Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Dwight and Eli Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by alfrancis View Post
    Is he really a legit 6'5? He looks 6'3.5 - 6'4
    if dave ildefonso is 6'4 then dwight is at least 6'5"

Quote Originally Posted by alfrancis View Post
    Is he really a legit 6'5? He looks 6'3.5 - 6'4
    I say Dwight is between 6-4 to 6-5. Standing side by side with Thirdy Ravena in a picture, Dwight looked at least 2 inches taller than the 6-2 Thirdy
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

http://tbti.me/s209cj

[/i][/QUOTE]
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

If I remember correctly, one of the latest Gilas photos show Dave, Dwight, and Will having the same height. So if you're able to get an accurate height measure of one, you'll get the heights of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    [/QUOTE]

With the Danny Seigle comparison, here's my take: Seigle played as a 3 & 4 during his prime but mostly as a 3. But in modern basketball, he's more of a 4 than a 3. Dwight Ramos on the other hand, is a natural wing (2 & 3) who can also play as a point guard in some stretches. I think in terms of ball handling, passing & court vission, Ramos is better. But I think a prime Seigle is better in scoring than Ramos would ever be (just my opinion). In terms of shooting, I see Ramos as the better 3-pt shooter but I think Seigle is better at medium range. Seigle's medium range pull-up jumper was money. Nobody did it better than him during his era.

BTW, coach Tab's comment/description of Ramos is somewhat being enchoed by coach Jong Uichico when the latter said like (not the exact words), "He's not really that impressive on practice, becoz team player sya eh and doing little bit of all things".
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

One thing I like about Dwight Ramos game last windows is he is not ball dominant. And even if he was our best scorer that game, he rarely isolates.

20 pts, 7rebs, 3asts, 3stls, 7/7 FG, 2/2 3ptFG, 4/4 FT and +32 plus minus (first game)

He have 1 isolation play. 1 basket counted shot from an offensive rebound. Then 4 free throws

All his other points was all setup with few dribbles.

I think he has the POTENTIAL to be our Best Off Ball Scorer.

https://youtu.be/ajHwf3jFPA4

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    One thing I like about Dwight Ramos game last windows is he is not ball dominant. And even if he was our best scorer that game, he rarely isolates.

20 pts, 7rebs, 3asts, 3stls, 7/7 FG, 2/2 3ptFG, 4/4 FT and +32 plus minus (first game)

He have 1 isolation play. 1 basket counted shot from an offensive rebound. Then 4 free throws

All his other points was all setup with few dribbles.

I think he has the POTENTIAL to be our Best Off Ball Scorer.

https://youtu.be/ajHwf3jFPA4
    You can chalk that up to Dwight being more of a roleplayer during his US college years. If anything, the coaching staff seems to want him to MORE ball dominant.

Is it just me, i notice that Dwight is turning into our own version of Kawli Leonard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Is it just me, i notice that Dwight is turning into our own version of Kawli Leonard.
    i will say dwight is turning into a legit 2-way player for gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by deku_midoriya View Post
    Dwight can play in europe? eh sa middle east pa lng, nganga
    God. Dwight was terrible in the past 3 games. And when the chips were down, he became aggressive a little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by IPC View Post
    God. Dwight was terrible in the past 3 games. And when the chips were down, he became aggressive a little too late.
    at mintis at TO padin sa dulo

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    at mintis at TO padin sa dulo

This is what happens when they want him to be a do it all player.It would really serve the best interest of Gilas if there's a real point guard at all times,the TOs are just too much,plus the fact that he never played beyond the Asian skills,players he sat out the Euro leg.

Point guard yun Eli diba, the guy might oberachieved like dweet and be a good international player
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Point guard yun Eli diba, the guy might oberachieved like dweet and be a good international player
    yes. a more natural pg. pero shorter by at least 2 inches ke dwight. pero relatively tall nayan.

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    yes. a more natural pg. pero shorter by at least 2 inches ke dwight. pero relatively tall nayan.

At 6'2 would be good enough,Dwight just need to be more in the 2 and wing,Tab just overextends him too much at PG.

From the limited time he's had in Ateneo, he doesn't seem nearly as impressive and is still very raw. Despite the number of Ateneo players invited to the last 2 training camps, he wasn't included. But ayun, the kid is still very young, so he has a lot of time to surprise people/

Naaalala ko si Dwight Lago kay Ramos not because of obvious reasons but Dwight lago is as prolific of mid range/3 point shooter as dwight
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Naaalala ko si Dwight Lago kay Ramos not because of obvious reasons but Dwight lago is as prolific of mid range/3 point shooter as dwight
    DL was just a spot-up shooter who benefitted from d passes out of d double teams by DI and other bigs.

i think EL was d better shooter.

lol ang layo nang game nila.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    lol ang layo nang game nila.
    lol, it's his "memory" so let him be.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast