Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 FIBA Asia Under-18 Championship

Hi, do you know how can we download videos (game replays) from telewebion

This tweet though.

akatsuki.jpg

@CKR13 Have Japanese fans always called their U18 NT the Akatsuki or is it just recently that they did?

Akatsuki in Japanese means "Crimson Moon", and is the name of the villainous organization in the Japanese manga series Naruto.

Even Japanese basketball fans know their manga.
    Me when Gilas finished dead last in the World Cup and Wesley So won a Chess championship for the United States instead of the Philippines:

Sige basketball pa, kulelat naman sa World Cup. Kaya tayo ipinagpalit ni Wesley So sa Amerika eh.

Are we Filipinos still on about basketball when we finished dead last at the World Cup? No wonder Wesley So left us for the States.

Another monster game from Ihab Al-Zuhairi with 45 points on 21-30 FG and 24 rebounds as Iraq picks up its first victory in the tournament against Thailand, 92-76.

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    This tweet though.

akatsuki.jpg

@CKR13 Have Japanese fans always called their U18 NT the Akatsuki or is it just recently that they did?

Akatsuki in Japanese means "Crimson Moon", and is the name of the villainous organization in the Japanese manga series Naruto.

Even Japanese basketball fans know their manga.
    JBA changed the branding of the National Team after signing a four year apparel agreement with Under Armour. Akatsuki, in the classic Nihon literature was attributed to the Red Dawn in the land of the rising sun. Red Dawn symbolizes a new beginning in which JBA ascribes it to the new age of Japanese basketball -- presumably for the better.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

We can know watch the games on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    JBA changed the branding of the National Team after signing a four year apparel agreement with Under Armour. Akatsuki, in the classic Nihon literature was attributed to the Red Dawn in the land of the rising sun. Red Dawn symbolizes a new beginning in which JBA ascribes it to the new age of Japanese basketball -- presumably for the better.
    New age indeed. Hopefully, Kuroko's Basketball manga can help revive the glory of Japanese basketball like Slam Dunk did in the 90's.
    Me when Gilas finished dead last in the World Cup and Wesley So won a Chess championship for the United States instead of the Philippines:

Sige basketball pa, kulelat naman sa World Cup. Kaya tayo ipinagpalit ni Wesley So sa Amerika eh.

Are we Filipinos still on about basketball when we finished dead last at the World Cup? No wonder Wesley So left us for the States.

Lebanon has just beaten japan 73-51 to secure their 4th consecutive win. if korea beats iran today, lebanon will top their group . IF irans wins today then the winner between lebanon and iran tomorrow will end 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by lebanese NT View Post
    Lebanon has just beaten japan 73-51 to secure their 4th consecutive win. if korea beats iran today, lebanon will top their group . IF irans wins today then the winner between lebanon and iran tomorrow will end 1st.
    Wow, your U18 now is much stronger than the U16 one. A win against Iran would solidify that.

Unfortunately for us, that would mean our boys will have to face them in the quarters should Iran win against Korea today.

I am intrigued with the #OurPride hashtag. Is your U18 coach some kind of a legend in Lebanon?

Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Wow, your U18 now is much stronger than the U16 one. A win against Iran would solidify that.

Unfortunately for us, that would mean our boys will have to face them in the quarters should Iran win against Korea today.

I am intrigued with the #OurPride hashtag. Is your U18 coach some kind of a legend in Lebanon?
    no he is not. He is new to the basketball scene in lebanon but for sure one of the most rising coaches in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamartine View Post
    Hi, do you know how can we download videos (game replays) from telewebion
    Here you go. http://www.telewebion.com/#!/episode/1483309/
    You've got LEB-KOR and LEB-INA.
    If you can't find them just ask me, but I think that you will be able to read what is showed.

Philippines lost to thailand 74-71. That is weird.

Philippines lost to thailand 74-71. That is weird.
    It isnt't since there is no sea championship in the line, there is no sense of urgency for us, still ball is round we can give a shot in qf and try to win the game vs india if we straighten things up hopefully..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    It isnt't since there is no sea championship in the line, there is no sense of urgency for us, still ball is round we can give a shot in qf and try to win the game vs india if we straighten things up hopefully..
    If you end up 4th you most probably will face us in the quarters . Korea won againt iran which sealed the deal for Lebanon as 1st in the group.

Since Group B matches ended first, I shall present the scenarios for the group ahead of Group A.

1 - LIB 4-0
    2 - KOR 3-1
    3 - JPN 2-2
    4 - IRI 2-2
    o - KAZ 1-3
    x - INA 0-4

Remaining Matches:

JPN - KAZ
    KOR - INA
    IRI - LIB

Assume Korea wins Indonesia. Lebanon and Korea will be locked at #1 and #2 respectively regardless of the results of the Iran - Lebanon game.

If Japan wins, they gain #3 seed, Iran the #4 seed, Kazakhstan is out.

If Kazakhstan and Iran win, Iran gains #3, Kazakshtan #4, Japan is out.

If Kazakhstan and Lebanon win, a triple tie will occur between Iran, Japan, and Kazakhstan. Iran has a huge quotient over Kazakhstan, so Kazakhstan needs to beat Japan by 18 points or more to advance to the next round, and by 59 points or more (VERY unlikely) to gain #3 seed in the group.
    Last edited by judasmartel; 07-26-2016 at 04:26 PM.

If you end up 4th you most probably will face us in the quarters . Korea won againt iran which sealed the deal for Lebanon as 1st in the group.
    well see we hope to paly our best and good luck to both of us then..but really Taiwan and China sent a special team here..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

With the way we are playing, I'd rather we finish 5th and exit the tournament this easily. this is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Lebanon should win easily by 20 if we make it. I don't like our chances.

Good luck. I hope you can upset Iran or china on the way.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Group A

1 - CHN 4-0
    2 - TPE 3-1
    3 - IND 2-2
    o - PHI 1-3 (+14)
    o - IRQ 1-3 (-1)
    o - THA 1-3 (-13)

Remaining Matches:

CHN - THA
    TPE - IRQ
    PHI - IND

Assume China and Taiwan win their final assignments in Group A. The Philippines and India advance to the next round.

Winner of the Philippines - India match gets the #3 seed, the loser gets the #4 seed.

Since Lebanon and Korea have already locked in the top 2 seeds in Group B, it's just a matter of "picking your poison" for both the Philippines and India.

So more or less, the QF matchups will look like this:

China - Iran
    Korea - Philippines/India
    Taiwan - Japan
    Philippines/India - Lebanon

why Gulf countries like Qatar not compete U18 this year?
    Last edited by hunight; 07-27-2016 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    With the way we are playing, I'd rather we finish 5th and exit the tournament this easily. this is an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Lebanon should win easily by 20 if we make it. I don't like our chances.

Good luck. I hope you can upset Iran or china on the way.
    Iran now is 90% in 4th place so they will be facing china in the quarters. One of them will be eliminated soon and the 2nd we wont meet until final if we reached it.

Lebanese youngsters do not lack talent but good preparation and a good league for them ( which is almost inexistant here in lebanon). While korea and china take care of their youngsters. Today you saw an organized team which automatically translated into a win. I hope they continue with the same level. Only 3 teams qualify to the worlds and china is almost a lock in 1st place and Iran the host 2nd.
    No No No!!!Lebanon is alomost a lock in 1st place.Iran and South Korea maybe 2nd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast