No announcement yet.

Group A Day 4: USA vs. Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me just say that I have upmost respect for Vlade Divac as a player and what he did for our basketball. On the other hand, I absolutely detest him as a person because of many, many reasons. So let's talk about this. Before the Olympics he has said that he feels sorry for Serbian players that they have to play vs Cousins, because he will destroy them. That is just a terrible thing to say in the first place even if it's true, given his background and how he reacted as a player when they were telling him that Shaq, Robinson, Ewing etc. will eat him alive.

So there is this after yesterday's game:

Untitled.jpg

He is the head of our Olympics Committee. After a game in which his team lost and in general, after terrible Olympics so far for Serbia (zero medals and choke jobs across the board in all sports) he is in the tunnel with Boogie. Fucking scum...

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      Let me just say that I have upmost respect for Vlade Divac as a player and what he did for our basketball. On the other hand, I absolutely detest him as a person because of many, many reasons. So let's talk about this. Before the Olympics he has said that he feels sorry for Serbian players that they have to play vs Cousins, because he will destroy them. That is just a terrible thing to say in the first place even if it's true, given his background and how he reacted as a player when they were telling him that Shaq, Robinson, Ewing etc. will eat him alive.

So there is this after yesterday's game:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9118[/ATTACH]

He is the head of our Olympics Committee. After a game in which his team lost and in general, after terrible Olympics so far for Serbia (zero medals and choke jobs across the board in all sports) he is in the tunnel with Boogie. Fucking scum...
      But you even said it yourself when comparing national team play and club play. It all comes down to who is paying him and putting food on his table. I am sure he makes a nice living with his Sacramento front office position. What would you say about Magnano coaching Brazil against his native Argentina. But all that said I would have to agree it's not a good look for Vlade.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
        But you even said it yourself when comparing national team play and club play. It all comes down to who is paying him and putting food on his table. I am sure he makes a nice living with his Sacramento front office position. What would you say about Magnano coaching Brazil against his native Argentina. But all that said I would have to agree it's not a good look for Vlade.
        Hey, I have no problems with priorities being where the money lies. That is completely fine. Go meet Team USA that night, go talk to Boogie and do whatever you want. All that is fine. This is the Olympics and he is there on a JOB! He is representing Serbia, as the Head of our Olympics Committee. He needs to act like a professional. The statement before the games was already shitty to do, this is just way worse. The first thing he should've done is to join Team Serbia in the locker room and talk to the guys, since he was there and he has beaten Team USA there. I just cannot see Arvydas Sabonis or any other legend doing this.

This is a very pathetic move on his part.

Comment

Hey, I have no problems with priorities being where the money lies. That is completely fine. Go meet Team USA that night, go talk to Boogie and do whatever you want. All that is fine. This is the Olympics and he is there on a JOB! He is representing Serbia, as the Head of our Olympics Committee. He needs to act like a professional. The statement before the games was already shitty to do, this is just way worse. The first thing he should've done is to join Team Serbia in the locker room and talk to the guys, since he was there and he has beaten Team USA there. I just cannot see Arvydas Sabonis or any other legend doing this.

Yeah you're right. I remember Donnie Nelson who was an assistant on the Lithuania teams for a decade stepped away after the 2000 Olympics when Lithuania almost ended the USA-NBA streak. He said in good conscience he could not be part of a team from another country that could do that to his country.

Comment

The Cousin's comment was dick move from Vlade. No argument there! So Did Vlade not talk to the Serb team after the game? Is that confirmed?

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
              Yeah you're right. I remember Donnie Nelson who was an assistant on the Lithuania teams for a decade stepped away after the 2000 Olympics when Lithuania almost ended the USA-NBA streak. He said in good conscience he could not be part of a team from another country that could do that to his country.
              I respected Nelly for that! I hated him as the Knicks coach. i still respect him greatly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raze Lupin View Post
                I respected Nelly for that! I hated him as the Knicks coach. i still respect him greatly.
                You are thinking of the father I was talking about Donnie his son.

Comment

• Tournament after tournament it's the exact same stuff with this team. It's not the system, or the continuity, or anything else but the players. That's been the case since 2014. 2010 was a team full of guys who bought in to playing "team first" basketball. Even the guys who in that tournament objectively played like crap were a hell of a lot better than our supposedly "brilliant" players. 2012 was the same thing for the most part because every vet other than Melo was that kind of player. These guys we just keep making excuses for that we never made for anybody else. That doesn't strike anybody else as odd?

Comment

• Somehow we missed this funny poster before the game

14089238_594711640737968_843763026511677989_n.jpg

That stare, full of basketball IQ For those who don't know Serbian it says:

"Are you sleeping well Kevin Durant?"

Comment

Somehow we missed this funny poster before the game

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9136[/ATTACH]

That stare, full of basketball IQ For those who don't know Serbian it says:

"Are you sleeping well Kevin Durant?"
                      HAHAHAH I gotta have this poster!! Hopefully we meet in the finals if not the bronze game LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information