Israelis Abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israelis Abroad

I know it's kinda late in the season, but I was wondering on how Israelis that played abroad did.

PG - Gal Mekel struggled with inconsistant play at Wichita St. Though he does show potential and is expected to eventually start at the 1.

He averaged 4.0 ppg; 1.1 rpg; 1.7 apg; 0.5 spg; 0.0bpg; in 13.0 mgp. Though his minutes, stats and play got better as the season rolled on.

Other players abroad: (not the whole list)

Jeron Roberts
    Chris Watson
    Afik Nissim
    David Bluthenthal
    Amit Tamir
    Gur Shelef
    Jonathan Skjoldebrand
    Seth Hauben
    Yariv Yatzkan

Wondering if anyone has info on how they are doing.

Amit Tamir recently signed for AEL-1964 (Larissa) in Greece and averages 3ppg and 1.3rpg in 7.5mpg (4 games).

Comment

It seems Raviv Limonad is going to leave Ironi Naharyia and try to sign a better contract in europe.
      Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Comment

Israel sheinfeld.
        was in greece in bulgaria this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin
          It seems Raviv Limonad is going to leave Ironi Naharyia and try to sign a better contract in europe.
          I was hoping he would go to Maccabi, are there any teams interested?

Comment

no he wont.
            jamie arnold just signed for dinamo moscow region for apr. 900K.

Comment

You can add the center Yaniv Green who wasn't successful in last seasons in Maccabi TA and now he signed one-year contract in Russia with CSK (Air Forces) Samara
              MACCABI TEL AVIV
              Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

well, arnold is counted out after he came back to Israel and signed with jerusalem a couple of weeks ago.
                Moshe Mizrahi also signed recently for racing paris.

Comment

Arnold will be counted out when Jerusalem will pay buyout to Dinamo Moscow region... Till than FIBA ruled he can't play anywhere
                  Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

Hi there

Just posting a link to hear raviv limonad who has been interviewed after the his game against l'asvel in Le Mans. Interview is in english though you will understand him easily (unlike our french journalists & their questions ).

Anyway, he did his best game so far since he's been in Le Mans (4/8 2 pointers, 3/5 three pointers, 4/4 on the free throws, 5 assists, 4 reb most notably in 25mn).
                    He struggles to get playtime mostly because of his defence at this time i think though everyone here is impressed with his ball handling (even if its too much at times) and scoring capacities.

Comment

Anyone have info on Phillip Lockett, an athletic Arg/U.S./Isr. forward? He is son of former NBA player by the same name.

Comment

Gal Mekel is in the NBA radar now. Last week, he worked out with the Bucks, today it will be with the Mavericks.
                        Sacramento Kings
                        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                          Gal Mekel is in the NBA radar now. Last week, he worked out with the Bucks, today it will be with the Mavericks.
                          Keep us updated, if you hear any news.
                          I really didn't like what I have seen from him two years ago. He held the ball too much, was a shaky shooter. Seems like he managed to become a better floor general by now.
                          burnstein

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                            I really didn't like what I have seen from him two years ago. He held the ball too much, was a shaky shooter. Seems like he managed to become a better floor general by now.
                            +1

And to think that Jerusalem didn't want to sign him before he joined Haifa, because they didn't want to give him an exit clause in his contract. I wonder what they think of it now
                            I'm not his biggest fan, but he is a good player and I wish him all the best.
                            5 times European champion
                            50 times domestic league champion
                            40 times domestic cup holders
                            4 times league cup holders
                            1 time Adriatic league champion
                            1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                              No news from the workout with the Mavericks, but after checking the various news sites, Raptors and Hawks seem to be interested with Mekel.
                              Sacramento Kings
                              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information