No announcement yet.

Turkish Basketball League - 2016/17 - Regular Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zvezda and serbian fans are making fun of Štimac but the truth is, in this year Zvezda Štimac would be gold for their team.

edit: double digits in first half against an EL team.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
      Zvezda and serbian fans are making fun of Štimac but the truth is, in this year Zvezda Štimac would be gold for their team.

edit: double digits in first half against an EL team.
      Stimac had a short term contract, for 2 months I think, but he's been really good for BJK. I guess it's extended by now.
      the last call was wrong, imho, the foul was after the clock had run out. But they watched it and gave 2 ft to Dacka.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        the last call was wrong, imho, the foul was after the clock had run out. But they watched it and gave 2 ft to Dacka.
        and not the only weird call in their favour.
        good game anyway.
        we have it live with croatian comentators on Sportklub 2.

Comment

Bjk Sompo Japan won the game 77-75

Dacka could win but Wannamaker missed last ball again!

Stimac 28 pts 5 reb

Comment

Besiktas won 77-75.
            great game to watch.
            I don't think any team had a lead bigger then 4 points after the first quarter.
            Štimac nailed it, 28 points on 12/14 from the floor with 5 rebounds and 1 block.
            monster game, he did what he want. whether it was rolling in pick&roll, attacking the basket or with back technique. he killed them.
            Aldemir was out with five fouls with 7-8 minutes to go, Erden played only in first quarter, Savas just couple of minutes.

Darussafaka has some very good players but Blatt is missing a leader. you can not play basketball with 5 leaders.

Comment

it's safe to say Stimac won the game for BJK. Aldemir is too weak a defender. They missed Slaughter here, Erden could do a better job too.

Darussafaka is struggling in TBL, with 3-3 W-L record so far. All their losses are with a few points though, just like in EL. Blatt keeps rotating players a bit too much, and in the last offense they lacked creativity. Everyone knew Wanamaker would take it 1 on 1 and try a jump shot... as he did in all similar cases... so Sarica put Clark on him (as the Turkish commentator on TV predicted).

Comment

Stimajuwon !

Comment

Yeşil Giresun and its youngters won again this time aganist Uşak at an away game. Okben was nice with 15-3-3, while another sympathic team İBB lost its best yongters Kartal to a ACL rupture injury which will sideline him all season, what a pity. While other teams doesnt give much chances to the young ones i want this two team to be in the league next season too. I don't care about other teams..

Comment

By the way,
                    I think best player of the season so far is Jordan Theodore of Banvit. I wanna see him in Euroleague next season.

Comment

Fenerbahce is doing wonders for turkish basketball. not.
                      beginning of fourth quarter and turkish players played 9 out of possible 160 minutes. 5,6%
                      Mahmutoglu 3 minutes and Hersek 6.
                      entire third quarter with no turkish players on court.
                      please don't call Dixon a turkish player.

at least Galatasaray plays some minutes with turkish players, 37% to be precise

edit: at the end Fener played turks for 22 minutes (11%) and Galatasaray 90 minutes (45%)
                      Last edited by Picek; 11-13-2016, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Fenerbahce is doing wonders for turkish basketball. not.
                        beginning of fourth quarter and turkish players played 9 out of possible 160 minutes. 5,6%
                        Mahmutoglu 3 minutes and Hersek 6.
                        entire third quarter with no turkish players on court.
                        please don't call Dixon a turkish player.

at least Galatasaray plays some minutes with turkish players, 37% to be precise

edit: at the end Fener played turks for 22 minutes (11%) and Galatasaray 90 minutes (45%)
                        in a Eurolegue contender, Minutes...

earned-not-given.jpg

Comment

I watched Banvit-Tofas match yesterday, a game between two clubs which are known to invest in youth bball... and most of the game was played 5 vs 5 only between foreigners. :/

Doesn't it feel a bit stupid watching this? Some dudes come, have fun between themselves and we pay tons of money for them... and then they leave... or switch clubs and keep the same routine... in the end we end up with a circus league below top 6-8 teams, and we cannot field 5 decent players for the NT.

I personally cannot think of a good solution for the puzzling situation of Turkish players... the answer might be either no foreigner quota at all, or a strict one with maybe a max of 2 or 3. The way it is now, i.e. 7 players, is probably the worst. 6-7 is a number that ensures at least 5-6 Turkish players per team finds contracts and actually none has to play.
                          Last edited by Levenspiel; 11-15-2016, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                            in a Eurolegue contender, Minutes...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9301[/ATTACH]
                            lame excuse.
                            so it is better to give 1 000 000 euro for a questionable serbian talent then to give that amount for some of the top turskih talent?
                            or are there no turkish talents?
                            it must be that. at least for Obradović and fenerbahce managament.

Comment

lame excuse.
                              so it is better to give 1 000 000 euro for a questionable serbian talent then to give that amount for some of the top turskih talent?
                              or are there no turkish talents?
                              it must be that. at least for Obradović and fenerbahce managament.
                              if my team was a low level europe team too I would agree with you.

kidding aside, Fenerbahçe is not a place to grow up.. that questinable serbian talent go all over Real Madrid last year and send Fener to Berlin while Turkish players sucks even in easy level TBL games.

Comment

how many teams in TBL are from Istanbul?
                                Fenerbahce
                                Darussafaka
                                Efes
                                Galatasaray
                                Besiktas
                                Buyukcekmece
                                Istanbul BB

anyone else?

Comment

Working...