12. You may not vote on this poll
  • the USA

7 58.33%
  • Serbia

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold Medal Match: USA vs Serbia

Default Gold Medal Match: USA vs Serbia

the repeat of 2014 World Cup final and the repeat from the early preliminary match..

a close game or a blow out?

Probably somewhere in the middle. USA +17-23 point win.

USA will get the gold but Serbia might take the moral victory.USA will finish 3-5 in the moral victories standings.

I think it still not the time Serbia would beat US..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Meeting USA twice would be disadvantage for them, their best shot was 1st round..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    USA will get the gold but Serbia might take the moral victory.USA will finish 3-5 in the moral victories standings.
    Don't ever change brother you are the funniest dude here.

It's hard to beat a team twice in a tournament, it might be harder to play the US tight twice. I'm thinking 15 plus victory for the US.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Don't ever change brother you are the funniest dude here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Good one ,i ahve to admit to that .
    As for him being a funniest dude here,well ,if you find retards funny ,then yes . He is hilarious .

If Djordjevic is smart he'll be low key and not say anything to provoke USA. Say all the right boring things and then go out there and give it your best shot. He did the opposite in '14 and it cost him.

Coach ,so how are you gonna win this game then ?
    Give me your thoughts .
    You have nothing to lose ,yet winning this game would be wonderful achievement for anyone who enjoys European basketball .

USA and Serbia in the final for the second straight big tournament. Everything is back to normal in international basketball.

I feel like the US has accomplished everything they set out to do a decade ago. Eliminated Spain for the fourth straight Olympics. Avenged the Argentina losses over and over and over again. Puerto Rico and Greece have been erased from the Olympic basketball map. It would have been fitting for us to play Australia in the final, since most of their guys are half-American as basketball players, and soon some of their key players will be literally half-American. Regardless of the score on Sunday, we've already won.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Quote Originally Posted by JGX View Post
    USA and Serbia in the final for the second straight big tournament. Everything is back to normal in international basketball.

I feel like the US has accomplished everything they set out to do a decade ago. Eliminated Spain for the fourth straight Olympics. Avenged the Argentina losses over and over and over again. Puerto Rico and Greece have been erased from the Olympic basketball map. It would have been fitting for us to play Australia in the final, since most of their guys are half-American as basketball players, and soon some of their key players will be literally half-American. Regardless of the score on Sunday, we've already won.
    You had me until that last comment. Make no mistake all the pressure is on us and a loss would be catastrophic. Don't forget this isn't the World Cup we are talking about. These are the Olymoics and everything that comes along with that.

Serbia needs to play perfect defense and shoot lights out or at least shoot well. No wasted possessions.

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Good one ,i ahve to admit to that .
    As for him being a funniest dude here,well ,if you find retards funny ,then yes . He is hilarious .
    Almost as funny as gays.

If it's okay to mock one, then it's okay to mock the other.

Give me your thoughts .
    You have nothing to lose ,yet winning this game would be wonderful achievement for anyone who enjoys European basketball .
    All Serbian players have to channel their inner Milan Gurovic in order to pull off this upset.

Guys, Guys, Guys!!! We have Serbia v USA in the final! In the freaking final!!!! I'm sooooo pumped and legit nervous cause the Serbs played us close and had a smart strategy. Hmmm I wonder what those Serbs will think of next. Serbia needs 3 things to win. 1. Almost flawless offensive play. They can't let the USA defense stop them. 2. Bad shooting/ scoring night from the USA. 3. Match or exceed USA in rebounding.

Give me your thoughts .
    We don't have a huge chance, but we might give them a run if they are a bit off in the final and they don't have their best day.

We will go with a big lineup again and play a deep rotation with a lot of energy and tempo. So the keys will be:

- Control the rebounding like in the first game, where we did a great job and didn't allow second and third quarter points.
    - Markovic on Irving, Kalinic on Durant, Macvan on Melo will be the key defensive matchups.
    - No fast break points, keep fouling.
    - Second unit has to score. I think that first unit will score with Teodosic on the floor, but the key will be for Jovic - Nedovic - Bogdanovic - Simonovic and Jokic lineup to click on the offense. They need to be at least decent to keep up with the scoring of second unit of USA.
    - Play shorter but very, very aggressive shifts with lineups.
    - Put the ball inside to draw fouls and get bigs in foul trouble
    - Run the cuts and weave schemes to create open shots vs ball pressure defense of USA.

If we do these things and have a good shooting night we might be in a close game. Otherwise it will be a comfortable 10-20 point win for USA.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    We don't have a huge chance, but we might give them a run if they are a bit off in the final and they don't have their best day.

We will go with a big lineup again and play a deep rotation with a lot of energy and tempo. So the keys will be:

- Control the rebounding like in the first game, where we did a great job and didn't allow second and third quarter points.
    - Markovic on Irving, Kalinic on Durant, Macvan on Melo will be the key defensive matchups.
    - No fast break points, keep fouling.
    - Second unit has to score. I think that first unit will score with Teodosic on the floor, but the key will be for Jovic - Nedovic - Bogdanovic - Simonovic and Jokic lineup to click on the offense. They need to be at least decent to keep up with the scoring of second unit of USA.
    - Play shorter but very, very aggressive shifts with lineups.
    - Put the ball inside to draw fouls and get bigs in foul trouble
    - Run the cuts and weave schemes to create open shots vs ball pressure defense of USA.

If we do these things and have a good shooting night we might be in a close game. Otherwise it will be a comfortable 10-20 point win for USA.
    This against ...what ? Tide wave ?
    I still remember one remark regarding USA team from years ago - even if they do not play well, they are all still remarkable athletes .
    They are . And even on the bad day there are things where they will be superior at just because of that .

Down 27-9 in the preliminary game had Djordjevic pulled his key players and instead we got a heavy dose of Stimac and Bircevic and a subsequent blowout ensued, Serbia might have been in a better position against USA in the final. But then again without that confidence building comeback and performance maybe they don't reach the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Down 27-9 in the preliminary game had Djordjevic pulled his key players and instead we got a heavy dose of Stimac and Bircevic and a subsequent blowout ensued, Serbia might have been in a better position against USA in the final. But then again without that confidence building comeback and performance maybe they don't reach the finals.
    I agree here. The wake up call that Serbia gave Team USA in pool play might actually work against the European side in the finals. I would expect maximum focus and effort from the Americans anyway, but after the first game you know they will want to play well and really put their stamp on this Olympics by putting Serbia away (Like Turkey 2010 Finals and the Kyrie show vs Serbia in Spain). Durant, Kyrie, Carmelo, Klay..too much offensive firepower..we're talking pure talent playing together for a month versus sides with years of basketball chemistry. I think in the next go around Popovich led Team USA should and will return to adding a few 'pass first' setup guys like they had with Kidd, CP3, King James. 2016 needed a playmaker in the primary rotation to make these games easier.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast