Atempted Military coup in Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Lebowski View Post
    It looked "a bit" staged as a way for Erdogan to increase his power. But would have it been a real loss or a real victory if Coup was achieved? Or is it a real loss or a victory that Coup failed?
    As stated by my countrymen before, it's a loss loss situation. I personally cannot decide which one would be worse.

Erdogan is gonna use this opportunity to clean out any remaining resistance. He's truly happy, his face is shining with joy...

We were never a true democracy, due to military's constant, overhanging shadow, but at least we had state institutions and a reliable election system which somehow made the country a reasonably livable place, with a potential to get fully democratic. within the last 10 years, the institutions have gone, election results became questionable, and people have become strongly divided between 2 camps.

After yesterday, it's probably the end of Turkish Republic as we know it.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

That look though...

6e24dcbc2df2cbdbe13aabc7ff84b677.jpg

Comment

More than 50 generals from Turkish army have been arrested by the government forces. Here is the questioning video of some generals: https://twitter.com/anadoluajansi/st...10126192230401 They were beaten and tortured by policemen and seems like pro-coup soldiers and supporters in the army is bigger than we thought, it's very hard to understand how they failed so bad. Yes, they weren't well-organized, failed to capture Erdoğan, despite the bombing and raid attempt on his residence in Marmaris when he was on vacation but should have had still so much chance to achieve with this number of generals.

Anyway, I'd been stuck between the army and protestors, my heart said no, my brain said yes. I'm against the coups in principle but also see that secular Turkish state is totally over and this was our last chance. I have to listen my heart to be happier at this moment. In each case, gov. or coup wins, we would lose and yes, I'm a looser now
        Last edited by turk-jugoslav; 07-17-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
          More than 50 generals from Turkish army have been arrested by the government forces. Here is the questioning video of some generals: https://twitter.com/anadoluajansi/st...10126192230401 They were beaten and tortured by policemen and seems like pro-coup soldiers and supporters in the army is bigger than we thought, it's very hard to understand how they failed so bad. Yes, they weren't well-organized, failed to capture Erdoğan, despite the bombing and raid attempt on his residence in Marmaris when he was on vacation but should have had still so much chance to achieve with this number of generals.

Anyway, I'd been stuck between the army and protestors, my heart said no, my brain said yes. I'm against the coups in principle but also see that secular Turkish state is totally over and this was our last chance. I have to listen my heart to be happier at this moment. In each case, gov. or coup wins, we would lose and yes, I'm a looser now
          Is it all over now, or still fights or dangerous in the streets?
          2022/2023:
          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Roy M View Post
            Is it all over now, or still fights or dangerous in the streets?
            No danger or fight in the streets, it's all over. Only a few armed conflict happened today, some soldiers resisted not to surrender but failed and arrested. Some armed conflicts still may happen because some pro-coup soldiers, who attempted to raid Erdoğan's residence, are hiding in the forest of Marmaris and might open fire at policement not to lay down arms but no chance, it's over. Noone can beat Erdoğan in Turkey.

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
              Noone can beat Erdoğan in Turkey.
              I disagree. He'll eventually die. I guess

I was not sure in the beginning but now I'm quite convinced this was a set-up. Not necessarily organized by RTE, but definitely known in advance by him. He was scared like he saw ghost during Gezi protests, but during the coup attempt, he was flying around when rebel F16s are bombing the parliament? No way. He knew he was safe. His hotel being conveniently bombed after he had left and airport being "attacked" when he was not there are just decorations.

Every time he was cornered, he invented something new... huge corruption scandal --> "parallels"; lost election --> separatists Kurds; fake diploma, approaching economical crisis, presidential dream fading away ---> coup d'etat... by this last act, he has almost consumed every trick in the book. I wonder what is his next move?
              Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-17-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Emperor Palpatine would be proud of Erdogan.

Crazy purge of Military, Police and Judges.

How can you know that in just 2 days 10,000 people are traitors? Obviously it was on the books and Erdogan found the perfect excuse.

Just like the 911 job. The USA had knowledge that is was going to happen and they just allowed it so they can take whatever measures they wanted in the name of National Security.
                Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

I am wondering what Erdogans plans are right now where the way is free to shape his country as he likes?

Is he planning to introduce an islamic respublic similar to that of Iran with elections and some sort of restricted democracy and a muslimic council on top which decides all important issues?
                  For sure he will end every anti islamic policy from the former secularist turkish republic. Discrimination agaisnt muslimic shools and so on.
                  You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                    I am wondering what Erdogans plans are right now where the way is free to shape his country as he likes?

Is he planning to introduce an islamic respublic similar to that of Iran with elections and some sort of restricted democracy and a muslimic council on top which decides all important issues?
                    For sure he will end every anti islamic policy from the former secularist turkish republic. Discrimination agaisnt muslimic shools and so on.
                    We don't know what's the next. I guess Erdoğan wants the combination of Egypt-type and Iran-type islamic state rather than pure Iranian model. Egypt is half-secular and half-islamic state without any democratic instution, Iran is fully islamic state with some restricted democratic inst. and closed election system. IMO, Turkey won't be fully islamic, secular life style will be limited but not forbidden just like Egypt, elections will be held on the basis of islam just like Iran. Before the election of Erdoğan, There were 30 000 students in the islamic schools of Turkey and these students only were allowed to be cleric(imam and hatip). As of 2016, there are more than 1.5m!!! students in these schools and they are allowed to be whatever they want: engineer, doctor, lawyer,etc. In social life, we feel that Islam is getting more dominant in every single day and the number of women who cover their heads are rapidy increasing. Honestly, this coup d'etat was the last chance to be back to old secular days despite the fatal incidents carried out by army forces. Anyway, Secular Turkish State is almost officially over and we are waiting for what they'll put in its place.

Edit: Prime Minister has clarified the death toll so far: 60 policemen, 3 pro-gov. soldiers and 145 civilians. In addition, more than 100 pro-coup soldiers died and some still are dying while resisting against gov. forces in some local points.
                    Last edited by turk-jugoslav; 07-18-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Probably that, but gradually as it was already happening. Maybe at a faster pace now. Whoever objects, or even raises questions, will be called a traitor, and be eliminated.

More than anything, he needed his people/mob on the streets as an experiment of religious revolution. if needed. Like in Iran. And these people, ordinary citizens, will be the ones cutting heads, literally. This is the most dangerous thing and it kinda happened. The fabric of the society is already corrupted and it stinks like hell. For example, I have already been labeled as traitor even by my cousin, a person I thought as brother, and I have a feeling he'll have no issues in handing me over to authorities if the time comes.

btw I found one last trick Erdogan still can use: an assassination attempt. Failed, of course. Wait for it.

Comment

I don't know what to say. I feel really sad. I have a colleague and friend of turkish origin here in Germany. We discuss a lot about politics since both of us are fed up with politics in the homelands of our parents. I already applied for German citizenships many years ago since my parents left Greece during the military coup 1968. He decided to do the same this year. So we are both German compatriots now. If the situation get worse in Turkey he expect more secular people to search for shelter in Europe and Germany especially. From my judegement reasonable people are always welcome in Germany especially those who have good education.
                        You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                          btw I found one last trick Erdogan still can use: an assassination attempt. Failed, of course. Wait for it.
                          He will of course spice up the things. Erdoğan gets poisoned like Turgut Özal, newsflashes on TV channels, he is taken to the hospital and his health is deteriorating. All AKP and possible AKP voters become alarmed, they are on the streets and bring an accusation against the opposition side. Thousands of people wait for the good news from Erdoğan in front of the hospital. Such a tense wait, but hey what is going there, Erdoğan is extremely exhausted but still wants to wave a greeting to his brothers and sisters from his sickroom. Thousands of people witness this epic moment, they are chanting for him with tearful eyes. This show turns into AKP demonstration and Erdoğan cries in front of millions.

Votes from 42% to 50%.
                          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I don't know what to say. I feel really sad. I have a colleague and friend of turkish origin here in Germany. We discuss a lot about politics since both of us are fed up with politics in the homelands of our parents. I already applied for German citizenships many years ago since my parents left Greece during the military coup 1968. He decided to do the same this year. So we are both German compatriots now. If the situation get worse in Turkey he expect more secular people to search for shelter in Europe and Germany especially. From my judegement reasonable people are always welcome in Germany especially those who have good education.
                            Thanks for your sensitive emotions and wishes. Actually many Turkish white-collar seculars think of leaving homeland since the situation is getting worse and the country getting more islamic but it's not that easy. Developed countries like Germay seek very highly qualified workers and most of us don't fit it. For instance, me as a lawyer and an attorney, my job is fully based on local conditions and very hard to emigrate another country since my education and language skills are very limited. I'm afraid I'll have to live here forever

Comment

Kanter received death threats over twitter because of the failed coup..

I guess Croatia isn't the only country where a huge number of people are idiots..
                              stupidity is universal.
                              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

He is Kurdish right?

Well, they are people to. Tough, better call them seckta despite being far from it. But bomb them and help Isis as you do.

Still hope there is hope for all normal Turkish people
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information