Olympic basketball countries facing each other in other olympic sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic basketball countries facing each other in other olympic sports

Compensate for your team's basketball failures by bragging about your success in other, less important sports.

Croatia about to beat the US in water polo. Hate to say it, but that is the dullest sport in the Olympics. France against Australia in the archery quarterfinals later.

The Serbian boat tipped over in rowing, how does that even happen?
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Originally posted by JGX View Post
    Compensate for your team's basketball failures by bragging about your success in other, less important sports.

Croatia about to beat the US in water polo. Hate to say it, but that is the dullest sport in the Olympics. France against Australia in the archery quarterfinals later.

The Serbian boat tipped over in rowing, how does that even happen?
    Well they were the odds on favorite to win the gold. It had to happen We are the country of Murphy's Law

Comment

We have athletes in boxing, swimming, weightlifting, table tennis, and track events.

I think our best shot is at boxing, but Olympic boxing is at the amateur level which IMO is pretty much anybody's game. IIRC, we have two silver medals in boxing, one by Anthony Villanueva in 1964 and the other by Mansueto Velasco in 1996.

I think we have a shot at weightlifting and track events, but I'm not expecting anything.

Despite being a nation surrounded by water, we suck at swimming.

Man, we may have to face China AGAIN, this time in table tennis.
      Originally posted by gideon
      Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

Tennis: Berankis (LTU) - Millman (AUS). After a tough battle our Asian challenger beast very unluckily lost vs Australian superstar 0-6, 0-6. Djoko now main favorite for the gold

Comment

Our best and probably the only tennis player just lost his opening match to a guy ranked lower than him 0-6 0-6... So yeah, basketball is yet again our only hope for any success (not really counting women here, as their sports are just inferior)

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
            Our best and probably the only tennis player just lost his opening match to a guy ranked lower than him 0-6 0-6... So yeah, basketball is yet again our only hope for any success (not really counting women here, as their sports are just inferior)
            Yet again... Really... yet again? FFS, just give up on sports, it's clearly not for you, including basketball. Since we restored independence, in every Olympics except 1996, men were winning the medals: 2012 - 3, 2008 - 4, 2004 - 2, 2000 and 1992 - 1, but both gold. It's decent achievement for our small country with shitty infrastructure. This year again we hope for medals from Didzbalis, Griskonis/Ritter, will they win it or not none can say now, but sayin' only hope is basketball and that crap about women - it's just stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
              Yet again... Really... yet again? FFS, just give up on sports, it's clearly not for you, including basketball. Since we restored independence, in every Olympics except 1996, men were winning the medals: 2012 - 3, 2008 - 4, 2004 - 2, 2000 and 1992 - 1, but both gold. It's decent achievement for our small country with shitty infrastructure. This year again we hope for medals from Didzbalis, Griskonis/Ritter, will they win it or not none can say now, but sayin' only hope is basketball and that crap about women - it's just stupid
              What is considered the 2nd best sport of Lithuania? I mean a sport that is not necessarily popular but you guys excel at.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                I don't even know who these guys are, but since they are most likely not gunning for gold, my point still stands...after Alekna has retired from professional sport, we don't have any more outstanding individual athletes. As for basketball, that's the only team sport we excel at and are good enough to contend for medals every time. If we were good at anything else besides it, I'd be more than glad to admit it. But that's not the case now, init?

Comment

I don't even know who these guys are, but since they are most likely not gunning for gold, my point still stands...after Alekna has retired from professional sport, we don't have any more outstanding individual athletes. As for basketball, that's the only team sport we excel at and are good enough to contend for medals every time. If we were good at anything else besides it, I'd be more than glad to admit it. But that's not the case now, init?
                  So for you Meilutyte is not outstanding athlete? =D
                  Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

she probably is, but since she's a woman, I'm not gonna include her in the company of the guys... Our ladies are doing fine, I'll give you that. Hopefully they'll salvage our reputation by winning the medals again

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                      What is considered the 2nd best sport of Lithuania? I mean a sport that is not necessarily popular but you guys excel at.
                      Second football (boring choice), than figure skating, track and field athletics, dances and auto sports. Now swimming is also very popular I'm guessing, mainly because of champ Meilutyte.
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

she probably is, but since she's a woman, I'm not gonna include her in the company of the guys... Our ladies are doing fine, I'll give you that. Hopefully they'll salvage our reputation by winning the medals again
                        Like countrie with 3 millions we are doing really good believe me. In London olympics we managed to be higher in medal table than such countries us Canada , Argentina,Serbia, Belgium, Portugal,Ireland , Sweden.
                        Silver medal at 2016 olympics prediction game

Comment

French archer who is even fatter than Diaw chokes in the last round, Australia beats them to advance to the semifinal.
                          Originally posted by Fedfan
                          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                          Originally posted by GuTO
                          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post

Croatia about to beat the US in water polo. Hate to say it, but that is the dullest sport in the Olympics.
                            dullest just because USA mainly sucks at it?
                            joking aside, team US is lead by a great serbian coach, Azevedo used to play in Croatia.
                            US team is young, already preparing itself for tokyo games when they should peak.
                            if Udovicic will be leading them for entire four years until then, don't be surprised if US wins gold there even if it is a "european sport".

btw. even with this win today we still have negative record against US at the olympics (in waterpolo) even if we are a better team.
                            Serbia will probably dethrone us as the new olympic champion.

being a handball and sports fanatic myself I will be spending as much time as possible following the games.
                            there was a great women handball game Brasil - Norway today, Brasil winning rather easily. (btw. Brasil is reigning world champion in handball which was their first gold ever).

I visited London olympics, wanted to be in Rio as well but couldn't make it unfortunately, but already planning for Tokyo olympics. and also to take my son with me.
                            it is simply a special feeling just being there..
                            everyone should visit the games at least once in their lifetime..
                            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                              Cycling and discus are I believe the two sports where Lithuanian athletes have won the most medals.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information