Turkish NT 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by janketa View Post
    Turkey on paper is 7th or 8th roster regarding quality. We have four players from EL champion but just Dixon was core player. Guler is my favorite Turkish player.. Hersek is our best pf but totaly underated
    We have two future NBA players but only Cedi is real potential, Korkmaz is joke.
    Tolga Gecim is interesant player and mistery for me, he could be good.
    Erden is not worth of comment, junk junk junk....
    So, we are candidate for qf but on homecourt we could be even better, but I don't expect that.

I thought that quarter finals with the home court advantage is what this roster could get, before Ilyasova and Asik announce they wouldn't join. Now I'm more or less convinced they will battle with Russia in order to avoid Spain in the round of 16. It's 50/50 situation for me, Russia has a bit better team but Turkey is playing at home. But anyway, I think it's also very likely to see the team which will get the 3rd place, to be eliminated by Croatia later.

Roster wise I would put Turkey somewhere between 8th and 10th position. Guard rotation is ok (Sipahi, Dixon, Korkmaz, Guler, Mahmutoglu) but you're really suffering in forwards.

Also I don't get at all the argument of having 4 players in the team which won the EL (Arna, Hersek, Dixon and Mahmutoglu?) since none of them played any major role in the rotation except of Dixon and partially Mahmutoglu in some games. That's not a big advantage Imo, always considering their actual skillset.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
      I thought that quarter finals with the home court advantage is what this roster could get, before Ilyasova and Asik announce they wouldn't join. Now I'm more or less convinced they will battle with Russia in order to avoid Spain in the round of 16. It's 50/50 situation for me, Russia has a bit better team but Turkey is playing at home. But anyway, I think it's also very likely to see the team which will get the 3rd place, to be eliminated by Croatia later.

Roster wise I would put Turkey somewhere between 8th and 10th position. Guard rotation is ok (Sipahi, Dixon, Korkmaz, Guler, Mahmutoglu) but you're really suffering in forwards.

Also I don't get at all the argument of having 4 players in the team which won the EL (Arna, Hersek, Dixon and Mahmutoglu?) since none of them played any major role in the rotation except of Dixon and partially Mahmutoglu in some games. That's not a big advantage Imo, always considering their actual skillset.
      Although I don't value Asik as basketball player he is genius for Erden so his absence will be big handicap for us.
      I agree that we are weak on center position and we will suffer.
      I thought Sarica will use Duverioglu(he deserves that) as main center but seems that our coach has much to learn.
      Dixon-Guler-Cedi-Hersek(Metin) is qf lineup but when we add Erden it's 10-12 position roster. I exaggerated a little bit with first estimation

Comment

Turkey on paper is 7th or 8th roster regarding quality. We have four players from EL champion but just Dixon was core player. Guler is my favorite Turkish player.. Hersek is our best pf but totaly underated
        We have two future NBA players but only Cedi is real potential, Korkmaz is joke.
        Tolga Gecim is interesant player and mistery for me, he could be good.
        Erden is not worth of comment, junk junk junk....
        So, we are candidate for qf but on homecourt we could be even better, but I don't expect that.
        man, again so controversial...
        in terms of upside, Korkmaz is possibly the best player we have here in this roster. and Hersek is useless. my opinions of course.

Cedi, Dixon, Guler are as good players as we could have...
        Mahmutoglu, Balbay, Arar, Erden, Aldemir, Korkmaz are understandable choices... given the tiny of pool of available players.
        Arna, Gecim are unproven on this level. May not make the final roster.

i think the final roster will be something like below:

Dixon, Balbay, Sipahi(?)
        Guler, Mahmutoglu, Korkmaz
        Osman, Gecim(?), Arna(?)
        Arar, Aldemir, Hersek(?)
        Erden, Yurtseven, Sanli
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          in terms of upside, Korkmaz is possibly the best player we have here in this roster. and Hersek is useless. my opinions of course.
          I agree with that. I would like to watch korkmaz trying to probe his real value at this level (do not forget that his role in euroleague, Eurobasket still never have been a major role), bout I think Sarica is going to use Guler a lot of minutes and use korkmaz as a 6th player and maybe use a lot if the team needs Osman to play at 4 position.

I think backcourt is good, but frontcourt (including 4 postion) is really weak. I can not make an estimation of the final position, but first group is tough for us, and the first bracket in Knock out stage in agianst Spain´s group (and you never know what Spain can do in a first group stage)

I thought Sarica will use Duverioglu(he deserves that) as main center but seems that our coach has much to learn.
          Probably some of you know it better, but as far as I know Jorndanian Federation did not allow the transfer of Duverioglu.

p.s-->By the way, Arna is out of the team weeks ago. he was assigned to B team, but he come back injured from U20 tournament so he was not able to play with B

p.s-->I like Sarica as a coach, but in all interviews i red these days, he is trying to calm down expectations. Moreover i think he signed with TBF for 3 years but I do not know if he is the one to make a transition and rejuvenate the team because, as a coach, he never gave opportunities to young players..

Comment

man, again so controversial...

Cedi, Dixon, Guler are as good players as we could have...
            Mahmutoglu, Balbay, Arar, Erden, Aldemir, Korkmaz are understandable choices... given the tiny of pool of available players.
            Arna, Gecim are unproven on this level. May not make the final roster.

i think the final roster will be something like below:

Dixon, Balbay, Sipahi(?)
            Guler, Mahmutoglu, Korkmaz
            Osman, Gecim(?), Arna(?)
            Arar, Aldemir, Hersek(?)
            Erden, Yurtseven, Sanli

You are so biased to Korkmaz I was two or three years ago but not anymore. This player did nothing to improve his technics all this years. His shothing is street basketball style. Did he ever heard for muscles training? He doesn't have strenght for normal stroke.
            When I look kids 13,14 years playing basket always remind me on Korkmaz and his bricks

And who is better then Hersek, Arar or Aldemir maybe?

Comment

You are so biased to Korkmaz I was two or three years ago but not anymore. This player did nothing to improve his technics all this years. His shothing is street basketball style. Did he ever heard for muscles training? He doesn't have strenght for normal stroke.
              When I look kids 13,14 years playing basket always remind me on Korkmaz and his bricks

yes, I am aware. Korkmaz will answer to us both this year, positively or negatively, and we'll see who ends up right.

What did you see in Hersek? When did you see him play last? He's a typical domestic player whose main duty is to fill up a roster spot (and then usually suck if there is any need). He was a good prospect once (an Efes product, mind you), but over the years I'm convinced he's satisfied with mediocrity and stuck there. This observation includes his more significant role in the league title with KSK and kinda ok performance with NT last time. Arar is much better (I'm biased regarding him too + Berkay Taskiran )
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

The brick thrower Korkmaz shot 45% from 3-point land last year by being the most consistent player in Banvit along with Theodore. This is not even funny. Someone who is giving rooms of praising to Hersek, trying to bash Korkmaz with laughable assertion. Stop this nonsense. The quality of your argument is going through the floor where the man on your avatar belongs.
                Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by slice me nice View Post
                  The brick thrower Korkmaz shot 45% from 3-point land last year by being the most consistent player in Banvit along with Theodore. This is not even funny. Someone who is giving rooms of praising to Hersek, trying to bash Korkmaz with laughable assertion. Stop this nonsense. The quality of your argument is going through the floor where the man on your avatar belongs.
                  I am proud of my avatar and our beloved president First of all I am proud of our title. Fener is EL winner, first team in Europe, best team in Turkey, winner over Besiktas etc etc ...reminding you if you forgot
                  Looking your avatar instead of your president I see two old guys kissing, it's nothing wrong to put your president instead of this spreading love pictures He hates EL, Uleb, Eurocup, at the end he will refuse to play even Turkish league because he knows better just like you

Ragarding Korkmaz , you talking about guy that had circa 36% for 2pts in EL Is there any player with worse percentage then him? But never mind. It's not about percentage at the end
                  His shooting style is ridiculous and his physics is a shame for mature basketball player. Can't wait for NBA start

Comment

What did you see in Hersek? When did you see him play last? He's a typical domestic player whose main duty is to fill up a roster spot (and then usually suck if there is any need). He was a good prospect once (an Efes product, mind you), but over the years I'm convinced he's satisfied with mediocrity and stuck there. This observation includes his more significant role in the league title with KSK and kinda ok performance with NT last time. Arar is much better (I'm biased regarding him too + Berkay Taskiran )
                    Come on man, it's hard to believe that at least you don't understand point about Hersek It's not about his quality but about haw thin we are on that position.
                    Is Hersek great player, no! But name me one great pf above him with more playing time and bigger role in EL team.

