Adriatic basketball league 2016/2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adriatic basketball league 2016/2017

After last season ended with 14 clubs it was decided that this year it will be only 12 participants.
    and that was o.k..
    it was like that up until couple of weeks ago when suddenly league was expanded back to 14 clubs because of Union Olimpija who received an invitation for Eurocup but had to be a member of ABA league to play in eurocup.
    so in order for them to play in ABA the league had to be expanded since they were not even in the slovenian league final last season.
    Zlatorog (I think i got the name of the club right) complained saying that they were better then U. Olimpija last year and yet they were not the one to receive the invitation.
    os U. Olimpija was supposed to be club nr. 13 and of course Čović used his influence to bring it's first club back to the league, so FMP as 14th club in the league and fourth serbian team.
    U. Olimpija was supposed to pay 150 000 € for the invitation.
    today was the final deadline for that, and of course they didn't make the payment.

now, no one is even thinking of going with the original plan of 12 teams and kicking FMP out.
    instead, a fourth croatian club will enter the league without having to pay for the invitation which Olimpija was supposed to pay.
    and it will be Kvarner (Rijeka based club) who finished fourth last year.

with this kind of over night decisions league is a joke especially with some playing with it as it is their own toy.
    and rest of the clubs accepting that as normal.

no wonder FIBA doesn't recognize this league anymore.
    joke league.

p.s. will U. Olimpija be allowed to play eurocup now?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Oh shut up, you are full of cow dong, who cares if Fiba recognizing something or not , nobody cares about Fiba's opinion about anything.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Are you done?

Comment

My apologies on Olimpija's behalf, they're trapped in circle between fans, sponsors, debt and reality. Due to fans and sponsors unable to face the reality we should have a long time ago. I know why they wanted the league to get back to 14 clubs, but I didn't support their reasoning back than, since it's running away from reality.

I don't think eurocup is reality for Olimpija at the moment, since probably the club will have big difficulties to stay in the first slovenian league.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Mate I am sorry for Olimpija, hope to see strong Olimpija in near future again. Bad news for league.

Comment

Helios withdrew as well..
            So it will be only Krka from Slovenia?
            League could be cut to 12 at the end, of course with FMP in it...
            Congratulations, they (league managament) have sucessfully made a joke out of the league propositions, rules and plans..

Comment

Apparently Zlatorog Laško has been invited to play the league.
              they have a deadline until friday to accept or decline the invitation.

btw. Zlatorog had more sport reasons to be invited even before Olimpija as they finished in front of them in slovenia last season..

anyway, if you know someone working for some club, tell him to send an email to the league managament.
              there is a big chance they could be invited to play the league.

Comment

Zlatorog had the ambitions to play in ABA in the past few years, however with Heineken taking over Laško brewery there are rumours they'll cut or at least rationalize some of their sport sponsorships (Union and Zlatorog are owned by the same brewery). Their budget was pretty decent in the past few years, however they woud need a smaller raise there to be competitive, if they manage to get those funds they'll probably accept.
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                  Zlatorog had the ambitions to play in ABA in the past few years, however with Heineken taking over Laško brewery there are rumours they'll cut or at least rationalize some of their sport sponsorships (Union and Zlatorog are owned by the same brewery). Their budget was pretty decent in the past few years, however they woud need a smaller raise there to be competitive, if they manage to get those funds they'll probably accept.
                  I read somewhere that after Olimpija received invitation they were complaining the invitation should have first been offered to them.
                  and they had every right to complain.
                  now that the invitation is there the question is what will they do?

Comment

Gypsy league. Totaly neregularna liga all is fixed.. No point to invest money as long you dont have a finger in the aba uprava.

Aba is a pivate league thats the naked truth. Wos not supposed to be like this with Fiba as owner.

Thats why MZT has budget 500.000 euro an RK Vardar 10.000.000.
                    FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Biggest problem is the mentality with balcan people. as long no scandinavian mentality exist all this is point less.

icek Croats aint better than Serbs, same shit. Just look what they did to FK Vardar and owner Samsonenko who invested 10 milion euros also in the football club not only handball. Biggest robbery in the history of football. thieves. kupi avtogol u skopje i 2 penala u zagreb.

Mamic, Covic.. all is same shit. is better to not have anything to do with people like you.

Balcan getto of europe..
                      FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                        I read somewhere that after Olimpija received invitation they were complaining the invitation should have first been offered to them.
                        and they had every right to complain.
                        now that the invitation is there the question is what will they do?
                        Yeah, that was the case there, they considered it unfair not to be offered participation before Olimpija, while not saying anything about what they would do in case such invitation occured.

Comment

6'3" PG Mirko Djeric ('95) who carried Australia to the 2012 U17 World Championship Final has been granted a release from Sydney Kings and will join FMP.

Comment

Kvarner did not accept invitation.
                            Who is next?
                            Circus continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                              Kvarner did not accept invitation.
                              Who is next?
                              Circus continues.
                              Maccabi and\or Jerusalem?