QF: Spain Vs France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Parker in post game press conference:

I felt like Spain was the Spurs and I was on the other side.

Respect.

Comment

Did France ever give a proper effort in this tournament? They looked unready to play in the first game against Australia. Then against Serbia it was "do we really want to win this game or not." Against USA, Parker sits. Two easy wins against China and Venezuela. And then yesterday, they never seemed into it. Perhaps some of their veterans were tired. That's the only explanation I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Beez View Post
        Did France ever give a proper effort in this tournament? They looked unready to play in the first game against Australia. Then against Serbia it was "do we really want to win this game or not." Against USA, Parker sits. Two easy wins against China and Venezuela. And then yesterday, they never seemed into it. Perhaps some of their veterans were tired. That's the only explanation I have.
        Agreed they never really showed up.

Comment

this was such a weird game..France played with the intensity of a friendly game,not an olympics quarter.There must be huge issues inside this team.Did you read about Batum dissing Collet about his role on the team.It was obvious that Batum didnt give a flyin fvck yesterday,he pretty much sabotaged his own team.i cant take much out of this game.France didnt show up on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
            this was such a weird game..France played with the intensity of a friendly game,not an olympics quarter.There must be huge issues inside this team.Did you read about Batum dissing Collet about his role on the team.It was obvious that Batum didnt give a flyin fvck yesterday,he pretty much sabotaged his own team.i cant take much out of this game.France didnt show up on the floor.
            Lithuania lost on purpose vs Spain, Argentina lost on purpose vs Spain, France lost on purpose vs Spain... C'mon man!!! We played better and France worse, easy!!!
            Last edited by Mr Chacho; 08-18-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Chacho View Post
              Lithuania lost in purpose vs Spain, Argentina lost in purpose vs Spain, France lost in purpose vs Spain... C'mon man!!! We played better and France worse, easy!!!
              Don't break the streak! Maybe USA will also lose on purpose to avoid the embarrassment of losing an Olympic Final. It's our only chance.

Comment

Originally posted by darrell armstrong View Post
                don't break the streak! Maybe usa will also lose on purpose to avoid the embarrassment of losing an olympic final. It's our only chance.
                lol
                :d

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                  I can't see how such player like Marc can harm any NT
                  I can even see a player like Pau bringing more harm than good to some NTs and he's much more diverse and overall useful player than his little brother. It all really depends on circumstances, coaching, player's current shape, team chemistry and its prefered way of playing.

I think that having Marc in the squad would most probably bring more good than bad to this Spanish team (especially in games with opponents who have really athletic and physically intimidating frontcourts) but even that doesn't come without some minor damage. Some of the reasons Spain was as effective as it is in their last three games are its reliance a) on cut-offs involving Pau which abuse the fact that most teams still go doubleteaming on him, and b) on their forwards stretching opponents defense as these forwards are good shooters and above mediocre slashers who like to play in the face-to-the-basket mode (especially Mirotic but to a significantly lesser degree Clawer also). I guess that both these factors would be featured in Spain's offense less prominently if Marc was in the squad. Overall Spain's main strengths were always mobility and sophisticated ball movement while with Marc playing heavy minutes as a center of this team I can see it being less fluid, less passing and less agile with slower tempos and Marc's back-to-basket duels with opposing big guys being a staple in Spain's offense.
                  2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
                    He is
                    Both are nothing to write home about nevertheless. The younger is a better one since he has at least some decent athleticism yet his anthropometrics make him an ideal 'stretch four' but I doubt that he will start to shoot jump shots with a percentage needed for that role. And also he is totally unable to create off the dribble. Well, they are energetic, diligent and assiduous players but since there is not an aspect of the game of basketball in which any of them can really excel I doubt that they were worthy of those high draft picks spent on them. Well, you can never guess with that because we all have a fresh Porzingis case when a guy averaged more points and rebounds per game in a shitty NBA team when he did a year earlier in a shitty ACB team. But at least Porzingis is really tall and explosive, so since there is an unwritten rule not to box him out in NBA games (because NBA needs some potential draft bust's magical turn into fresh white star from Europe, I guess), he can do a damage there, at least when he plays for a team not better than mediocre. Dunno about Hernangomez bros... But if NBA really needs Sasha Vujacic who was ready to play in some second Turkish league team then why not them?

Yet overall I wonder where all this 'much ado about nothing' comes from concerning Hernangomez brotherly duet. Dunno how fat is Alfonso these days but I suspect that 2-on-2 game of Reyes brothers vs Hernangomez brothers would be won by the former even these days And I won't even start to talk about Gasols vs Hernangomezes
                    2013/2014 IBN Euroleague Prediction Game Winner

Thrash 'till Death!

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information