Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Croatia

4 28.57%
  • Serbia

10 71.43%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: QF: Croatia Vs Serbia

With current shape of Croatia I wouldn't be surprised their in semis. On other hand, Serbia is more experienced and could be more steady at the clutch if the game goes down to last seconds. Very interesting match.

I agree with Picek. Croatia's future looks very good. One of those national teams who could really rise, huge upside. It might not happening, but they can be that next great NT. Their prospects are not only talented and highly projected, but also high IQ, every all rounded players - Saric, Bender, Arapovic and the same Hezonja (just that he will need some time to manage his current youthfull stupidity ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

This might be the new Spain-France rivalry in the european basketball as I will see the two to be the frontrunners for the 2021 eurobasket..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    This might be the new Spain-France rivalry in the european basketball as I will see the two to be the frontrunners for the 2021 eurobasket..
    With Bjelica and Marjanovic we can be frontrunner for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    I am more keen on your forwards(Zagorac et al.) rather than boban..as they can really make it easy for Jokic..

I am more keen on your forwards(Zagorac et al.) rather than boban..as they can really make it easy for Jokic..
    I always prefer more present than future.

We will see development of Jokic, Zagorac, Simanic, Guduric and also Bender, Zubac, Saric, Hezonja in Croatia.

Jokic and Saric are already great players.

I always prefer more present than future.

We will see development of Jokic, Zagorac, Simanic, Guduric and also Bender, Zubac, Saric, Hezonja in Croatia.

Jokic and Saric are already great players.
    If we keeping it simple, Saric is the key on how far this team can go as like Bogdanovic(serbian), Hezonja can be a huge plus or a liability..

Its nice to see Serbia in the big stage again, about damn time some talented players in Serbia deserve to be in the NBA (I know NBA is nt the only league but)and earn great money, I think should already forgive what Darko have done
    Last edited by reamily; 08-16-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Playing vs Bilan and Planinic, there is no way we will focus on Bogdanovic as a center of our gameplan. The ball is going inside to establish the presence.

Defensively we are going to focus on stopping Saric, he will be the key guy for them. We are weakest at PF and they are going to use him to attack us, like they did to Jankunas, Kuzminskas and Sabonis. He plays faceup like a guard, so they will focus on that.
    I'm not talking about defensive gameplan. I'm talking about the X-Factor for each team. Both players when hot can win a game offensively.

Croatia has better prospects in Europe for the next Olympics cycle and if these young players will grouw up like we expect now they will be the most dangerous team in Tokyo 2020 for U.S.A without doubts!

I think Serbia is slightly better for their deep bench!

Definitely will be a great game

I expect great game for Bogdanovic(the serbian) and Hezonja!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    With current shape of Croatia I wouldn't be surprised their in semis. On other hand, Serbia is more experienced and could be more steady at the clutch if the game goes down to last seconds. Very interesting match.

I agree with Picek. Croatia's future looks very good. One of those national teams who could really rise, huge upside. It might not happening, but they can be that next great NT. Their prospects are not only talented and highly projected, but also high IQ, every all rounded players - Saric, Bender, Arapovic and the same Hezonja (just that he will need some time to manage his current youthfull stupidity ).
    I completely agree. I've been saying since 2014 that Croatia has that kind of potential, though back then they didn't have a true big man prospect other than Bender. Serbia too just keeps producing solid NBA prospects year after year.

Completely agree. To me only France and maybe Greece can compete with their talent in the future. Well maybe Lithuania too as like Serbia they just continue to produce NBA prospects.

With the win by Serbia on the womens side does show you that the seeding they have is just what they have planned..

With the win by Serbia on the womens side does show you that the seeding they have is just what they have planned..
    anything can happen.. tough loss though. Pity on the aussie girls..

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    anything can happen.. tough loss though. Pity on the aussie girls..
    Yeah, especially against croatia with their history but again they have goals and they need to beat teams to achieve that goal..

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    Croatia has more big prospects then Serbia, but it's wrong to predict future of NT's becasue we never know who will reach potential, who will be new "Ilglauskas" and not to mention that talent is not all. I would give 10 primadonna like Tomic for one Planinic

Good thing that core of this team except Simon and Ukic are very young, but after Ukic we have huge gap at PG spot.

Back to present, this team unlike previous look mentally tough and I belive they can beat Serbia
    Depends how you look at it. Croatia has great prospect at C and F positions, overall better than Serbia in the age span of 19-22 years old. After that not so much. Serbia has Pecarski, Koprivica and Simanic coming up that are a bit younger who are dominant prospects in their age group.

Also if we look at the guard positions, Croatia has very, very few serious prospects outside of Hezonja. This will be a big issue for the future, since without Simon this team already is suffering a lot. In general the talent level of upcoming prospects is about the same. We will see how they turn out. In general, Croatia has had shit luck with developing these players further.

Depends how you look at it. Croatia has great prospect at C and F positions, overall better than Serbia in the age span of 19-22 years old. After that not so much. .
    not true, Krešimir Nikić is a huge prospect. Buljević is older but also a promising prospect.
    regarding guards, Uljarević is the first one coming to my mind.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

To me Hezonja and Saric are right up there with Giannis, Ben Simmons, Luwawu, Cedi Osman, Mirotic, Paponilolau, etc etc as part of that next great generation of international players. A notch below Andrew Wiggins, Dante Exum, Emmanuel Mudiay, Buddy Hield, and Karl-Anthony Towns, though. Bogdanovic of Serbia could be there too if he gets his shit together. Bender, too.

Outside of that, I think Serbia and Croatia are pretty even when it comes to prospects except maybe at point guard. Serbia has produced them consistently for longer but Croatia has produced some of the top young prospects of any country the past few drafts. It's really splitting hairs though after the aforementioned potential franchise players.

We'll discuss more on that topic once Olympics are over.I won't go OT now explaining possible absences of the next year but I'll say that many superstars won't come.Especailly the youngest prospects.

Btw would be nice to make a thread for the upcoming dominant nations.
    Last edited by R1ou; 08-16-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    We'll discuss more on that topic once Olympics are over.I won't go OT now explaining possible absences of the next year but I'll say that many superstars won't come.Especailly the yougnest prospects.

Btw would be nice to make a thread for the upcoming dominating nations.
    Well, you never can't know for sure that some players will play... Every team has that kind of problem...

I just hope that this is the last tournament with Stimac and Bircevic.

Depends how you look at it. Croatia has great prospect at C and F positions, overall better than Serbia in the age span of 19-22 years old. After that not so much. Serbia has Pecarski, Koprivica and Simanic coming up that are a bit younger who are dominant prospects in their age group.

Also if we look at the guard positions, Croatia has very, very few serious prospects outside of Hezonja. This will be a big issue for the future, since without Simon this team already is suffering a lot. In general the talent level of upcoming prospects is about the same. We will see how they turn out. In general, Croatia has had shit luck with developing these players further.
    It is strange how Croatia has such a tough time with developing point guards.

Not sure if anyone mentioned him but Zubac was quite good in summer league.
    Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
    2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019

thats the key to address guard problem Croatia can sign a world class guard imagine it to play with Hezonja, Bogdanovic Saric, Bender and Zubac

Serbia's women planned to play Australia?
    Smart decision: it's like a football team chosing to play Bayern Munich, Barcelona or Real Madrid.
    Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast