Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turkish NT 2017

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    I am not get into a drunken brawl with you, reminding Fener's title almost under every thread is just vomitous and reading you are the best team in Europe is also tired us out. I am done. Congratulations again for this unapproachable success (!). It is okay if you are proud of a wannabe-mafia or better to say a gunrunner. Your childish seemingness on my avatar is just proving the point that you have no idea about Turkish sport, but again, it is okay. Being ignorant is also a kind of choice. You don't have to know the two of the biggest sport-men of Turkish sport history. Carry on Aziz, carry on.

You are using a very meaningless data sample to make a judgment for Korkmaz. He hasn't had a single season where he is given a tangible role. He was not even a bench warmer during his Efes days. You are just using the data of few games where he was thrown to game to kill the garbage time. Btw, you know he played in Banvit last season right? I am not sure, I need to check it to take you serious. If you look at 2 FG percentage (though I have no idea why we are evaluating a player's value from this meaningless stat) last year, it is 49% in 46 games. He didn't take the young player of the year award for no purpose in BCL (A competition where the prospects had much more minutes comparing to EL). That shooting form criticism is something that shouldn't even be taken serious for a player whose main asset is his shooting arsenal. Other than this, I agree with you about physical development. He hasn't showed significant improvement on physical aspect, to use his athleticism in NBA, he needs to bulk up but he will have great opportunities there, it is not a worry for me anymore. I can't wait NBA to start also. It doesn't mean Korkmaz is going to rock NBA at his first step, he is rather a long-term project for 76ers. All in all, he is still 20 years old.
    Oh you bad boy, change the drug immediately, you are not good
    When you quote try to be accurate it would be nice.
    I didn't say that Fener is the best team in Europe but EL winner and first team in Europe. Is that not true? Best is relative term...

Second lie is that I put it in every thread. This is the first time I mentioned something like that. I am more critic regarding Fener then any Fener fan here.

You mixed something in your head, probably because you have more accounts and names here, you bad boy

What you expect here on basketball forum? high level moralizing about sport and politics? I advice you to open your own thread and write your long boring posts about Turkish prospects that no one will read and no one will answer. Second thread could be about Tukish sport legends and I will go there to learn something because I don't know like you said. It's obvious that you better understand old man problematic then prospect evaluation.
    Regarding Korkmaz.. You started with statistics and I answered with numbers. Is that relevant or not I don't care, just facts versus facts. I don't know what is your problem when we agree that he is underfed and comic player. He has owful shooting technics and he is brick man.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Oh you bad boy, change the drug immediately, you are not good
    When you quote try to be accurate it would be nice.
    I didn't say that Fener is the best team in Europe but EL winner and first team in Europe. Is that not true? Best is relative term...

Second lie is that I put it in every thread. This is the first time I mentioned something like that. I am more critic regarding Fener then any Fener fan here.

You mixed something in your head, probably because you have more accounts and names here, you bad boy

What you expect here on basketball forum? high level moralizing about sport and politics? I advice you to open your own thread and write your long boring posts about Turkish prospects that no one will read and no one will answer. Second thread could be about Tukish sport legends and I will go there to learn something because I don't know like you said. It's obvious that you better understand old man problematic then prospect evaluation.
    Regarding Korkmaz.. You started with statistics and I answered with numbers. Is that relevant or not I don't care, just facts versus facts. I don't know what is your problem when we agree that he is underfed and comic player. He has owful shooting technics and he is brick man.
    Feels like talking to a wall. One shouldn't have replied your post for his sanity. I made a mistake and now suffering from your utter nonsense. A player who is by far the best perimeter shooter of his team can't be called brick thrower just because he has extraordinary shooting technique. I really can't believe with whom we are discussing on this forum site. My only solace is that majority of people who read this forum have enough interpretation skills to see what kind of nonsense you are shitting here. I wish there could be an option on this forum to report your posts as spam automatically.

Feels like talking to a wall. One shouldn't have replied your post for his sanity. I made a mistake and now suffering from your utter nonsense. A player who is by far the best perimeter shooter of his team can't be called brick thrower just because he has extraordinary shooting technique. I really can't believe with whom we are discussing on this forum site. My only solace is that majority of people who read this forum have enough interpretation skills to see what kind of nonsense you are shitting here. I wish there could be an option on this forum to report your posts as spam automatically.
    Ahahahaha, what Smeagol/Gollum post from you Bolded part is evidence that you have more then one account here or double personality at least
    It's just hard to recognize when you are one of those, you bad boy
    My advice again, change drug and open your own thread, then you can post and repost just for yourself. Smeagol can post and Gollum repost and vice versa

Ahahahaha, what Smeagol/Gollum post from you Bolded part is evidence that you have more then one account here or double personality at least
    It's just hard to recognize when you are one of those, you bad boy
    My advice again, change drug and open your own thread, then you can post and repost just for yourself. Smeagol can post and Gollum repost and vice versa
    I reallly feel sad for you. I do.

Furkan is a great prospect. He didn`t build a body yet that`s for sure but that is a common problem in Europe. Just wait a year and see. He improved his handles and playmaking in Banvit which is really important. He`ll be our 6th man and if anybody thinks Melih would be ahead of him in the rotation I think they are drunk. If I were the coach I wouldn`t get Melih in the final roster. Furkan wll probably be an all time best Turkish shooter and you`re saying he throw bricks? Which quality of his made him drafted then?

Hersek also seriously sucks. Metin Türen also is not a quality player but at least he is younger. I`d get Türen all day everyday. We`re not gonna win so at least try new guys. But, I wish we had Arar starting at 4. Hersek is a streaky shooter, ok but not good defender and have a really limited game in the paint. And this is how he is, he will never get good.

Erden is a problematic player but I always liked how he plays in the national team. The problem is not his skill set but his mind set. He is talented, he was talented enough to get a playing time with the original big 3. But he plays really bad when he is not the man. Turkish NT always give Centers the most importance. Which is good for Semih since he plays more motivated. I wish Savaş saw some playing tim last year so he could play. I`d really like to see a Dixon-Güler-Korkmaz-Osman-Savaş line up to go all offensive.

Btw, Why we don`t have any preperation games? It`s less than 20 days now and we didn`t play any.

We played against Switzerland few days ago.

Today we Play against Finlandia and tomorrow versus Italy
    Last edited by roloj; 08-12-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    We played against Switzerland few days ago.
    what was the score?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    what was the score?
    That one was not a normal game. We played three games made of two quarters so total of one and a half game. Turkey won the first two and Switzerland won the last one

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    I reallly feel sad for you. I do.

Furkan is a great prospect. He didn`t build a body yet that`s for sure but that is a common problem in Europe. Just wait a year and see. He improved his handles and playmaking in Banvit which is really important. He`ll be our 6th man and if anybody thinks Melih would be ahead of him in the rotation I think they are drunk. If I were the coach I wouldn`t get Melih in the final roster. Furkan wll probably be an all time best Turkish shooter and you`re saying he throw bricks? Which quality of his made him drafted then?

Hersek also seriously sucks. Metin Türen also is not a quality player but at least he is younger. I`d get Türen all day everyday. We`re not gonna win so at least try new guys. But, I wish we had Arar starting at 4. Hersek is a streaky shooter, ok but not good defender and have a really limited game in the paint. And this is how he is, he will never get good.

Erden is a problematic player but I always liked how he plays in the national team. The problem is not his skill set but his mind set. He is talented, he was talented enough to get a playing time with the original big 3. But he plays really bad when he is not the man. Turkish NT always give Centers the most importance. Which is good for Semih since he plays more motivated. I wish Savaş saw some playing tim last year so he could play. I`d really like to see a Dixon-Güler-Korkmaz-Osman-Savaş line up to go all offensive.

Btw, Why we don`t have any preperation games? It`s less than 20 days now and we didn`t play any.
    What is your problem dude?
    You quoted my post where Korkmaz isn't even mentioned

You are blind or what?

As opposed to you, I read what you wrote. 'Erden is talented and Furkan will be all time best Turkish shooter'
    Do you realy expect that anyone can take seriously such nonsences? You spit on all our great shooters in history with this crap.
    Erden talented ahahhahh, stop please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3LOIfAKPt8&t=1871s

Turkey-Switzerland game. Without sound

Here is the list of players from B NT and the basketball agencies they belong to.

Ömer Utku Al - BeoBasket
    Enes Taşkıran - BeoBasket
    Doğuş Özdemiroğlu - BeoBasket
    Berk Demir - BeoBasket
    Metecan Birsen - BeoBasket
    Samet Geyik - BeoBasket
    Okben Ulubay - BeoBasket
    Emircan Koşut - BeoBasket
    Oğulcan Baykan - Tagar
    Egehan Arna - BeoBasket
    Ege Arar - Wasserman
    Ayberk Olmaz - You First
    Kadir Bayram - BeoBasket
    Muhsin Yaşar - BeoBasket

Who would be called up to B NT potentially instead of some names above who didn't perform well even to play in this dismal B NT? To name a few; Oğuz Savaş, Mehmet Yağmur, Ceyhun Altay, Burakcan Yıldızlı, Deniz Kılıçlı, Egemen Güven, Muhammed Baygül, Yiğit Arslan and Berkan Durmaz.

Oğuz Savaş - Tagar
    Mehmet Yağmur - Tagar
    Ceyhun Altay - Asset Sports
    Burakcan Yıldızlı - Asset Sports
    Deniz Kılıçlı - Max Ergül
    Egemen Güven - Wasserman
    Muhammed Baygül - Kariyer
    Yiğit Arslan - Wasserman
    Berkan Durmaz - Wasserman

The NT they formed to play in Qualifying Tournaments doesn't pursue any kind of goal rather than polishing some talents who mostly belong to the same agency. Of course the federation president, who didn't abstain himself from sinking to ask more bonus fund for the team while celebrating the win against Serbia in 2010 in front of millions on TV, is acting the fool for this disgrace. We just waste our breath to no purpose. It is so true that the sport has been taking yet another twist. No action is taken when it is not compatible with the interests of some. No more purity and fairness even in player selections when it comes to NT.

The NT they formed to play in Qualifying Tournaments doesn't pursue any kind of goal rather than polishing some talents who mostly belong to the same agency. Of course the federation president, who didn't abstain himself from sinking to ask more bonus fund for the team while celebrating the win against Serbia in 2010 in front of millions on TV, is acting the fool for this disgrace. We just waste our breath to no purpose. It is so true that the sport has been taking yet another twist. No action is taken when it is not compatible with the interests of some. No more purity and fairness even in player selections when it comes to NT.
    when the country is rotting from the core, nothing can stay clean for long. especially where there is money.

the whole candidacy process and eventual election of Turkoglu was dubious. He himself made it clear he cares most about money with the bonus story in the NT. It's not easy to have any confidence in his ass-licking-based management style. He will fail as TBF president, but he will be rewarded. We might even see him for as a sports minister or something similar if he can lick better.

as for the list of players selected; it's not completely weird to me, I'd agree with most, but it's indeed quite strange in cases of Demir, Geyik, Al, etc. over Baygul, Yildizli, Kilicli, and maybe even Arslan.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

I think this B team was somtething Federation thought in last moment and, of course, TBF did not do things in a proper way. I think is going to have nothing to do with the team that is goint to play in "Fiba Windows". It was something like a U23 team with people that was in the first 25-26 names of A team and some other players that come from U20 tournamnet (Alp Karahan is not in the list posted, but he finally played all 3 matches). Of course some other names could be added instead of Yasar or Bayram but probably they were out of form. It was something done with hurry, with no time (probably cuz they found the opportunity to play that 3 matches), and that´s not always good, because as you said, it seemed to be more than a traingin camp an agency rules than a national team.

But I really think is not going to be any similar that the team is going to play in "FIBA Windows". Anyway, I told this before, I do not know if Sarica is the rigth person to do a "transition" between generations, because he is not a young players fan...

Anyway, I told this before, I do not know if Sarica is the rigth person to do a "transition" between generations, because he is not a young players fan...
    That's something we have been hearing for a long time, but an unreal statement. Ufuk Sarıca can't do anything if young players are not ready for senior level action. That's already the biggest problem we have related with player development. Our youngsters are still prospects when the others' youngsters are young senior-ready players. There is a big difference between these two type of players. That's why the players that we label as prospects generally tend to fail when they get chances under NT jersey since they don't have enough experience to suit themselves for that jersey. We expect young players to perform faultlessly at one stroke which doesn't happen. NT is not a test stand. Players need to prove themselves before playing there. The half of the current NT is consisted of players who are bench warmers at their club teams. There is no country in this world that rots talents consistently like Turkey. If Sarıca doesn't make something magical, we are going to experience a bitter tragedy. The shape of NT is worse than I thought.

First win of the preparation games against Czechs. I watched the first half of the game. Just a solo performance from Osman, that's all.

http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game....&gameID=129824

I trust Sarica as a coach, i already told that, I trust Sarica so much, that I think we are going to be competitive in this Eurobasket even with this team we have. Probably we are not going to be in very high postition but i believe we are going to be difficult to be, even Sarica is remarking is not time enough to buid his system.

I just was thinking about middle future, even I know this thread is about 2017. We have today 14 players in NT (16 untill yesterday). From those 14 players, at least 7 (we do not know about Semih) are not going to be in next squad in november. I assume we are going to have lots of troubles to get a spot in 2019 World Cup.
    My point of view is that we have to begin a transition between genrations. Of cour some other will think is better if we put other experienced players in the squad (Baygul, Ermis, Savas, etc..). Since I assumed problems to get the clasification, I prefer begin to prepare young players.

Of course, I do not blame Sarica for prefering expererienced players for his team, but I think we (as a country or Federation) have problem to help young players to make final step from young competitions to pro-level. I assume young players make mistakes even if they are talented, but sometimes it´s seemed to me that we "forced" player to make nothing in the court to avoid mistakes, that it´s better not to try or to probe some of the talent young players have cuz any mistake is going to cost bench or not playing time, so player become at his 20s in a flat player (a player that has not bad points but also can not make difference in any point).

We have to make a plan to help young player to have the chance to probe themselves in pro-level (not only talking about National teams) and i do not see any kind of plan. But, of course, this is not only a matter of Federation, but Federation must be more interested part in this issue.

As I toldo before it´s not only a question about Sarica, but if sarica and other ex-players in Federation would have the opportunities some young players have nowadays we would have lost some of those players.

This season we could see for example that even Korkmaz had to be loan cuz he was not getting enoug minutes in Efes, Ulubay probed first half of the season he can play at BSL level (not talking about Eruoleague) but he barely have any chance in Daçka, etc... To imrove players we need patience and we need to assume they are gonna make mistakes. I can assume that, some coaches prefer not to assume mistakes so they choose other type of players and that´s legitime too.

I just miss some kind of plan. We have Arna, for example, that probed in playoff he can play at good level if he is weel arounded. He was relegated to B team even without training with A team. I´m ok with that if coach consider he is not at level and it´s just a choices if other players have injurys, but maybe for him, for Yurtseven (who was in the training camp till yesterday with barely no plying time), for others young players is better to prepare a training camp where they can still improve their individual skills, their physycal playin with good individual coaches (even international coaches), etcc thn a week of B team. I do not know, it´s just some kind of brainstorming while i´m typing, but we need to make a planto help youngs to make that final step to pro-game (assuming some players that are good at young ages are not at pro level)

I am worry about national teams future even more that i´m worry about this Eurobasket, so just imagine...

I just miss some kind of plan. We have Arna, for example, that probed in playoff he can play at good level if he is weel arounded. He was relegated to B team even without training with A team. I´m ok with that if coach consider he is not at level and it´s just a choices if other players have injurys, but maybe for him, for Yurtseven (who was in the training camp till yesterday with barely no plying time), for others young players is better to prepare a training camp where they can still improve their individual skills, their physycal playin with good individual coaches (even international coaches), etcc thn a week of B team. I do not know, it´s just some kind of brainstorming while i´m typing, but we need to make a planto help youngs to make that final step to pro-game (assuming some players that are good at young ages are not at pro level)
    Bolded part is somewhere they have to strive, not crying about minutes and which team they play.

