View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • USA

    15 45.45%
  • Spain

    18 54.55%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 236

Thread: SF: USA vs. Spain

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    57
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vuxsa View Post
    Australia still needs to qualify for the finals, don't get too cocky. You will face much different Serbia first.
    As for this one, I really do think that Spain has a decent chance. Gasol can dominate.
    I believe the Serbs could beat us yes, not being cocky mate, I can only judge on how they have all played. And so far Australia has been the better team.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,812
    Country: Greece

    Default

    USA is the world leader in picking and developing (scientifically!) talents, plus a number of high level competitive leagues, plus a population of 300+ millions from which they can choose the best of the best in every aspect of the game. It seems unfair for every opponent.
    That's why we (not-Americans) are looking forward to watch them lose. It's not hate, actually it's respect for a seemingly unbeatable team. It's a bit boring to know who will get the gold, even before the friendlies begin.
    Shit happens though and there is always a slight chance for them to lose (suicide or a stellar performance of the opponent). It's like the lottery. You can hope even when you know you are not going to win.
    So...GO SPANIARDS!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    57
    Country: Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    USA is the world leader in picking and developing (scientifically!) talents, plus a number of high level competitive leagues, plus a population of 300+ millions from which they can choose the best of the best in every aspect of the game. It seems unfair for every opponent.
    That's why we (not-Americans) are looking forward to watch them lose. It's not hate, actually it's respect for a seemingly unbeatable team. It's a bit boring to know who will get the gold, even before the friendlies begin.
    Shit happens though and there is always a slight chance for them to lose (suicide or a stellar performance of the opponent). It's like the lottery. You can hope even when you know you are not going to win.
    So...GO SPANIARDS!
    Agreed mate, I don't think many hate US basketball, it's more just supporting the underdog lol. I'll be cheering for Spain just for the fact it will do wonders for the world game, the Americans might take it more professionally if they get rolled who knows.

  4. #24
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    22,891

    Default

    The absence of anthony davis, usa next most important player would be evident here..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  5. #25
    Senior Member Mr Chacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    3,211
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Ricky Rubio vs Irving will be the key of the game. Rubio must control the tempo of the game if we want to have a chance. Pau vs Usa's center will be also another key.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,495
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    For Spain it doesn't really matter whether they win silver or bronze. They have silver medals anyway. They want to beat the USA and go for gold. Whether that is in the semi's or in the final is totally irrelevant to them.

    If Spain can hang on there until the last quarter as some other teams did. Sure USA may play harder, but Spain is better than other teams. Then in the final quarter pressure may sink in, once the Americans will feel they can be eliminated.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    123
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dtown View Post
    This is will be a shootout, I expect the second unit of the US to play serious minutes in the fourth, Durant to get heavy minutes as well. Leaning 107-100 US.
    I like Durant surrounded by that defensive second unit (Lowry, Butler, George, Jordan/Green). He's averaging 28 minutes a game during the Olympics. He averaged 41 minutes a game against Golden State in a 7 games series. So he has a 35 minute game in him.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beez View Post
    I like Durant surrounded by that defensive second unit (Lowry, Butler, George, Jordan/Green). He's averaging 28 minutes a game during the Olympics. He averaged 41 minutes a game against Golden State in a 7 games series. So he has a 35 minute game in him.
    35 and then some for Durant. Whatever it takes. He played 38 minutes against Spain in '12. And in '10 in knockout rounds he played 37, 38, and 39 minutes. No issue whatsoever.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    History tells us this will be a tight high scoring game. But if that's not the case and I had to pick between a Spain victory or a USA blowout win, the latter is a more probable outcome.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Mr Chacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    3,211
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    History tells us this will be a tight high scoring game. But if that's not the case and I had to pick between a Spain victory or a USA blowout win, the latter is a more probable outcome.
    Perfect, our only chance is that the USA think that it will be an easy game.

    A game vs the oldy Gasoft friends.

  11. #31

    Default

    Gasol injured.

    Maybe he won't play tomorrow.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,812
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Díaz es Batman View Post
    Gasol injured.

    Maybe he won't play tomorrow.
    Hopes dissipated.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Díaz es Batman View Post
    Gasol injured.

    Maybe he won't play tomorrow.
    If you're buying that I have a bridge to sell you.

  14. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    If you're buying that I have a bridge to sell you.
    Scariolo: "Pau Gasol no está bien, no puedo asegurar que vaya a jugar contra EE.UU."

    Scariolo: "Pau Gasol is not right, I can't be sure that he'll play against USA."

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Hopes dissipated.
    Sad, but true.

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Díaz es Batman View Post
    Scariolo: "Pau Gasol no está bien, no puedo asegurar que vaya a jugar contra EE.UU."

    Scariolo: "Pau Gasol is not right, I can't be sure that he'll play against USA."
    Like I said don't be naive.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Adon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3,812
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    If you're buying that I have a bridge to sell you.
    No need for your bridge, I have a couple of my own (past buys)
    Seriously, I don't think that coach K makes any particular plans for Gasol (or any other opponent, as far as I can tell from what I've seen). If this report is a try to startle him when Gasol enters the court, it's plain stupidity.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Like I said don't be naive.
    Well, I think Gasol will play, but I also think he hasn't a good physical condition and Spain needs the best version of Gasol.
    Last edited by Bruno Díaz es Batman; 08-18-2016 at 05:30 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Díaz es Batman View Post
    Well, I think Gasol will play, but I also think he's not a good physical condition and Spain needs the best version of Gasol.
    Yeah I agree with that but the idea that he might not play is ridiculous.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,890
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    No need for your bridge, I have a couple of my own (past buys)
    Seriously, I don't think that coach K makes any particular plans for Gasol (or any other opponent, as far as I can tell from what I've seen). If this report is a try to startle him when Gasol enters the court, it's plain stupidity.
    I agree. The only thing I can come up with is the idea of rallying the other players around their injured leader and thereby creating emotion and overachieving.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •