No announcement yet.

Best Talent Pool Leading into 2020 Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon, that South America will decline. Europe, Australia and Canada keep rising. NBA teams picked 9 european players in first round just in this year, also 2 australians and 1 canadian. Soon France, Spain, Canada, Australia will have 10-20 NBA players or they have now. Also very strong Serbia with less NBA players, but strong squad in Europe. Croatia, Greece, Turkey are promising with some experienced and many young talents. Lithuania will stay where they are now, limited by weak backcourt. Italy, Germany are strong. Sure, those teams must qualify first for the olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
      Stefan Jankovic is more Canadian than Serbian, having been raised in Canada and further played for Canada at FIBA youth tournaments. I am fully aware his Serbian heritage and he could still choose to play for either country in FIBA.
      Still I am not sure he even registers on our top 10 PF/C prospects for Canada yet and may have a better chance of making the Serbian team than Canadian. That must say a little about our depth of talent. The Miami Heat supposedly see some potential in him. I sort of see him playing for whatever continent his professional career keeps him on. As I don't think he will stick in the NBA and will end up in Europe so my guess is he plays for Serbia.
      Stefan Jankovic is Serb. It's just a living in Canada. Here's an interview in which he said - I'm waiting for a call coach Djordjevic. I can not wait the day when I will play for the national team of Serbia - http://kosarka.hotsport.rs/2016/07/2...-srbiju-video/

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information