BTW. I like Arar too and as a prospect I would like to see him as our first option. But playing in such GS as bench warmer isn't comparable to bench warmer in Fener
                    Last edited by janketa; 08-10-2017, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I am proud of my avatar and our beloved president First of all I am proud of our title. Fener is EL winner, first team in Europe, best team in Turkey, winner over Besiktas etc etc ...reminding you if you forgot
                      Looking your avatar instead of your president I see two old guys kissing, it's nothing wrong to put your president instead of this spreading love pictures He hates EL, Uleb, Eurocup, at the end he will refuse to play even Turkish league because he knows better just like you

Ragarding Korkmaz , you talking about guy that had circa 36% for 2pts in EL Is there any player with worse percentage then him? But never mind. It's not about percentage at the end
                      His shooting style is ridiculous and his physics is a shame for mature basketball player. Can't wait for NBA start
                      I am not get into a drunken brawl with you, reminding Fener's title almost under every thread is just vomitous and reading you are the best team in Europe is also tired us out. I am done. Congratulations again for this unapproachable success (!). It is okay if you are proud of a wannabe-mafia or better to say a gunrunner. Your childish seemingness on my avatar is just proving the point that you have no idea about Turkish sport, but again, it is okay. Being ignorant is also a kind of choice. You don't have to know the two of the biggest sport-men of Turkish sport history. Carry on Aziz, carry on.

You are using a very meaningless data sample to make a judgment for Korkmaz. He hasn't had a single season where he is given a tangible role. He was not even a bench warmer during his Efes days. You are just using the data of few games where he was thrown to game to kill the garbage time. Btw, you know he played in Banvit last season right? I am not sure, I need to check it to take you serious. If you look at 2 FG percentage (though I have no idea why we are evaluating a player's value from this meaningless stat) last year, it is 49% in 46 games. He didn't take the young player of the year award for no purpose in BCL (A competition where the prospects had much more minutes comparing to EL). That shooting form criticism is something that shouldn't even be taken serious for a player whose main asset is his shooting arsenal. Other than this, I agree with you about physical development. He hasn't showed significant improvement on physical aspect, to use his athleticism in NBA, he needs to bulk up but he will have great opportunities there, it is not a worry for me anymore. I can't wait NBA to start also. It doesn't mean Korkmaz is going to rock NBA at his first step, he is rather a long-term project for 76ers. All in all, he is still 20 years old.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I am not get into a drunken brawl with you, reminding Fener's title almost under every thread is just vomitous and reading you are the best team in Europe is also tired us out. I am done. Congratulations again for this unapproachable success (!). It is okay if you are proud of a wannabe-mafia or better to say a gunrunner. Your childish seemingness on my avatar is just proving the point that you have no idea about Turkish sport, but again, it is okay. Being ignorant is also a kind of choice. You don't have to know the two of the biggest sport-men of Turkish sport history. Carry on Aziz, carry on.

You are using a very meaningless data sample to make a judgment for Korkmaz. He hasn't had a single season where he is given a tangible role. He was not even a bench warmer during his Efes days. You are just using the data of few games where he was thrown to game to kill the garbage time. Btw, you know he played in Banvit last season right? I am not sure, I need to check it to take you serious. If you look at 2 FG percentage (though I have no idea why we are evaluating a player's value from this meaningless stat) last year, it is 49% in 46 games. He didn't take the young player of the year award for no purpose in BCL (A competition where the prospects had much more minutes comparing to EL). That shooting form criticism is something that shouldn't even be taken serious for a player whose main asset is his shooting arsenal. Other than this, I agree with you about physical development. He hasn't showed significant improvement on physical aspect, to use his athleticism in NBA, he needs to bulk up but he will have great opportunities there, it is not a worry for me anymore. I can't wait NBA to start also. It doesn't mean Korkmaz is going to rock NBA at his first step, he is rather a long-term project for 76ers. All in all, he is still 20 years old.
                        Oh you bad boy, change the drug immediately, you are not good
                        When you quote try to be accurate it would be nice.
                        I didn't say that Fener is the best team in Europe but EL winner and first team in Europe. Is that not true? Best is relative term...

Second lie is that I put it in every thread. This is the first time I mentioned something like that. I am more critic regarding Fener then any Fener fan here.

