Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Bosnia & Herzegovina league and NT

I can't wait for out first game of Eurobasket 2013 qualifying to begin tomorrow in Sarajevo. I am so excited.
    [SIGPIC]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/419WJmXXpOL.jpg[/SIGPIC]

BIH 41
    LAT 38

END 2ND QTR

Still a nice lead, so even if they hit yet another three we still aren't down. That second quarter was much better than the first, I hope we can get another run going in the second half, more specifically the third quarter. Wright, Teletovic, Kikanovic, and Masic are all having nice games.

BIH 87
    LAT 84

END 4TH QTR

And the first challenge has been finished. It was very tough, but we came away with the win, thankfully.

The u18 England - Bosnia game can be followed here: http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game....D=15690&lng=en

Update: Our U18 beat the England team with the score of: 64 - 63

Absolutely unbelievable, a victory of 64 - 63, a single free throw from Nurkic won the game for us. Unbelievable.

BRAVO MOMCI, IDEMO U DIVIZIJU A

Great game from Damjanovic and Nurkic, now we are through to the finals and Division A promotion! Bravo Momci!

We won the Division B gold after a victory against Czech Republic, 76-64. Awesome job by our team, can't wait to see them perform in Division A next year.

Here are a few of the players who will now probably play for the senior team since the U18 EC Division B is over (stats at tournament in parentheses):

- Jusuf Nurkic (MVP ; All-Tournament-Team member ; 19.4 ppg/ 13.3 rpg/ 2.3 bpg)
    - Nedim Buza (15.9 ppg/ 4.9 rpg/ 1.9 spg)
    - Adin Vrabac (15.8 ppg/ 3.5 rpg/ 3.5 apg)

These three players lead the so called "Golden generation" of our basketball yuth. there are others who have some nice potential, like Damjanovic (U18 team) or Aleksandar Lazic (U16 ; 13.4 ppg and 10.5 rpg at U16 EC), who have great potential and will get their time when they get to their prime. Now, imagine this.

PG - Wright, Persic, Garic (U16)
    SG - Djedovic, Vrabac (U18), Lazic (U16)
    SF - Buza (U18), Masic
    PF - Teletovic, Kikanovic
    C - Nurkic (U18), Sinanovic

Key Bench players: Masic, Vrabac, Kikanovic, Sinanovic.

If you take that to Eurobasket 2013, we could have a chance of advancing past the first round for the second time ever. Our front court would be so tough guard, and so tough to get past. Our guards haave so much offense, and Buza at the forward spot and can create shots on his own and play some defense, picking up steals. Masic and Varbac would lead the second unit, and Lazic could help out some too. It's a great quality team. AT Eurobasket 2015, they'd be even better, considering they'd have better chemistry having had a Eurobasket played together already.

But for now, we need to at least get Nurkic and Buza on the team. Kick out Avdibegovic and Natelilic. For Eurobasket 2015, we could add Vrabac, Lazic, and Garic. With Nurkic, our defense would instantly improve. His blocking is superb. Teams would have a tough time scoring easy lay ups on us with Nurkic in their 9remember the game against Latvia? Nurkic could have helped so much there). Nurkic would also make our rebounding improve so much. Buza could provide us some rebounding like Nurkic, except Buza can also score and get you a couple steals every night. With those two youngsters alone, we could potentially be getting four plays a night that force the opposition to lose and offensive play, and we gain our own (Nurkic providing two blocks, Buza with two steals). That means an four-eight point difference in our favor, if we make those possesions useful.

Now let;s not forget our NBA player, Teletovic. He can shoot the lights out, drawing away attention from Nurkic and Buza and Djedovic. Speaking of Djedovic, he is a great two or three option for us on offense, and is very helpful on the fast break. And also Wrightic can create plays for Teletovic, Djedovic, Nurkic, and Buza. He can even pull up for a midrange jumpshot sometimes.

The potential of this team is big. And when you have a coach like Petrovic, he will take advantage of this situation, for sure.

FT - Georgia 96-95 BiH

Can't believe we only lost by one after being down as much as 20. Teletovic with 33 points, great game. he now leads all scorers in ppg, with 28. Wirght is top asisster per game with eight, while he's also fifth in rebounding with 9.3 a game.

So, for the first time ever, it seems the Bosnian Basketball League will get coverage, during the 2012-13 season. BHT1 will shows games along, which another of many improvements in our country in terms of basketball. Great news.

Some BiH future

5. Aleksej Nikolić no look pass to Adin Vrabac
    4. Mirza Bulic steal and dunk
    3.Nedim Buza pass behind the back to Stefan Glogovac
    2. Adin Vrabac dunk
    1. Nedim Buza dunk over two players
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Marko Šutalo will play for Bosnia and Herzegovina. He was born in Serbia, but his parants are from Herzegovina. Should be good backup for Djedovic
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Aco Petrović named 23 candidates

Nemanja Gordić PG Partizan
    Armin Avdibegović PG Sloboda
    Zack Wright PG Spartak
    Filip Adamović PG Igokea
    Muhamed Pašalić PG Aris
    Nemanja Mitrović SG Kavala
    Nihad Đedović SG Alba
    Marko Šutalo SG Široki
    Nedim Buza SG/SF Spars
    Adin Vrabac SG/SF Spars
    Dalibor Peršić SF Široki
    Ante Mašić SF Cedevita
    Mirza Teletović PF Brooklyn Nets
    Edin Bavčić PF KOAD
    Miralem Halilović PF Zagreb
    Emir Sulejmanović PF Olimpija
    Boris Savović PF/C Red Star
    Elmedin Kikanović C Enisey
    Ognjen Kuzmić C Juventud
    Nedžad Sinanović C Blancos
    Jusuf Nurkić C Zadar
    Alen Omić C Olimpija
    Andrija Stipanović C Vanoli
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Aco Petrović named 23 candidates

Nemanja Gordić PG Partizan
    Armin Avdibegović PG Sloboda
    Zack Wright PG Spartak
    Filip Adamović PG Igokea
    Muhamed Pašalić PG Aris
    Nemanja Mitrović SG Kavala
    Nihad Đedović SG Alba
    Marko Šutalo SG Široki
    Nedim Buza SG/SF Spars
    Adin Vrabac SG/SF Spars
    Dalibor Peršić SF Široki
    Ante Mašić SF Cedevita
    Mirza Teletović PF Brooklyn Nets
    Edin Bavčić PF KOAD
    Miralem Halilović PF Zagreb
    Emir Sulejmanović PF Olimpija
    Boris Savović PF/C Red Star
    Elmedin Kikanović C Enisey
    Ognjen Kuzmić C Juventud
    Nedžad Sinanović C Blancos
    Jusuf Nurkić C Zadar
    Alen Omić C Olimpija
    Andrija Stipanović C Vanoli
    Doubtful players

Savović---played from Montenegro, got their promision. Still unknown does he wannts to play for B&H. Also he might play for Serbia
    Sulejmanović-played for U-16 Finland so he only needs promision from FIBA, but they say FIBA is not alowing him to play for BiH despite by rules he should be able
    Kuzmić--still not known will he play for Serbia or B&H
    Stipanović---played for Croatian youth selections, needs papers from our federation and FIBA. I don't know what is stand of Croatian federation
    Omić-Played for Slovenia. Needs papers from Slovenia and FIBA
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Doubtful players

Omić-Played for Slovenia. Needs papers from Slovenia and FIBA
    Alen Omić is on both the Bosnian and the Slovenian preliminary rosters. Luckily, the two countries are unlikely to face each other. Nevertheless, it’s going to be a very busy summer for the young center.

Many thanks to pohani komarac for posting the Bosnian roster, therefore doing a better job than the Eurobasket’s official site.

Aco team that will start preps

Zack Wrigth - KK Spartak Sankt Petersburg
    Muhamed Pašalić - KK Aris Solun
    Filip Adamović - KK Igokea
    Nihad Đedović - BC Alba Berlin
    Nemanja Gordić - KK Partizan MTS
    Marko Šutalo - KK Široki WWIN
    Ante Mašić - KK Cedevita
    Dalibor Peršić - KK Široki WWIN
    Adin Vrabac - OKK Spars
    Mirza Teletović - Brookly Nets
    Edin Bavčić - BC Kaod
    Miralem Halilović - KK Zagreb
    Nedžad Sinanović - BC Blancos de Rueda Valladolid
    Elmedin Kikanović - BC Enisey
    Andrija Stipanović - BC Vanoli Cremona
    Jusuf Nurkić - KK Cedevita
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

We've had poor prep games, but I'm not worried because it was the same story before EC 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
    We've had poor prep games, but I'm not worried because it was the same story before EC 2011.
    And you got kicked out of tournament after first stage. I think you should be worried...

I would like to ask a question to who know youth basketball in Bosnian: I was impressed by the talent of the trio Musa- Campara- Sikiras, and by the excellent game of their entire team. I have also seen the welcome that Bosnians did to the boys, with incredible fifty-thousand people in the streets of Sarajevo ...

So I became interested in this team and I look to the future: what will make this team at the World Championship Under-17 on 2016 ?

In my opinion, because they have won the European Championship, they can definitely get into the top five ... but can they win?
    With these three guys (Musa- Campara- Sikiras) they have so much talent, and they have a really solid team, but winning the Championship means to beat the United States ... then can they do it?

For this, I think they should add one or two players really big and powerful (Sikiras is agile...) under the basket: so the question is this, more than 12 European Champions, there are other talents in Bosnia in the years 1999-2000, possibly center or power-forward?

The ideal player in my opinion would be a player like Jusuf Nurkić ... ok, I know, it's not easy

For example, do you think someone of the actual team could grow (physically and technically)? Vedran Mirkovic and Timur Ovcina?

Or, what do you know about these players, already seen with the National UNDER 16 Team before the European Championship?
    Aleksandar Stojišic (1999 Partizan TS), Miladin Vlacic (1999 Buducnost Bijeljina), Eman Šertovic (1999 Kos Sarajevo), David Kovacevic (1999 Partizan

TS), Ivan Sabljic (1999 Široki), Semin Burko (1999 Celik Zenica) ... the last three are power forward or center.

Finally, do you know this player? he's born in 2000, he'is 206cm tall, and he plays for SPARS SARAJEVO (with Campara and Darko Bajo)...he looks like really big, he's name is PALO GALIB!!!

Do you know others?

Thanks for your attention,
    JABroy

Verdran Mirkovic and Timur Ocvina (both 6'7") are typical example of precocious puberty, (early developed, quite strong but undersized post players). Their growth spurts are likely over.

6'10 C Galib Palo is a joke of a player while his 6'9" teammate versatile PF Erwin Gutic ('00) is a far better prospect. Both are said to be still growing.

6'11" C Semin Burko has size and could develop into a decent big man.

6'10 Anes Softic ('99) who will play next for croatian side Sibenik (Darrusafaka's farm team) is the mystery man and could be the next sensation produced by Ozren Seleskovic who is known to be Mirza Begic, Alen Omic and Jusuf Nurkic's personal skills development trainer.

Our senior national team gathered for the 2019 World cup pre-qualifers. We will play versus Sweden, Slovakia and Armenia.
    Our three best centers(Nurkić, Stipanović, Kikanović) will not play. Teletović will not play, and some more important players like Gordić or Milošević also will not play. It's a young team leaded by experienced coach Duško Vujošević. I don't expect much.

Those players are on the preparations:

- PG Amar Gegić(98') 6'7'' Bayern

- PG Darko Talić(98') 6'2'' Igokea

- PG Adi Zahiragić(95') 6'2'' Spars

- SG Nikola Gajić(91') 6'5'' Igokea

- SG Edin Atić(97') 6'7'' AEK

- SG Almir Hasandić(90') 6'3'' Sloboda

- SF Džanan Musa(99') 6'9'' Cedevita

- SF Adin Vrabac(94') 6'8'' Partizan

- SF Aleksandar Lazić(96') 6'9'' Dynamic Beograd

- SF Nedžad Muratović(95') 6'7'' Sloboda

- PF Stefan Glogovac(94') 6'9'' Igokea

- PF Njegoš Sikiraš(99') 6'9'' Fuenlabrada

- C Draško Albijanić(86') 6'11'' Igokea

- C Ismet Sejfić(93') 6'10'' Pannon

- C Markus Lončar(96') 7'0'' Cedevita

- C Obrad Tomić(93') 6'10'' Kakanj

Naturalized PG Alex Renfroe is expected to join.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast