9 25.71%
  • Spain

1 2.86%
  • Turkey

5 14.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Talent Pool Leading into 2020 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    Diop was naturalized before the 16 years old, so he doesn't play as naturalized. Like Sima.
    Thanks.He needs to work with his body however.Too skinny to play as C these days.

CoachZ,what about Stefan Jankovic?And btw how do you see the rest teams?

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Thanks.He needs to work with his body however.Too skinny to play as C these days.

CoachZ,what about Stefan Jankovic?And btw how do you see the rest teams?
    Stefan Jankovic is also fantastic prospect but we need to see him now in serious competition. Being a beast in NCAA at Hawaii, doesn't speak that much on how will he fit in Euroleague or NBA if he stays in Miami as he is now. We also have Ristic at Arizona who is a fantastic prospects.

I think Spain will have a letdown a bit in their quality even though they have a lot of great prospects. I think they have waited a bit too much to introduce some talent. Some veterans hang around too much. I would've left Reyes, Navarro and Caledoran at home this cycle. Give bigger roles to Abrines and younger guys. Because in the next cycle they will need to be great and at full strength. How will they do that if they are given breadcrumbs. They are not 18-19 to be treated like that.

Some of the vets might have hang around too much, that will be an issue for the future. For example like Serbia with Krstic at C position. We didn't bring along others and he started getting injured we had problems inside. We are lucky that somehow Raduljica was revived by Djordjevic and Jokic exploded. You keep the star vets but your core should always be refreshed and introduce younger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Regarding the talent pool of Serbia we don't have a lot of players that will not be there in the next cycle or be too old.

Teodosic, Markovic, Raduljica, Marjanovic, Bjelica will all be 31-32 years old then. Raduljica might fall of since we don't know how his body will hold up. The rest will still be able to play at a high level. Some of them might be overtaken like Markovic by youngsters. Teodosic's game is 100% skill and head, so physically nothing will change for him by then.

Bogdanovic, Kalinic, Jovic, Mitrovic, Jokic will all be in the prime years 25-28.

A huge number of great youngster will be coming like Rade Zagorac, Marko Guduric, Borisa Simanic, Aleksa Radanov, Vanja Marinkovic, Nikola Milutinov, Aleksandar Aranitovic. All of these guys will be 21-24 years old and some of them will be in the team as well. They might not be a huge stars but will round out the rotation and be given roles like Jovic, Bogdanovic and other were few years back. Zagorac, Guduric, Simanic could already be mega stars by then. Guduric was a beast in Euroleague as a youngster this year.

So yeah we will be loaded if everything works out. Plus in that time we will have fantastic big prospects like Pecarski, Koprivica, Petrusev, turn around 20 years old and will be already prepping to replace Raduljica and Marjanovic.
    Obviously Serbia is looking at a great cycle. At 32 most players are still in their prime. Teodosic and co won't go anywhere. You are right about Raduljica. He is the only question mark. The rest will only get better.

Promising Greek players will also have a nice age during next cycle (although they lag somewhat behind when it comes to Serbia). Some are quite young (19-21) and inexperienced now though. Think of Papagiannis, Charalampopoulos, Antetokoumpo, Papapetrou. They are the ones who look good nowadays and will probably get better. While Sloukas, Pappas, Calathes, Papanikolaou, Mantzaris will be in their prime. If only Koufos decides to hang on until 2020. I think it will be a very decent team. Probably better than they are right now. Not sure if they will medal though.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Dont underestimate Lithuania. In 2020 I hope to see our NT something like this:

PG Kalnietis, Velicka
    SG Grigonis, Giedraitis
    SF Kuzminskas, Ulanovas, Sedekerskis
    PF Motiejunas, Sabonis
    C Vlanciunas, Mockevicius

This team is with JV, D-Mo, Kuzminskas, Ulanovas in their prime. Also with more experienced Sabonis and Grigonis. Arnas Velicka now is 16 yo, but he is the best and most promising talent in PG position for us. He signed with Barcelona this summer. Mockevicius is a interesting talent. Has a contract with Nets. I wish he was in a team this summer instead of Javtokas or Kavaliauskas. I saw some of his games this year, moves well on the court and is good rebounder and defender. Has better footwork than JV. Also Tadas Sedekerskis and Giedraitis have a big talent, but Sedekerskis has some injuries problems and Giedraitis is poor defender at this moment. Giedraitis reminds me something like Alex Abrines.
    Also I think knowing that Maciulis and Jankunas are very smart players we could see them playing in NT even at age 35/36.