You mixed something in your head, probably because you have more accounts and names here, you bad boy

What you expect here on basketball forum? high level moralizing about sport and politics? I advice you to open your own thread and write your long boring posts about Turkish prospects that no one will read and no one will answer. Second thread could be about Tukish sport legends and I will go there to learn something because I don't know like you said. It's obvious that you better understand old man problematic then prospect evaluation.
                        Regarding Korkmaz.. You started with statistics and I answered with numbers. Is that relevant or not I don't care, just facts versus facts. I don't know what is your problem when we agree that he is underfed and comic player. He has owful shooting technics and he is brick man.

Comment

Oh you bad boy, change the drug immediately, you are not good
                          When you quote try to be accurate it would be nice.
                          I didn't say that Fener is the best team in Europe but EL winner and first team in Europe. Is that not true? Best is relative term...

Second lie is that I put it in every thread. This is the first time I mentioned something like that. I am more critic regarding Fener then any Fener fan here.

You mixed something in your head, probably because you have more accounts and names here, you bad boy

What you expect here on basketball forum? high level moralizing about sport and politics? I advice you to open your own thread and write your long boring posts about Turkish prospects that no one will read and no one will answer. Second thread could be about Tukish sport legends and I will go there to learn something because I don't know like you said. It's obvious that you better understand old man problematic then prospect evaluation.
                          Regarding Korkmaz.. You started with statistics and I answered with numbers. Is that relevant or not I don't care, just facts versus facts. I don't know what is your problem when we agree that he is underfed and comic player. He has owful shooting technics and he is brick man.
                          Feels like talking to a wall. One shouldn't have replied your post for his sanity. I made a mistake and now suffering from your utter nonsense. A player who is by far the best perimeter shooter of his team can't be called brick thrower just because he has extraordinary shooting technique. I really can't believe with whom we are discussing on this forum site. My only solace is that majority of people who read this forum have enough interpretation skills to see what kind of nonsense you are shitting here. I wish there could be an option on this forum to report your posts as spam automatically.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Feels like talking to a wall. One shouldn't have replied your post for his sanity. I made a mistake and now suffering from your utter nonsense. A player who is by far the best perimeter shooter of his team can't be called brick thrower just because he has extraordinary shooting technique. I really can't believe with whom we are discussing on this forum site. My only solace is that majority of people who read this forum have enough interpretation skills to see what kind of nonsense you are shitting here. I wish there could be an option on this forum to report your posts as spam automatically.
                            Ahahahaha, what Smeagol/Gollum post from you Bolded part is evidence that you have more then one account here or double personality at least
                            It's just hard to recognize when you are one of those, you bad boy
                            My advice again, change drug and open your own thread, then you can post and repost just for yourself. Smeagol can post and Gollum repost and vice versa

Comment

Ahahahaha, what Smeagol/Gollum post from you Bolded part is evidence that you have more then one account here or double personality at least
                              It's just hard to recognize when you are one of those, you bad boy
                              My advice again, change drug and open your own thread, then you can post and repost just for yourself. Smeagol can post and Gollum repost and vice versa
                              I reallly feel sad for you. I do.

Furkan is a great prospect. He didn`t build a body yet that`s for sure but that is a common problem in Europe. Just wait a year and see. He improved his handles and playmaking in Banvit which is really important. He`ll be our 6th man and if anybody thinks Melih would be ahead of him in the rotation I think they are drunk. If I were the coach I wouldn`t get Melih in the final roster. Furkan wll probably be an all time best Turkish shooter and you`re saying he throw bricks? Which quality of his made him drafted then?

Hersek also seriously sucks. Metin Türen also is not a quality player but at least he is younger. I`d get Türen all day everyday. We`re not gonna win so at least try new guys. But, I wish we had Arar starting at 4. Hersek is a streaky shooter, ok but not good defender and have a really limited game in the paint. And this is how he is, he will never get good.

Erden is a problematic player but I always liked how he plays in the national team. The problem is not his skill set but his mind set. He is talented, he was talented enough to get a playing time with the original big 3. But he plays really bad when he is not the man. Turkish NT always give Centers the most importance. Which is good for Semih since he plays more motivated. I wish Savaş saw some playing tim last year so he could play. I`d really like to see a Dixon-Güler-Korkmaz-Osman-Savaş line up to go all offensive.

Btw, Why we don`t have any preperation games? It`s less than 20 days now and we didn`t play any.

Comment

We played against Switzerland few days ago.

Today we Play against Finlandia and tomorrow versus Italy
                                Last edited by roloj; 08-12-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information