• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Toro View Post
    prediction
    Europe referres + Spain w/Gasol - Australia +20
    Europe referres + Spain w/o Gasol - Australia +20
    non european oficials + Spain w/Gasol - Australia +1
    non european oficials + Spain w/o Gasol - Australia +40
    Argentinians always doing smart posts. Great!!!

Can you answer me why Garino is on the Spurs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
      Pau was asked about Tokyo 2020, and he said "I will be 40, but who knows..."
      Most likely he will skip-like most NBA vets and prospects- the next Euroasbket,I suppose,he needs some rest and it's obvious.I remember in an interview he had said that he wants to be part of the team until they stop calling him.
      1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
        Most likely he will skip-like most NBA vets and prospects- the next Euroasbket,I suppose,he needs some rest and it's obvious.I remember in an interview he had said that he wants to be part of the team until they stop calling him.
        I mean what's the point of Eurobasket if it doesn't get you a spot in the WC anymore?

Comment

Who is the best in Europe??? Continental championships are more special and meaningful in other parts of the world than it is in North America, every title is important, we don't look at them as just qualifying tournaments for WC or Olympic Games.
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
            Who is the best in Europe??? Continental championships are special and meaningful in other parts of the world than it is in North America, every title is important, we don't look at them as just qualifying tournament for WC or Olympic Games.
            But every 2 years? Eurobasket always provide us great games to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Steadysoul View Post
              I mean what's the point of Eurobasket if it doesn't get you a spot in the WC anymore?
              Ethical.At least for us like Liths,Serbs,Spaniards and the rest,you can't boycott a tournament.And I am sure despite all those sayings,most fans here will demand a medal.
              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Ethical.At least for us like Liths,Serbs,Spaniards and the rest,you can't boycott a tournament.And I am sure despite all those sayings,most fans here will demand a medal.
                And that's fine but I don't expect any NBA players to participate. It's hard to justify to a FO. "Yeah it doesn't count as a qualifier anymore but I really want to play for my country" isn't going to fly for many of the players. FIBA should have kept them as qualifiers and given teams 2018 off completely.

Comment

And that's fine but I don't expect any NBA players to participate. It's hard to justify to a FO. "Yeah it doesn't count as a qualifier anymore but I really want to play for my country" isn't going to fly for many of the players. FIBA should have kept them as qualifiers and given teams 2018 off completely.

Hopefully Giannis will accomplish his promise Jokes aside,I didn't expect myself for them to play when FIBA announced the new schedule.But the rookies will most likely play their first competition in 3 years from now.No Eurobasket,no qualifiers+free summer.For God's sake,FIBA.
                  1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Hopefully Giannis will accomplish his promise Jokes aside,I didn't expect myself for them to play when FIBA announced the new schedule.But the rookies will most likely play their first competition in 3 years from now.No Eurobasket,no qualifiers+free summer.For God's sake,FIBA.
                    there desire to give players a summer off was great....their execution? straight butt cheeks. The qualifiers are the only issue.

Comment

I feel Eurobasket might still be decent, but it won't have the same feel as the Olympic Qualifying years. Still it has enough history to survive I feel.

Likewise, the Asia-Pacific, Africa titles should be fine because teams rarely get the chance to compete in major tournaments.

FIBA Americas though is dead. Unlike the other tournaments FIBA Americas has always just been a qualifying tournament. I can't see the US ever sending even a D team to it. Same goes for all the powerhouses now.
                      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                        I feel Eurobasket might still be decent, but it won't have the same feel as the Olympic Qualifying years. Still it has enough history to survive I feel.

Likewise, the Asia-Pacific, Africa titles should be fine because teams rarely get the chance to compete in major tournaments.

FIBA Americas though is dead. Unlike the other tournaments FIBA Americas has always just been a qualifying tournament. I can't see the US ever sending even a D team to it. Same goes for all the powerhouses now.

They still can skip it.Qualification for Tokyo comes from Mundobasket 2019.The Top-3 teams from America's,the Top-4 from Europe etc.

Eurobasket could be decent,but Imo I didn't like the fact that from now on the tournament will be held every 4 years,after 2017.Plus as it's already been mentioned,no motivation for the superstars to come and play.This truly sucks,considering that the NBA catches every young prospect.It could be like another Euroleague just with national teams participating.After some years I believe(not hope) that it could have the prestige of lower continental championships.It might not be seemed 2017 and 2021,but honestly overhyped rookies won't/don't give a shit about FIBA.Come and playing once or twice in 3 years would reduce the level of international basketball.No competition anymore,just the luckiest one who will produce consistently players will dominate in the region.Boring as hell.
                        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Short of FIBA making it mandatory (which they might have done for all we know) USA Basketball will continue to skip the zone cups.

Comment

Short of FIBA making it mandatory (which they might have done for all we know) USA Basketball will continue to skip the zone cups.
                            Which is to be expected, but I can't imagine seeing Argentina, Brazil, or Canada's A listers anymore either. They'd have more luck making it an U20 tournament.
                            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Which is to be expected, but I can't imagine seeing Argentina, Brazil, or Canada's A listers anymore either. They'd have more luck making it an U20 tournament.
                              I have vague memories of the Pan Am Games being somewhat of a big deal. Bobby Knight coached a team at least once. I looked at the 2015 roster and we had a 31 year old Keith Langford on the team. That told me we no longer take the tournament seriously.
                              Last edited by Beez; 08-21-2016, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Oh this takes Canada out at the knees. They're going to struggle to get players to participate

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information