Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
    Maccabi and\or Jerusalem?
    I doubt that. Federations have a lot of issues with a too long schedule that leaves little room for national championships and traveling to Israel would make schedules of some teams even tighter.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
      I doubt that. Federations have a lot of issues with a too long schedule that leaves little room for national championships and traveling to Israel would make schedules of some teams even tighter.
      It is allways the possibility, to play back to back in Israel. One hour drive from both citys
      2022/2023:
      PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
      SG: Baldwin, Hollins
      SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
      PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
      PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
        Maccabi and\or Jerusalem?
        Not a possibility, I'm guessing at the end it will be played with 12 clubs as originally planned but instead od two slovenian clubs it will be FMP and one slovenian club..
        Well done Čović, he is the only one who got what he wanted..
        League is a joke..
        "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Laško won't participate.

Quite a story:
          Olimpija doesn't qualify and urgently begs for expansion of the league in order to be invited. They get the invitation, but they drop out.
          Zlatorog is protesting due to Olimpija being invited to the league instead of them. They get the invitation. They drop out.
          Helios creates a havoc for the national championship not being interesting enough, begs the federation for all clubs to participate in it from the start, since anything but ABA league isn't rentable for them. They get invited once, they refuse. They qualify this season, they refuse participation.

Welcome to Slovenia and have a nice day.
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Josko whats the problem ? is the money the biggest poblem at the moment ?.
            FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Money has been the problem since 2001/02 season, with the net debt ranging from 2-5/6M€ in that period. Ups and downs in that period, however at this particular moment Olimpija is nearing the point when they are questionable regarding servicing the remaining 2 M€ debt, budget lmost halved since 10 years ago, the atmosphere around the club is a catastrophy and basicaly now fans have it and more and more of them is calling for bankrupcy and starting all over again from the 4th league. The reason that didn't happen yet is due to decreased sponsorhip deals that would follow in that case and would increase the debt vs. revenues ratio.
              Loosing 7 National championship titles certanly didn't help, buyouts for the likes of Omić, Blažič and some others (exceptions Aron Baynes and Prepelič) were quite low, while the likes of Dončič, Čančar, Amar Gegić, Sulejmanović, Šiško and some others basicaly left the club for free and the ticket revenue is pretty low.

As far as Laško/Zlatorog goes, Heineken will cut on some of those sponsorship deals and both Laško and Olimpija are having the same issue. Laško asked for additional 300k€ to be competitive in the league, Heineken refused.

Comment

Seems like PF Emir Sulejmanovic(95', 6'9'') is the new Cibona player. Last couple of the years he was under contract with Barcelona, but most of the time played for Barcelona B.

Cibona coach Mulaomerovic is also coach of the Bosnian national team, both of him and Sulejmanovic are right now on the Bosnia national team preparations, so seems Mulaomerovic liked him and decided to take him in Cibona.
                Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

KK Karpos Sokoli from Skopje will probably join ABA. They must answer 14 of August http://sportmedia.mk/kosharka/aba-li...-vo-aba-ligata
                  FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

KONAČNO: Poznati su svi učesnici ABA lige!

Nakon pristupanja FMP-a ABA ligi naredne sezone, poznati su i 13. i 14. klub koji će igrati u regionalnom takmičenju, a to su ljubljanska Olimpija i Karpoš Sokoli iz Skoplja.
                    Posle mnogo nepoznanica prethodnih nedelja, konačno je formiran spisak svih učesnika za predstojeću sezonu.
                    Naime, Olimpija je prvo prihvatila učešće, pa odustala zbog finansijskih problema, ali je na kraju našla rešenje da i naredne sezone igra na Jadranu.
                    Karpoš Sokoli je makedonski predstavnik, prošle godine polufinalista tamošnjeg plej-ofa, a sa klupe ga predvodi naš trener Siniša Matić.
                    Srbija će imati četiri predstavnika, pored šampiona Crvene zvezde, igraće i Partizan, Mega Leks i FMP.
                    FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

at the end of the day Olimpija will play the league without paying for the wild card..

and second team from Skopje when even the first team is having problems assembling a team.
                      league is joke, with this kind of management it will self destruct completely in one year.

Comment

Shut your mouth, you cryd also bc MZT will play in Ulb cup and your joke team Cibona in joke Fiba CL.

Sutjeska did OK in ABA with players who used to play for Macedonian clubs Kumanovo and Kozuv.

But, how could Karpos agree to pay 150K, when Olimpija did not.
                        FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Paolo Marinelli signed for Cibona.
                          great move by Aco.
                          not only for Cibona but for our basketball as well.
                          too bad he lost a season with Olimpija but already last year on loan in Kvarner he was very good.

he is player that can be saved and returned to normal in terms of his projection and possibly useful for NT in years to come.

our roster is basically set:
                          PG Šiško, Marinelli, Uljarević
                          SG Johnson, Joksimović, Bošnjak, Mandić
                          SF Slavica, Rozić, Čorić
                          PF Šakić, Sulejmanović
                          C Žižić, Popić

this is our most talented roster in the last 20 years at least.
                          Last edited by Picek; 08-19-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I wish Paolo all the best, it's obvious he is very talented, that talent however will never get to the surface unless he does something major with his confidence, allround on and off court. He is a nice guy, that however isn't neccesarily the best personality for a bball player, especially a PG. That roster does indeed look very nice.

Olimpija signed Mulalič, Justin Robinson and Nikolić from Mega. Lorbek brothers were in calculations, however Erazem demanded 500.000 € and Domen, well... a sum he won't get anywhere else, maybee only in some lover level Russian team desperate for his type of player.

Jan Barbarič is a potential reinforcement (PG/SG 188cm, 1995), I love that guy, feisty, strong, a bit of a late boomer that has a potential for a serious euroleague career if things go his way, other than that the roster promises to be on lower level than last year. Last year however they played way under their abilities on average, so maybee it's about time this would turn in the opposite direction.

Comment

MZT so far: Xavier Thames, Jeremiah Massey, Josh Scott, Charlon Kloof, Uroš Lučić, Đorđe Drenovac, Jure Lalić, Damjan Stojnovski, Marko Simonovski, Ljubomir Mladenovski and Adem Mekić.

Much better team than last 2 years. Still waiting for Bo Makaleb and Stefan Snovec.

MZT will add one more playmaker and that should be Makaleb.
                              FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Zadar looking like candidate for last place unless Brzoja, Mazalin and Basic have break out season. Basic got injured and will miss 2-3 months
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information