Our players don't work enough and don't have basic skillset required for higher challenges.
    Most of them are unformed, with bad technics etc. That is not something that Obradovic or Sarica will teach them. They have to work with personal coaches if they want to even get chance to play game with big guys and Turkey is full of them. What could be bigger motive then that?

PS. We don't have good base of youth categories coaches imo, something like CoachZ is working. They are the most important part of one country player development.

Bolded part is somewhere they have to strive, not crying about minutes and which team they play.

Our players don't work enough and don't have basic skillset required for higher challenges.
    Most of them are unformed, with bad technics etc. That is not something that Obradovic or Sarica will teach them. They have to work with personal coaches if they want to even get chance to play game with big guys and Turkey is full of them. What could be bigger motive then that?

PS. We don't have good base of youth categories coaches imo, something like CoachZ is working. They are the most important part of one country player development.
    Mostly agree. As you said, is a two-way job. Kids and young players must have work ethic and desire to improve, but someone must teach them well. If they do what coaches in young categories tell them, we can not blame them for their way of playing, so, maybe (i am not even a coach) Federation can do something about really helping young players or kids to improve, at least to improve the players that show desire and real effort to grow in this sport...

Mostly agree. As you said, is a two-way job. Kids and young players must have work ethic and desire to improve, but someone must teach them well. If they do what coaches in young categories tell them, we can not blame them for their way of playing, so, maybe (i am not even a coach) Federation can do something about really helping young players or kids to improve, at least to improve the players that show desire and real effort to grow in this sport...
    I am most of the time critical to our players, not because I hate them but because I am mad they waste their talent.
    Who wants more then me that Korkmaz e.g. become great player? But I will never say he is on good way to become that until I see the real improvement
    For players like Erden it's too late and they should retire for their best and for everyone, but kids around 20y it's not late to change their attitude.

All that talks about their qualities(without any argument) just motive them to become retards and bench warmer in couple years.
    Last edited by janketa; 08-17-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Here is the list of players from B NT and the basketball agencies they belong to.

Ömer Utku Al - BeoBasket
    Enes Taşkıran - BeoBasket
    Doğuş Özdemiroğlu - BeoBasket
    Berk Demir - BeoBasket
    Metecan Birsen - BeoBasket
    Samet Geyik - BeoBasket
    Okben Ulubay - BeoBasket
    Emircan Koşut - BeoBasket
    Oğulcan Baykan - Tagar
    Egehan Arna - BeoBasket
    Ege Arar - Wasserman
    Ayberk Olmaz - You First
    Kadir Bayram - BeoBasket
    Muhsin Yaşar - BeoBasket

Who would be called up to B NT potentially instead of some names above who didn't perform well even to play in this dismal B NT? To name a few; Oğuz Savaş, Mehmet Yağmur, Ceyhun Altay, Burakcan Yıldızlı, Deniz Kılıçlı, Egemen Güven, Muhammed Baygül, Yiğit Arslan and Berkan Durmaz.

Oğuz Savaş - Tagar
    Mehmet Yağmur - Tagar
    Ceyhun Altay - Asset Sports
    Burakcan Yıldızlı - Asset Sports
    Deniz Kılıçlı - Max Ergül
    Egemen Güven - Wasserman
    Muhammed Baygül - Kariyer
    Yiğit Arslan - Wasserman
    Berkan Durmaz - Wasserman

Wow Raznatovic owns Turkish basketball too.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Some good defense by Korkmaz on the last shot. It is how incredible this one was the 4th preparation game we have played so far and none of them has been broadcast on our TVs. People even don't know we are playing preparation games. Amazing. Btw, today's game was not televised by Israeli direction so couldn't find any stream as well. We are living in 2017, right?

https://twitter.com/IAmDPick/status/898987094663671809

Stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/IBBA/.../bs_en_AU.html

are there any links for the Israel game

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast