Clear All

Turkish NT 2017

Turkish 26-man prelim NT roster has been announced:

- Dixon, Balbay, Sipahi, Yagmur, Ugurlu
    - Guler, Korkmaz, Mahmutoglu, Mutaf, Arna
    - Osman, Veyseloglu, Koksal, Gecim, Ulubay
    - Ilyasova, Arar, Hersek, Birsen, Turen
    - Asik, Erden, Sanli, Aldemir, Yurtseven, Kosut
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-22-2017, 04:08 PM.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

There are few obscurities regarding the player selection. I am calling favoritism in NT into question. It is hard to understand why some of the players who at least deserved to be called up to extended roster were left out. Sense of justice in player selections failed one more time.

- Deniz Kılıçlı had the best season of his career. He could be a quite productive in a pot which is filled with familiar faces who are the underperformers of the year. Kılıçlı was a good contributor on offensive end, at least could see the preliminary roster. We don’t know how Aşık, Erden and Savaş will come back to basketball, since for the trio, the season was a big null. So you are basically keeping out the player who has been in good shape whole season just for making room for those who had been regarded as basketball players only on papers.

- Seriously, where is Muhammed Baygül? Arguably the most improved Turkish player of the year couldn't make extended roster, as if we are a top tier team in Europe. Such a joke. We don't know the value of our players. So, Yağmur and Uğurlu have been out of their minds with boredom on bench while Baygül was sweating off on court, being the one of the main parts of his team. Such a demotivational stuff from the side of the hardworking players to see those players are making NT roster when you don't.

- I would also like to see Berkay Candan over Hersek and Türen. Especially at the middle of the season, Candan broke through his limits, pressed upon the bounds of good player etiquette. He hasn't ensured his continuity throughout the season, failed in some crucial games against physical forwards, however, in any case, he would be a logical selection if the staff would have kept his overall performance in mind for this summer. Let’s not fool ourselves, Hersek is there just because he is playing in Fenerbahçe.

- Barış Ermiş had to be also here from Tofaş. Creativity will be the main problem of this team, so you don't have a luxury for not calling him up. We are talking about a system which will be run by Sipahi and Dixon. Years after years, coaches over coaches, everything has been changing in NT except the bias of NT staff against Ermiş. If his team was overachieved, it is all about the good chemistry between Ermiş and Micic. They were both credible masters of Tofaş.
      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

I seriously do not understand why Baygul is not invited to the preliminary roster.. Ok he is not a super young talent or anything, but he was much more part of the main team than e.g. Mutaf or Veyseloglu.
        In addition, why is Egemen Guven not called in, he could evolve in a really good center for the NT in a few years..

I was high on Sarica, but the above two missers do worry me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz View Post
          I seriously do not understand why Baygul is not invited to the preliminary roster.. Ok he is not a super young talent or anything, but he was much more part of the main team than e.g. Mutaf or Veyseloglu.
          In addition, why is Egemen Guven not called in, he could evolve in a really good center for the NT in a few years..

I was high on Sarica, but the above two missers do worry me.
          Welcome back, Nakz. loong time, no see.

Sarica has never been a fan of prospects, neither at KSK nor at BJK. That's one main issue I have with him.

Egemen did not find any playing time this season, so I understand he's left out, but choosing Mehmet Yagmur and Berk Ugurlu is ridiculous. it's good that Ender Arslan quit NT, otherwise he'd be called up too.

Markovic is replaced by Trifunovic at KSK, who was working with many prospects at Giresun. a good opportunity for Egemen.
          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

Sarica has never been a fan of prospects, neither at KSK nor at BJK. That's one main issue I have with him.

Egemen did not find any playing time this season, so I understand he's left out, but choosing Mehmet Yagmur and Berk Ugurlu is ridiculous. it's good that Ender Arslan quit NT, otherwise he'd be called up too.

Markovic is replaced by Trifunovic at KSK, who was working with many prospects at Giresun. a good opportunity for Egemen.
            How dare you bash Yagmur!

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

Your welcome Levenspiel. I was every now and then watching this forum this year due to the success of FB in the Euroleague, but wanted to get my frustration expressed regarding Baygul not being selected

I agree with Egemen not having many minutes this season, but he could easily replace Hersek, who is getting older and never will develop his game anymore, while Egemen has a lot of upside potential still.

I agree with Yagmur, but he won't make it to the last 12 Berk Ugurlu showed some skills, but he has to improve his shooting if he wants to become a solid TBL/NT player (same goes for Sipahi).

Comment

After the recent events it looks like we will have r Nba players in our roster. And you guys say we are not good.

Comment

B team to play some matches and prepare FIBA windows....

Comment

Ilyasova is oficially out. I'm getting a 2008 Jaoan vibe. This team will do something. Not a medal or anything but something to give hopw for future

Comment

Anyone else thinks that Ilyasova is Perasovic's long lost son

Untitled.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                        Anyone else thinks that Ilyasova is Perasovic's long lost son

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9936[/ATTACH]
                        Perasovic´s son is better than Ilyasova.

ok, may be not better at this time but a least younger. Ups, with ilyasova you never know may be even not younger,,

Comment

Turkey on paper is 7th or 8th roster regarding quality. We have four players from EL champion but just Dixon was core player. Guler is my favorite Turkish player.. Hersek is our best pf but totaly underated
                          We have two future NBA players but only Cedi is real potential, Korkmaz is joke.
                          Tolga Gecim is interesant player and mistery for me, he could be good.
                          Erden is not worth of comment, junk junk junk....
                          So, we are candidate for qf but on homecourt we could be even better, but I don't expect that.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                            Turkey on paper is 7th or 8th roster regarding quality. .
                            I would place their roster more in the 10-12 range in terms of quality on paper.
                            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                              I would place their roster more in the 10-12 range in terms of quality on paper.
                              Maybe you are right. Nobody has morons like Erden in roster. But there are some quality players, must admit...

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                                Maybe you are right. Nobody has morons like Erden in roster. But there are some quality players, must admit...
                                I think it can go either way for Turkey. They can finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th in the group in my opinion.
                                Last edited by usagre; 08-08-2017, 04:44 PM.
                                Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information