Quote Originally Posted by LDK View Post
    Dont underestimate Lithuania. In 2020 I hope to see our NT something like this:

PG Kalnietis, Velicka
    SG Grigonis, Giedraitis
    SF Kuzminskas, Ulanovas, Sedekerskis
    PF Motiejunas, Sabonis
    C Vlanciunas, Mockevicius

This team is with JV, D-Mo, Kuzminskas, Ulanovas in their prime. Also with more experienced Sabonis and Grigonis. Arnas Velicka now is 16 yo, but he is the best and most promising talent in PG position for us. He signed with Barcelona this summer. Mockevicius is a interesting talent. Has a contract with Nets. I wish he was in a team this summer instead of Javtokas or Kavaliauskas. I saw some of his games this year, moves well on the court and is good rebounder and defender. Has better footwork than JV. Also Tadas Sedekerskis and Giedraitis have a big talent, but Sedekerskis has some injuries problems and Giedraitis is poor defender at this moment. Giedraitis reminds me something like Alex Abrines.
    Also I think knowing that Maciulis and Jankunas are very smart players we could see them playing in NT even at age 35/36.
    That roster needs one guy to step up and become a monster and really pull others forward. The candidates for that are only 2 guys in my head. JV and Kuzminskas. JV I think will not make a big step up from where he is now. He is very pidgeon-holed in terms of skillset and stuff. He can improve parts of the game but I do not see him improving by a lot in the next 3-4 years. Kuzminskas could make a great step up and be a beast. If Knicks do a good job on him (BTW that is a terrible team to go now with their new rotation and coaching), he might be the GUY.

Still a lot of talent there, but again nothing to be feared too much by the top teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Obviously Serbia is looking at a great cycle. At 32 most players are still in their prime. Teodosic and co won't go anywhere. You are right about Raduljica. He is the only question mark. The rest will only get better.

Promising Greek players will also have a nice age during next cycle (although they lag somewhat behind when it comes to Serbia). Some are quite young (19-21) and inexperienced now though. Think of Papagiannis, Charalampopoulos, Antetokoumpo, Papapetrou. They are the ones who look good nowadays and will probably get better. While Sloukas, Pappas, Calathes, Papanikolaou, Mantzaris will be in their prime. If only Koufos decides to hang on until 2020. I think it will be a very decent team. Probably better than they are right now. Not sure if they will medal though.

Dorsey as well.We lack a shooting guard and the guy is exaclty what we miss.However I think he would skip some tournaments.Mitoglou is also very promising player.Koufos has already a deal that ends at 2018,which is a free summer.Can't see why you guys continually list him as a possible absence (Let's forget 2014)

Stefan Jankovic is also fantastic prospect but we need to see him now in serious competition. Being a beast in NCAA at Hawaii, doesn't speak that much on how will he fit in Euroleague or NBA if he stays in Miami as he is now. We also have Ristic at Arizona who is a fantastic prospects.

I think Spain will have a letdown a bit in their quality even though they have a lot of great prospects. I think they have waited a bit too much to introduce some talent. Some veterans hang around too much. I would've left Reyes, Navarro and Caledoran at home this cycle. Give bigger roles to Abrines and younger guys. Because in the next cycle they will need to be great and at full strength. How will they do that if they are given breadcrumbs. They are not 18-19 to be treated like that.

Some of the vets might have hang around too much, that will be an issue for the future. For example like Serbia with Krstic at C position. We didn't bring along others and he started getting injured we had problems inside. We are lucky that somehow Raduljica was revived by Djordjevic and Jokic exploded. You keep the star vets but your core should always be refreshed and introduce younger guys.

Stefan Jankovic is more Canadian than Serbian, having been raised in Canada and further played for Canada at FIBA youth tournaments. I am fully aware his Serbian heritage and he could still choose to play for either country in FIBA.
    Still I am not sure he even registers on our top 10 PF/C prospects for Canada yet and may have a better chance of making the Serbian team than Canadian. That must say a little about our depth of talent. The Miami Heat supposedly see some potential in him. I sort of see him playing for whatever continent his professional career keeps him on. As I don't think he will stick in the NBA and will end up in Europe so my guess is he plays for Serbia.

That roster needs one guy to step up and become a monster and really pull others forward. The candidates for that are only 2 guys in my head. JV and Kuzminskas. JV I think will not make a big step up from where he is now. He is very pidgeon-holed in terms of skillset and stuff. He can improve parts of the game but I do not see him improving by a lot in the next 3-4 years. Kuzminskas could make a great step up and be a beast. If Knicks do a good job on him (BTW that is a terrible team to go now with their new rotation and coaching), he might be the GUY.

Still a lot of talent there, but again nothing to be feared too much by the top teams.
    Who knows what they'll become after 4 years. Giedraitis in youth natinal teams (JV generation) was 12th player in rotation, but now he is one of the best scorrer in our local league. Shame for me that I forgot 18 yo Arnoldas Kulbolka. 205 SF with good shooting ability. Now plays in Germany. And Arturas Gudaitis. He made strange decisions for his carrier in recent years, but who knows. Zalgiris 2nd team also brings a lot of talents: Valinskas, Masiulis, Varnas, Birutis. Everybody from them could explode like Kuzminskas in recent years.

Of course my vote is for Serbia. They always dvelop a lot of talents. Also Canada could have a strong team if they bring all their best players from NBA.

Dorsey as well.We lack a shooting guard and the guy is exaclty what we miss.However I think he would skip some tournaments.Mitoglou is also very promising player.Koufos has already a deal that ends at 2018,which is a free summer.Can't see why you guys continually list him as a possible absence (Let's forget 2014)
    Dorsey is not likely a NBA player. He probably ends up professionally in Europe - Greece in particular - and likely gets well incorporated into the NT. It seems he only did the Greek thing to further his professional career prospects. He has gotten much better in the last two years - from a no chance NBA prospect to a borderline, possible 2nd round draft pick. He seemingly will bea good addition to the Greek team which will be all speaking English soon

Quote Originally Posted by mojo13 View Post
    Stefan Jankovic is more Canadian than Serbian, having been raised in Canada and further played for Canada at FIBA youth tournaments. I am fully aware his Serbian heritage and he could still choose to play for either country in FIBA.
    Still I am not sure he even registers on our top 10 PF/C prospects for Canada yet and may have a better chance of making the Serbian team than Canadian. That must say a little about our depth of talent. The Miami Heat supposedly see some potential in him. I sort of see him playing for whatever continent his professional career keeps him on. As I don't think he will stick in the NBA and will end up in Europe so my guess is he plays for Serbia.
    He is not really a PF/C type. He is a stretch PF with a lot of size, who was also a SF before Hawaii. His main problem is that he is not a fantastic athlete and they downgrade him because of that. It's a pity since he is legit and can be a fantastic player. I would like to see who Canadian federation considers better prospects up to age 23 at his position. He might not be the top, but has to be in the top few.

Regarding whether he is Serbian or Canadian, that will be up to him. Of course talking about passport and team he plays for. Since in terms of genes and history, he is about as Canadian as Dikembe Mutombo. He was born in Ex-Yu during war time and lived in Belgrade up until age 4 when his family ran away to Canada looking for a better life. He can choose what he wants to do and I would never be bitter if he decides to play for you. But, knowing how these things usually work with Serbian expats/immigrants he will find a way back to Serbian NT. Of course this is if he shows up and develops and plays well.

Dorsey is not likely a NBA player. He probably ends up professionally in Europe - Greece in particular - and likely gets well incorporated into the NT. It seems he only did the Greek thing to further his professional career prospects. He has gotten much better in the last two years - from a no chance NBA prospect to a borderline, possible 2nd round draft pick. He seemingly will bea good addition to the Greek team which will be all speaking English soon

I get it that you'r last sentence was sarcastic,but there's a rule here,you need to speak Greek in order to make the team.Ask Calathes,Koufos and Bramos for this

And about Jankovic,if I'm well aware,his desire is to play for Serbia.If he doesn't find a place at the Serbian roster,yes there's a possibility to select the Canadian team
    Last edited by R1ou; 08-17-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Who knows what they'll become after 4 years. Giedraitis in youth natinal teams (JV generation) was 12th player in rotation, but now he is one of the best scorrer in our local league. Shame for me that I forgot 18 yo Arnoldas Kulbolka. 205 SF with good shooting ability. Now plays in Germany. And Arturas Gudaitis. He made strange decisions for his carrier in recent years, but who knows. Zalgiris 2nd team also brings a lot of talents: Valinskas, Masiulis, Varnas, Birutis. Everybody from them could explode like Kuzminskas in recent years.

Of course my vote is for Serbia. They always dvelop a lot of talents. Also Canada could have a strong team if they bring all their best players from NBA.
    Gudaitis just made a huge mistake. He missed a chance to sign for Zvezda, that would've been great for him. He would've played in EL and would receive fantastic coaching and development at his position. Zvezda has been amazing at coaching up bigs and making them into great players. Just look at the job with Marjanovic, Zirbes and even Stimac had a good EL season. That would've been a great opportunity for him.

Im really excited for serbian young Guards especially Jankovic and Jaramaz, especially Jaramaz Ognjen he seems to me like a Goran Dragic type of guard, he has rockets in his legs very explosive and quick with very good ball handling and shooting skills also good passer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0_lJzEPpV0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJoFJMl-4CE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xac28DgbN0
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

I get it that you'd last sentence was sarcastic,but there's a rule here,you need to speak Greek in order to make them.Ask Calathes,Koufos and Bramos for this

And about Jankovic,if I'm well aware,his desire is to play for Serbia.If he doesn't find a place at the Serbian roster,yes there's a possibility to select the Canadian team.
    This summer Jankovic back tracked on his statement from many years ago about wanting to play for Serbia. Now of course it was to the Canadian media but he did say those comments from many years back were from an immature 18 year old, that he has had time to mature and his perspective has changed. So who knows were is his head or heart is?
    Not sure he is worth us fighting over - right now I don't see him as good enough for either team. Who knows he could turn into a nice stretch four. But I doubt he will be better for us in four years than Nicholson, Powell, Lyles, Ejim or Olynyk. Kyle Wiltjer is seemingly a much better player than Jankovic right now. Even Anthony Bennett may turn himself into a real player some day.

PeraCar just reminded me, Stefan Peno is at Barcelona and he is a very athletic PG/SG prospect with fantastic skillset. He needs to work his jumper a bit but he has a great future as well. He could be a Teodosic follow up at PG spot.

Gudaitis just made a huge mistake. He missed a chance to sign for Zvezda, that would've been great for him. He would've played in EL and would receive fantastic coaching and development at his position. Zvezda has been amazing at coaching up bigs and making them into great players. Just look at the job with Marjanovic, Zirbes and even Stimac had a good EL season. That would've been a great opportunity for him.
    I doubt that it was his decision to reject Zvezda offer. Maybe they choosed Kuzmic insteda of him. Also he has a buy-out of 180k if I remember right. Rumors in my country was that he wen't to summer league instead of our NT camp, because he wanted to show his game for Europe teams and leave Rytas.

This summer Jankovic back tracked on his statement from many years ago about wanting to play for Serbia. Now of course it was to the Canadian media but he did say those comments from many years back were from an immature 18 year old, that he has had time to mature and his perspective has changed. So who knows were is his head or heart is?
    Not sure he is worth us fighting over - right now I don't see him as good enough for either team. Who knows he could turn into a nice stretch four. But I doubt he will be better for us in four years than Nicholson, Powell, Lyles, Ejim or Olynyk. Kyle Wiltjer is seemingly a much better player than Jankovic right now.
    Kyle Wiltjer is a gutless chicken to be honest Like I said, he will choose where he wants to play. Noone should be bitter about his choice, since he has valid reasons to choose either options. That being sad, I would gladly take him. If he was smart he should've looked for a team in Europe for a season or two before going to NBA and finding a role. Now he will be roster bubble guy, which is just a shitty idea. He will not develop like that.

I doubt that it was his decision to reject Zvezda offer. Maybe they choosed Kuzmic insteda of him. Also he has a buy-out of 180k if I remember right. Rumors in my country was that he wen't to summer league instead of our NT camp, because he wanted to show his game for Europe teams and leave Rytas.
    Kuzmic was not even in the talks process when they approached him. Also we need 2 centers. Since Zirbes left, Nastic terminated his contract and Stimac's expired. So he could've gotten minutes for sure. Radonjic rotates centers 50-50, so he would've gotten 15-20 minutes even as a second C.

When was it ?
    Is it recent news or something i have missed from long before ?

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    When was it ?
    Is it recent news or something i have missed from long before ?
    About a month ago. When things with Milutinov were looking to fall apart, they reached out to him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast