Turkish NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
    I am content with the performance of young core of the team. What really matters the most is how Korkmaz, Osman and Sipahi are performing in this tournament since they are regarded as the first players that represent the metamorphosis in NT. They have showed some pleasing promises in preparation period and tournament. This is just a message straight to Turkish basketball community that our target players from recent generations can lead the NT if they are paved the way for playing in their club teams. Korkmaz is the most suitable sample man for this case, he had been rotting on Efes bench and lost his confidence. He questioned his career and made a very good decision by moving to Banvit. Regaining confidence, standing a very good role there and centring basketball into his life were the things remained him from Banvit days. He is a great acquisition for Turkish basketball, he came out of deep mentally to the apparent ground. Only if Ulubay would have not committed a suicide by joining Daçka, he would make a good effect on this Turkish team. What's done is done, there is nothing to do on past.
    I'm an Efes supporter, but this is true. Once the main developer prospects, Efes has become a graveyard of talents after Ivkovic's first year. (Even Guler and Atsur wasted valuable years at Efes). There was a sharp turn then, I don't know why. Ivkovic was giving crucial minutes to Korkmaz, Cedi, Baykan, Kosut on EL games, and we actually lost a few games due to that, NN game in Russia for example, but then suddenly he stopped. Probably something went wrong with the management.

the thing is, Efes is still has the best and hottest prospects (Bitim, Mustafa, Saybir, etc) along with Banvit on youth levels. I really hope Efes changes itself. or those kids run away and save themselves.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

PG: Berk Uğurlu and Kadir Bayram
      SG: Erkin Şenel, Yiğit Arslan, Alp Karahan, Enes Taşkıran and Tayfun Erülkü
      SF: Tolga Geçim and Erkan Yılmaz
      PF: Ege Arar, Metin Türen
      C: Ömer Yurtseven and Berke Atar
      yeah, we like to fantasize about our bright future, but it's getting gloomy the way the teams treat the prospects. Hope this tournament shows them the way, if they care that is.

so my comment on your fantasy roster would be as follows

--> Always a sub to Ugurlu at youth NTs, Kadir has actually developed better imho.

--> Erkin has obviously improved over last year, great run with u18, and he will be with senior team at Banvit. I'd take Arslan and Taskiran here, thye gotta make that jump this year. I'm afraid Erulku is a lost cause (isn't he a PG?), and Karahan was never impressive (to me). I also like Mert Cevik, the guy can shoot and he's getting ok minutes.

Good candidates. also Arna. We cannot disregard Ulubay yet either. isn't Yilmaz a PF?

Arar was already better than all our current NT bigs, except Erden, he'll be there for sure. Turen, not so optimistic. Durmaz is a better candiate, and he should be getting minutes (hopefully).

they should break out or get close to that, yes. Also (still) Egemen Guven and Emrican Kosut. Ahmet Can Duran is I think relegated from the prospects by now. Alemdaroglu will be at STBL this year, he was once a bright prospect too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
        the thing is, Efes is still has the best and hottest prospects (Bitim, Mustafa, Saybir, etc) along with Banvit on youth levels. I really hope Efes changes itself. or those kids run away and save themselves.
        Seeing Bitim, Mustafa and Saybir in Efes roster is a little bit worrisome unlike what most of the Efes fans think. 6 foreigners+2 washed-up Balbay and Batuk in league roster will dominate the minutes. They may only play in garbage time which doesn't improve players as we have seen most of the time. Efes should loan these guys with great potential to a team where they can get consistent minutes. Terminating the link with Pertevniyal was a very bad choice as it seems. Osman and Korkmaz had taken the first step in senior basketball in Pertevniyal. Federation shouldn't allow teams to make young players sitting on bench just to fill the domestic player quota. That's beyond stupidity.
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

--> Always a sub to Ugurlu at youth NTs, Kadir has actually developed better imho.
          Actually there was no particular order among my list. I just the wrote the names that came to my mind in a minute without thinking too much They both need to develop a lot to contribute in NT, but Kadir Bayram has a good work ethic. Recently been in US and worked with few player development coaches.

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          --> Erkin has obviously improved over last year, great run with u18, and he will be with senior team at Banvit. I'd take Arslan and Taskiran here, thye gotta make that jump this year. I'm afraid Erulku is a lost cause (isn't he a PG?), and Karahan was never impressive (to me). I also like Mert Cevik, the guy can shoot and he's getting ok minutes.
          Erülkü is a combo-guard, but a more SG to my taste. Mert Çevik is a catch and shooter, nothing more (he is quite good at it though).

Good candidates. also Arna. We cannot disregard Ulubay yet either. isn't Yilmaz a PF?
          Yılmaz is a pure SF. I don't see Arna cracking the rotation.

Arar was already better than all our current NT bigs, except Erden, he'll be there for sure. Turen, not so optimistic. Durmaz is a better candiate, and he should be getting minutes (hopefully).
          Durmaz is too overrated I think. Türen doesn't have a high ceiling, but can be a good back-up PF option for this team in future.

they should break out or get close to that, yes. Also (still) Egemen Guven and Emrican Kosut. Ahmet Can Duran is I think relegated from the prospects by now. Alemdaroglu will be at STBL this year, he was once a bright prospect too.
          Güven and Koşut are the prospects that I dislike. Both character and talent wise. Lazy and soft players. Duran is injured and even if he would be healthy, don't think Obradovic would trust him even in league. Alemdaroğlu is done. Already a second-league traveler. Sad.
          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• TBF should build a U21 team in BSL, U19 team in B1L as soon as possible.
            Clubs generally add young players as 11th-15th, they may dislike this idea but TBF can give them extra foreigner spot to solve the problem.
            FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
            Wanamaker - Guduric - Melih
            Datome - Nunnally - Egehan
            Melli - Kalinic - Barış
            Vesely - Thompson - Ahmet

Comment

I am content with the performance of young core of the team. What really matters the most is how Korkmaz, Osman and Sipahi are performing in this tournament since they are regarded as the first players that represent the metamorphosis in NT. They have showed some pleasing promises in preparation period and tournament. This is just a message straight to Turkish basketball community that our target players from recent generations can lead the NT if they are paved the way for playing in their club teams. Korkmaz is the most suitable sample man for this case, he had been rotting on Efes bench and lost his confidence. He questioned his career and made a very good decision by moving to Banvit. Regaining confidence, standing a very good role there and centring basketball into his life were the things remained him from Banvit days. He is a great acquisition for Turkish basketball, he came out of deep mentally to the apparent ground. Only if Ulubay would have not committed a suicide by joining Daçka, he would make a good effect on this Turkish team. What's done is done, there is nothing to do on past.

2020 Olympics is the realistic goal for us. If the federation takes timely precaution to avoid these players rotting, I highly see us joining Olympics. Driving 2 or 3 quality players from the new generation through NT bound every year is achievable. Just brainstorming to see who may leap forward this season given that projections on roles in their teams;

Speaking for 2017-2018 season, these players are likely to be considered as the NT player candidates next summer.
              How about Eray Akyuz, I think he will be the No.1 PG of this NT in the future. He has a high BB IQ, can pass and shoot. Although I like Berk Ugurlu, he is limited due to his shooting (reminds me a bit of a PG version of Sinan Guler). I also think Arna will develop into a solid NT player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakz View Post
                How about Eray Akyuz, I think he will be the No.1 PG of this NT in the future. He has a high BB IQ, can pass and shoot. Although I like Berk Ugurlu, he is limited due to his shooting (reminds me a bit of a PG version of Sinan Guler). I also think Arna will develop into a solid NT player.
                Akyüz is my favorite Turkish PG prospect The thing is, this list is not the 'Future Turkish NT', it is just who will come into prominence incoming season. It is just a projection by basing upon one year long period. Akyüz is good, he can be ready until 2020.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• The tourney is over for us. No success to record, but tons of hope to build on. This seems to be our underlying theme for the last decade on NT; prospects & hope.

let's rate the team.

every and each players gets full credit for effort.

Grade replacement (today)
                  D. Balbay 3 B. Ermis
                  K. Sipahi 6
                  S. Guler 3
                  M. Mahmutoglu 7
                  G. Koksal 2 M. Baygul
                  F. Korkmaz 7
                  C. Osman 9
                  E. Veyseloglu 3 T. Gecim
                  B. Hersek 3 E. Arar
                  S. Sanli 3
                  F. Aldemir 3 O. Yurtseven
                  S. Erden 7

Comment

The tourney is over for us. No success to record, but tons of hope to build on. This seems to be our underlying theme for the last decade on NT; prospects & hope.

let's rate the team.

D. Balbay 3 B. Ermis
                    K. Sipahi 6
                    S. Guler 3
                    M. Mahmutoglu 7
                    G. Koksal 2 M. Baygul
                    F. Korkmaz 7
                    C. Osman 9
                    E. Veyseloglu 3 T. Gecim
                    B. Hersek 3 E. Arar
                    S. Sanli 3
                    S. Erden 7
                    Send Koksal our way, we will send back Bircevic

Comment

The tourney is over for us. No success to record, but tons of hope to build on. This seems to be our underlying theme for the last decade on NT; prospects & hope.

let's rate the team.

D. Balbay 3 B. Ermis
                      K. Sipahi 6
                      S. Guler 3
                      M. Mahmutoglu 7
                      G. Koksal 2 M. Baygul
                      F. Korkmaz 7
                      C. Osman 9
                      E. Veyseloglu 3 T. Gecim
                      B. Hersek 3 E. Arar
                      S. Sanli 3
                      S. Erden 7
                      Melih 8
                      Korkmaz 6

I agree about other players

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                        Send Koksal our way, we will send back Bircevic
                        thanks. take him for free...

Comment

• At the end seems that we were in the hardest group
                          Three teams from our group passed rather easily to QF.
                          We had more or less egal games with all teams in the group but missed player who is capable to break the game. In Fener Dixon is doing that all the time and we needed him a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                            At the end seems that we were in the hardest group
                            Three teams from our group passed rather easily to QF.
                            We had more or less egal games with all teams in the group but missed player who is capable to break the game. In Fener Dixon is doing that all the time and we needed him a lot.
                            Dixon? No thanks, let him be yours. Playing irrelevant naturalized players in NT is just a way to deceive ourselves. If the federation is after this kind of easiness to solve the problem, they should resign without thinking without a second. No more naturalized player in this NT. We are fed up with cheap moves through saving the day.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Dixon? No thanks, let him be yours. Playing irrelevant naturalized players in NT is just a way to deceive ourselves. If the federation is after this kind of easiness to solve the problem, they should resign without thinking without a second. No more naturalized player in this NT. We are fed up with cheap moves through saving the day.
                              You missed the point of my post like always. It's not about Dixon personaly, we were good through the tournament but missed player who can break the game like Bogdan did against us. We don't have one and what we should do now? Wait 20 years for "basketball killer"? Do you understand how close we were to make something big on our homecourt? We were close in all games but couldn't break three games in a row.
                              If you have better then Dixon name him. One naturalizad player doesn't change anything in aspect of national feeling
                              There is one thing I agree - quality of naturalized player. If that is mediocre like Preldzic I would say No thanks too. But Dixon isn't mediocre and he proved that many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                                You missed the point of my post like always. It's not about Dixon personaly, we were good through the tournament but missed player who can break the game like Bogdan did against us. We don't have one and what we should do now? Wait 20 years for "basketball killer"? Do you understand how close we were to make something big on our homecourt? We were close in all games but couldn't break three games in a row.
                                If you have better then Dixon name him. One naturalizad player doesn't change anything in aspect of national feeling
                                There is one thing I agree - quality of naturalized player. If that is mediocre like Preldzic I would say No thanks too. But Dixon isn't mediocre and he proved that many times.
                                I didn't point out Dixon personally. He is a good player. But, if you are okay with seeing naturalized players in NT, then there is no point to discuss. Naturalizing someone can be understandable if only you begin taking a step in to that specific sport to make it more popular in your country. We are talking about a sport which is the second popular one in this country and has recently been feeding up with a lot of investments. If you naturalize a player even under these circumstances, it is not a good sign as country basketball.

If you don't have a game changer, then deal with it. Appreciate the others who have them. Try to learn from them. Try to produce. At least try. Sorry, but I don't like the idea that we are being a typical Tier-3 team that lives and dies with the incentives of a naturalized player. It is not about national feeling or something. It is just that I am against of people who are trying to downgrade this team with this meaningless moves.

Also, thinking Dixon would change the fate of this team is not jibing with the truth. He is ain't special as he proved in 2015 and 2016 in NT.
                                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information