• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dwight is like a 6'5 Cariaso.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by live_evil View Post
      Dwight is like a 6'5 Cariaso.
      But Cariaso never had 3-pt shooting in his arsenal.

Actually one aspect of game I like about Dwight Ramos is he being a threat from 3pt range - something Gabe Norwood wasn't known for & Rayray Parks struggled with some years ago
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        But Cariaso never had 3-pt shooting in his arsenal.

Actually one aspect of game I like about Dwight Ramos is he being a threat from 3pt range - something Gabe Norwood wasn't known for & Rayray Parks struggled with some years ago
        Agree. Cariaso also relied a lot on his speed when attacking, dwight relies more on his balance and upper body strength. They are both high iq players, lets give hin that.

Comment

Originally posted by lurklurk View Post
          My 2 cents bro: i think they have some overlaps but they are more complementary to each other than redundant. And the skills that are redundant between them (ballhandling, shooting, rebounding, perimeter defense) are skills that you want to have from multiple players.
          Having some redundancy & overlaps among role players wouldn't be much of a problem. But having several redundancy in heavy scorers might pose some problems for the team. Its like having parks, dwight and norwood to compliment Clarkson in the wings won't be a problem. But its a different story if its a prime James Yap, a prime Mark Caguioa & a prime Garry David playing alongside Clarkson
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Having some redundancy & overlaps among role players wouldn't be much of a problem. But having several redundancy in heavy scorers might pose some problems for the team. Its like having parks, dwight and norwood to compliment Clarkson in the wings won't be a problem. But its a different story if its a prime James Yap, a prime Mark Caguioa & a prime Garry David playing alongside Clarkson
            Yes bro thats why i said that ramos and parks are complementary to each other.

Comment

Totally agree with this, that's why Pippen was the best compliment to Jordan, not Drexler or Dominique Wilkins, the latter two were franchise players of their teams something Pip might not be able to do.

You can never go wrong with having multiple players who are good passers and defenders, two things both Parks and Dwight have. The reason is you do not need to share number of shots taken by being a good passer and defender, you don't need shots to be effective in those areas.
              Let's face it well both are 6 4 and athletic and strong for Philippine standards, that's such a plus if it comes with handles and shooting (both have)
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

How is dwight in ballscreens? Parks showed he is an excellent pnr ballhandler, able to attack or dish (those skip passes to the corner! damn). Is dwight similar?

Comment

How is dwight in ballscreens? Parks showed he is an excellent pnr ballhandler, able to attack or dish (those skip passes to the corner! damn). Is dwight similar?
                  That's one of the differences I see, Dwight works better of the ball on the wings, while Parks likes to handle the ball on top with ball screens

So in a sense, Parks PG, Clarkson SG and Dwight SF compliment each other with all of them actually being interchanged. Especially Parks and Clarkson on ball screens.

This may sound unorthodox, but alot of teams now screen guard on guard, Dwight would actually be a great screener, similar Dreymond Green on curry, on the roll be a facilitator going down hill. That's so effective

I think that's actually Dwight's most unique asset, he is very good playing without the ball!
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

^nice, excited to see the short roll utilized by gilas. Altho, id rather have kai facilitating on the short roll, imagine a 7 footer pirouetting down the lane, he can see all his teammates over the top of defenders’s heads.

Anyway, Dwight is really promising. Cant wait to see more in game footage.

Comment

^nice, excited to see the short roll utilized by gilas. Altho, id rather have kai facilitating on the short roll, imagine a 7 footer pirouetting down the lane, he can see all his teammates over the top of defenders’s heads.

Anyway, Dwight is really promising. Cant wait to see more in game footage.
                      kai would be perfect for that as he has good court vision.
                      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Kouame on Dwight "I'm not surprised. He practiced with us last year. That's the way he introduced himself to us. He gets offensive rebounds, he can pull up for jumpers, he can shoot from the outside. He's a really good player," he said. "He sees the floor well. He has great ball handling. He can push the ball really quickly and he can play from 1 to 2 to 3. You can see how he impacted the game. He's a great leader, too. It's a great opportunity for me to play like him."

Comment

Dwight is good enough for the US NCAA. Why play here?

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                            Kouame on Dwight "I'm not surprised. He practiced with us last year. That's the way he introduced himself to us. He gets offensive rebounds, he can pull up for jumpers, he can shoot from the outside. He's a really good player," he said. "He sees the floor well. He has great ball handling. He can push the ball really quickly and he can play from 1 to 2 to 3. You can see how he impacted the game. He's a great leader, too. It's a great opportunity for me to play like him."
                            Play like him, or play with him?

Comment

Play like him, or play with him?
                              Ange isn't actually that easy to understand when he speaks in English lol

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                                Dwight is good enough for the US NCAA. Why play here?
                                This may be one unique situation where playing in the Philippines as main guy after 2 years college in the US with little playing time wAnd coached by Tab plus getting to play FIBA may actually help Dwight improve more. .
                                His fundamentals and sound smart games has already been developed in the US, so now it's about applying it, in more in big games situation as the main guy
                                Last edited by analyzed; 11-29-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information