles oakley of the knicks comes into mind

surprisingly, as much as I like yao. i prefer the true center type where its give the big man the ball and let him pound it in. i guess he is somewhat getting into this role, at times.

oh the high knee usage of karl malone i love by the way eprfect way to clear defenders think they can take the charge
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I'd say that I especially like unselfish point guards that control the game, make team-mates and fans happy. If they can also play uptempo and slash to the basket that's even better. Magic Johnson is one of my favorites -an out-of-this-world point guard with winner's mentality, Oscar Robertson must have been sensational to watch back in the 60s -the guy evan averaged a triple double in one seaon - and then come Steve Nash and Jason Kidd to my mind, they are great point guards (though I dislike Kidd's personality issues). I also like the way Papaloukas plays although he can't be compared to the previous guys in terms of talent, experience and consistency.

Other than that I especially like players that have natural talent for this game like Julius Erving, MJ, Toni Kukoc, Ray Allen, and several others that combine athletic abilities with imagination on court.

Comment

my fav. player

michael jordan

Comment

Fav Player

My fav is obviously M.Jeff Jordan. He had it all the skills,defense,passing,rebounding,shooting,leaders hip and the best work ethic on his team.

My favorite type of player is one who plays defense and can pass the ball and works hard. A player who can win a game withought scoring a point. A player like J.Kidd (minus the bad attitued), Dennis Rodman, Nate Mcmillian, AK-47, Ben Wallace, Arvydas Sabonis etc. I like players like Andreas Nocioni, Bruce Bowen, Toni Kukoc, Scottie Pippen etc.

I also like pure shooters like Drazen Petrovic, Ben Gordon, Dirk Nowitzki and Peja (before he was hurt all the time).

Comment

Michael Jordan - the most complete all-around player in history!!!

sigpic

Comment

Allen Iverson, Magic Johnson, Dr.J

Comment

I like players that are multicategory and fill up the stat sheet like Andrei Kirilenko, Josh Smith, Gerald Wallace and Andre Iguodala. I also like sweetshooting players like Ray Allen and Michael Redd.
                  "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

Comment

fast and skilful

Comment

Zoran Savic or Larry Johnson

Savic, back in the days when he played basketball, had the biggest balls, huge heart and was a hard worker on the court, always playing for a team.
                      EuroBasket: Zoran Savic
                      Wikipédia: Zoran Savic

And1 Rising Stars
                      Dejan Bodiroga Basketball Camp

Comment

I like all-around small but witty guards like Fat Lever and Sleepy Floyd. Sweeting shooting guards like, Steve Kerr and Jim Paxon.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information