No announcement yet.

Turkish Basketball League - 2016/17 - Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I think that it will be better for Turkish basketball if all teams fall into a financial collapse. This way it will be harder for them to spend more money on foreigners and lot's of money on domestic players who only stay on the bench. Who knows, maybe this way it will be easier for young guys to find playing time and develop their game. Right now we are just wasting talents with overpaying them yet not giving them playing time. It is a shame that we have such a good results on youth level with wining multiple medals every year and yet most young players fail to become important members of their teams. With such good money some of them get in such an early stage of their carriers most of them don't feel the need to develop their games and play more. I guess problem is both organizational and mental, cultural. In Turkey we tend to overpay our athletes when they achieve something and spoil them.
    Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
    Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Ted betraying Turkish basketball and their own history this season. Squad full of garbage. İt will be very painfull to watch them , while wasting 200 minutes every single game with garbage players.

Comment

Yesilgiresun and their youngsters made it 2/2: Okben Ulubay with a great game again, 20pts on 75%fg, 6 reb, 4 ast in 33 mins. Emircan also got 33mins and scored 16 points on 63%fg. Even my fav player Taskiran got 16mins.

I hope KSK kicks Markovic's ass out, and brings someone who actually cares about team's future. Egemen Guven still rotting in the bench while his peers like Zizic, Arapovic dominate their leagues.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Egemen Guven... I remember watching this guy play a couple of years ago when he was the MVP of the Euro U 18 (?) and he was playing so good. Some were even comparing him to Pau Gasol which is probably too far fetched but shows how big his potential was. And ever since then this guy looks lost. He is not even playing for his team, basically his development stopped...
          Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
          Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

there is no guarantee a prospect will turn into a good player, but Egemen Guven has been simply wasted by his team, imho. We could not even see if his development was stopped, we have no idea... Maybe he would reach less than Arapovic, etc, but he'd be better than Savas or his teammate Geyik by now. Even when he was rocking, Ufuk Sarica did not him a single minute.

His peers, when given the chance are producing. Kosut & Ulubay are there... Today Muric got into foul trouble and Can Mutaf had very important role in Banvit's win agaisnt Dacka, with 22 points. Tolga Gecim (if healty) is another wasted talent in Banvit, which is ironically investing a lot in infrastructure.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
              Yesilgiresun and their youngsters made it 2/2: Okben Ulubay with a great game again, 20pts on 75%fg, 6 reb, 4 ast in 33 mins. Emircan also got 33mins and scored 16 points on 63%fg. Even my fav player Taskiran got 16mins.

I hope KSK kicks Markovic's ass out, and brings someone who actually cares about team's future. Egemen Guven still rotting in the bench while his peers like Zizic, Arapovic dominate their leagues.
              Bandırma Kırmızı doing great with its youngters too in second division. I respect İBB too. On the other hand I want two of Best Balıkesir, Muratbey Uşak, Gaziantep BB, Büyükçekmece to go down since they have no youth program and no vision after all. Nobody gives shit about nighter their RS Fenerbahçe-Efes winning, nor their glorious 8th play-off spot which they got swept anyhow. I also dont like Tofaş and Ene too. They like to brag about how important youngters to them. But in reality Ene gaved away only 18 minutes of total 400 to the youngters ( Kadir, Yiğit, Muhsin) and zero responsibility in the court. I don't know about you guys but it is called "hypocrisy" in my book.

Comment

Stimac for the MVP!

Comment

Hakeemir Stimajuwon putting up 19 pts and 11 reb and 2 blocks. Cleaning up Stimajuwon MVP!

Comment

Stimac has a short-term contract, and I think he's very motivated to prove he is worth paying... I'm quite sure he'll be kept.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                      Bandırma Kırmızı doing great with its youngters too in second division. I respect İBB too. On the other hand I want two of Best Balıkesir, Muratbey Uşak, Gaziantep BB, Büyükçekmece to go down since they have no youth program and no vision after all. Nobody gives shit about nighter their RS Fenerbahçe-Efes winning, nor their glorious 8th play-off spot which they got swept anyhow. I also dont like Tofaş and Ene too. They like to brag about how important youngters to them. But in reality Ene gaved away only 18 minutes of total 400 to the youngters ( Kadir, Yiğit, Muhsin) and zero responsibility in the court. I don't know about you guys but it is called "hypocrisy" in my book.
                      Gaziantep was supposed to go bankrupt and withdraw from the league, then suddenly decided to recruit a bunch of foreigners and then even attended the FIBA Europe cup... it's quite a bad sign for TBL actually, no planning nor infrastructure is needed. Just a few hundred thousand dollars.

I like Tofas as a club for bringing up players and using their core from last year, but they don't really use them. I completely agree, Orhun Ene is at fault here. He was disappointing imho in this respect with Banvit too. Mert Cevik has at least escaped to IBB and is getting minutes there. Yigit Arslan and Kadir are at ripe age and maturity to start getting significant roles too... but Ene's past is not convincing.

Comment

Stimac dropped 22pts and 15 rebounds. Pure MVP!

Stimajuwon is lighting up Istanbul

Comment

Erden finally in Dacka roster against Fenerbahce.
                          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

what a tough game dacka-fener

Comment

Good game between Besiktas - Dacka, on ntvspor.

Spor d?nyasında yaşanan son dakika gelişmeler, spor haberleri, transfer haberleri, takım kadroları, fikst?rler ve puan durumlarını NTVSpor ile takip edin.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                                Good game between Besiktas - Dacka, on ntvspor.

http://www.ntvspor.net/canli-yayin
                                some bad calls against Besiktas in Dacka favour.
                                I guess it's even easier to do that in TBL in comparison with EL.
                                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information