No announcement yet.

2016 FIBA Asia Under-18 Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philippines lost to thailand 74-71. That is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese NT View Post
      Philippines lost to thailand 74-71. That is weird.
      It isnt't since there is no sea championship in the line, there is no sense of urgency for us, still ball is round we can give a shot in qf and try to win the game vs india if we straighten things up hopefully..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
        It isnt't since there is no sea championship in the line, there is no sense of urgency for us, still ball is round we can give a shot in qf and try to win the game vs india if we straighten things up hopefully..
        If you end up 4th you most probably will face us in the quarters . Korea won againt iran which sealed the deal for Lebanon as 1st in the group.

Comment

Since Group B matches ended first, I shall present the scenarios for the group ahead of Group A.

1 - LIB 4-0
          2 - KOR 3-1
          3 - JPN 2-2
          4 - IRI 2-2
          o - KAZ 1-3
          x - INA 0-4

Remaining Matches:

JPN - KAZ
          KOR - INA
          IRI - LIB

Assume Korea wins Indonesia. Lebanon and Korea will be locked at #1 and #2 respectively regardless of the results of the Iran - Lebanon game.

If Japan wins, they gain #3 seed, Iran the #4 seed, Kazakhstan is out.

If Kazakhstan and Iran win, Iran gains #3, Kazakshtan #4, Japan is out.

If Kazakhstan and Lebanon win, a triple tie will occur between Iran, Japan, and Kazakhstan. Iran has a huge quotient over Kazakhstan, so Kazakhstan needs to beat Japan by 18 points or more to advance to the next round, and by 59 points or more (VERY unlikely) to gain #3 seed in the group.
          Last edited by judasmartel; 07-26-2016, 04:26 PM.
          Originally posted by gideon
          Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

If you end up 4th you most probably will face us in the quarters . Korea won againt iran which sealed the deal for Lebanon as 1st in the group.
            well see we hope to paly our best and good luck to both of us then..but really Taiwan and China sent a special team here..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

With the way we are playing, I'd rather we finish 5th and exit the tournament this easily. this is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Lebanon should win easily by 20 if we make it. I don't like our chances.

Good luck. I hope you can upset Iran or china on the way.
              GILAS WISHLIST:
              6'8 Pingris

Comment

Group A

1 - CHN 4-0
                2 - TPE 3-1
                3 - IND 2-2
                o - PHI 1-3 (+14)
                o - IRQ 1-3 (-1)
                o - THA 1-3 (-13)

Remaining Matches:

CHN - THA
                TPE - IRQ
                PHI - IND

Assume China and Taiwan win their final assignments in Group A. The Philippines and India advance to the next round.

Winner of the Philippines - India match gets the #3 seed, the loser gets the #4 seed.

Since Lebanon and Korea have already locked in the top 2 seeds in Group B, it's just a matter of "picking your poison" for both the Philippines and India.

So more or less, the QF matchups will look like this:

China - Iran
                Korea - Philippines/India
                Taiwan - Japan
                Philippines/India - Lebanon
                Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

why Gulf countries like Qatar not compete U18 this year?
                  Last edited by hunight; 07-27-2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                    With the way we are playing, I'd rather we finish 5th and exit the tournament this easily. this is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Lebanon should win easily by 20 if we make it. I don't like our chances.

Good luck. I hope you can upset Iran or china on the way.
                    Iran now is 90% in 4th place so they will be facing china in the quarters. One of them will be eliminated soon and the 2nd we wont meet until final if we reached it.

Comment

Lebanese youngsters do not lack talent but good preparation and a good league for them ( which is almost inexistant here in lebanon). While korea and china take care of their youngsters. Today you saw an organized team which automatically translated into a win. I hope they continue with the same level. Only 3 teams qualify to the worlds and china is almost a lock in 1st place and Iran the host 2nd.
                      No No No!!!Lebanon is alomost a lock in 1st place.Iran and South Korea maybe 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by McCalebb2015 View Post
                        No No No!!!Lebanon is alomost a lock in 1st place.Iran and South Korea maybe 2nd.
                        This post was before the iran losing to japan then south korea. What i meant by China locked in 1st place, i meant in the whole tournament not in their respective group.

Comment

Now that Group B is pretty much done regardless of the results of the Iran-Lebanon match, the Philippines-India match will be very interesting.

The playoff bracket spreads out like this:

China - Iran
                          Korea - Philippines / India
                          Taiwan - Japan
                          Lebanon - Philippines / India

Here's the thing.

If you are the Philippines, do you want to face your old nemesis against whom you have lost time and time again, THEN an uber-powerful Chinese team that just rekt you hard in the group stage assuming you could even get past the former; OR do you want to face an inspired and hungry Lebanese team, THEN a relatively easier but still powerful Taiwanese team that just rekt you hard in the group stage assuming you could even get past the former?

If you are India, do you want to face an uber-powerful Korean team THEN an uber-powerful Chinese team assuming you can even get past the former, OR an inspired and hiungry Lebanese team, THEN a relatively easier but still powerful Taiwanese team that just rekt you hard in the group stage assuming you could even get past the former?

"Pick your poison" cannot be stressed enough here.

Comment

Welp, typical Coach Mike Oliver fashion. 105-82 Philippines over India.

Playoff brackets are now complete.

China - Iran
                            Korea - Philippines
                            Taiwan - Japan
                            Lebanon - India

Comment

South korea 93-85 philippines. philippines kept it close for 3 quarters and a half until korea made the run in the last minutes of quarter 4. Korea will meat the winner between iran and china in the semis

Comment

Japan 77-71 chinese taipe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information