• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Picek View Post
    You are joking, right?
    All the latest Kalnietis-Teodosić between games:
    LTU - silver medal
    SRB- IV place
    semifinal LTU- SRB 67:64
    Kalnietis PPG-12; APG-9; RPG-5 all games PPG-10.6; APG-7,8; RPG-2.9.
    Teodosić PPG-16; APG-3; RPG-3 all games PPG-11.8; APG-7.1; RPG-2.7.

Kalnietis did not play because of an injury

LTU - silver medal
    SRB- VII place
    Group LTU- SRB 56:63
    Statistics have not found, but it is not as important as this race group,but the Kalnietis was one of the main guides to silver medal

Serbia does not come into OG

LTU - V place
    SRB- VIII place
    group LTU- SRB 100: 90
    Statistics have not found, but it is not as important as this race group.

LTU - bronze medals

SRB- IV place
    Little finale LTU- SRB 99:88
    Statistics have not found, but the Kalnietis was one of the main guides to victory

and what is this joker?
    Last edited by G&B; 08-01-2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by G&B View Post
      All the latest Kalnietis-Teodosić between games:
      LTU - silver medal
      SRB- IV place
      semifinal LTU- SRB 67:64
      Kalnietis PPG-12; APG-9; RPG-5 all games PPG-10.6; APG-7,8; RPG-2.9.
      Teodosić PPG-16; APG-3; RPG-3 all games PPG-11.8; APG-7.1; RPG-2.7.

Kalnietis did not play because of an injury

LTU - silver medal
      SRB- VII place
      Group LTU- SRB 56:63
      Statistics have not found, but it is not as important as this race group,but the Kalnietis was one of the main guides to silver medal

Serbia does not come into OG

LTU - V place
      SRB- VIII place
      group LTU- SRB 100: 90
      Statistics have not found, but it is not as important as this race group.

LTU - bronze medals

SRB- IV place
      Little finale LTU- SRB 99:88
      Statistics have not found, but the Kalnietis was one of the main guides to victory

and what is this joker?
      Men stopped Teodosic is best Europe PG offensively.Defensively he sucks that is proven.But compare him to Kalnietis is funny.Kalnietis is obviuos atleast level behind...

What comes to national team games,its a bit diffrent story Kalnietis always played very well for national team,way better than in clubs.Thats why i like him very much,when he wears our national team jersey he leaves everything he got out there...playing 35minutes per game .

Teodosic plays better for clubs,not national team.

I will give you that : in period 2010-2015 Lithuania-Serbia battles i dont remember Teo obviuosly outplaying Mantas in head to head matches,usually it was close,but Lithuania won more games againts Teodosic Serbia.And PG must take some blame for that,because Serbia didnt have less talented teams in those years than Lithuania.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
        Men stopped Teodosic is best Europe PG offensively.Defensively he sucks that is proven.But compare him to Kalnietis is funny.Kalnietis is obviuos atleast level behind...

What comes to national team games,its a bit diffrent story Kalnietis always played very well for national team,way better than in clubs.Thats why i like him very much,when he wears our national team jersey he leaves everything he got out there...playing 35minutes per game .

I will give you that : in period 2010-2015 Lithuania-Serbia battles i dont remember Teo obviuosly outplaying Mantas in head to head matches,usually it was close,but Lithuania won more games againts Teodosic Serbia.And PG must take some blame for that,because Serbia didnt have less talented teams in those years than Lithuania.

It is talking only about the national competition and the role of players in them. Competition in club teams anyone tame when it comes to national teams and top-level match.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
          Men stopped

Teodosic plays good for NT, you'd do him wrong by saying he plays better for clubs. His wish to play for NT and what he gives is at least legit as Kalnietis's.

Saying that Kalnietis is better player is simply wishful thinking. Of course he is good, just that Teo is better. No dubious statistics can overthrow that😊

Comment

• I like Serbia teem this year. For me they look more dangerous for us than Spain. Its because they had amazing guard duo with Teo+Bogda. Also Jokic would be pain in the ass for JV with his mid range shots. I saw one game in NBA between them and Jokic dominated against JV. The only advantage for us could be in SF position, as I think both teams has no difference makers in PF position. If this team could have Bjelica and Boban in my opinion it would be 2nd team after USA.

EDIT: what is the situation with Teo and Nedovic? Our media said, that Nedovic injury could be serious..
            LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

• Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
              Teodosic plays good for NT, you'd do him wrong by saying he plays better for clubs. His wish to play for NT and what he gives is at least legit as Kalnietis's.

Saying that Kalnietis is better player is simply wishful thinking. Of course he is good, just that Teo is better. No dubious statistics can overthrow that��
              I dont argue that, Teo wants and always plays for Serbia,but for some reasons he plays for his club better.

When Kalnietis with ltu jersey plays 2 times better than in club.His performances in 2010 and 2013 was fantastic,in 2013 Mantas should have been named to all eurobasket2013 team without even question not Kleiza.Now 2016 Kalnietis look very good totally forgot that ugly 2014 injury,wouldnt be suprised seeing this summer one of his better performances this summer.He is peaking now 29 years old,when player still have speed + have very valuable big experience how to run the team.

Same goes to Teodosic about peaking...this is now best Milos years.

Comment

• Originally posted by LDK View Post
                I like Serbia teem this year. For me they look more dangerous for us than Spain. Its because they had amazing guard duo with Teo+Bogda. Also Jokic would be pain in the ass for JV with his mid range shots. I saw one game in NBA between them and Jokic dominated against JV. The only advantage for us could be in SF position, as I think both teams has no difference makers in PF position. If this team could have Bjelica and Boban in my opinion it would be 2nd team after USA.

EDIT: what is the situation with Teo and Nedovic? Our media said, that Nedovic injury could be serious..
                Teodosic disclocated his finger so he will miss the game vs Croatia today. He will be OK for the Olympics 100%.

Nedovic, had a clenched soft tissue in the ankle. It's an old injury that flares up for him (he jumped on the bench vs France and landed funny). They had MRI on his ankle and it's not serious. They just have to rest the ankle a bit and do flexibility and stretching exercises. He should be fine as well.

Macvan looked OK so far at PF, so if nothing he will bring a little toughness at PF. Bircevic is a fucking moron at that spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by G&B View Post
                  It is talking only about the national competition and the role of players in them. Competition in club teams anyone tame when it comes to national teams and top-level match.
                  Now this is the worst thing you have said so far Actually club competitions like NBA and Euroleague are much higher level of basketball compared to NT competitions, who are very often one sided and top heavy. Club competitions are played at a higher intensity, for higher stakes. Also NT tournament last like 2 weeks and in that timeframe luck, injuries, form come into play so much that teams often over/underachieve.

Club competitions weed out the weaklings, and the true winners come out on top. NT will never be close to club competitions.

Comment

• Maybe too early to tell, but France does seem to be a bit overestimated - according to what they've shown. If we can expect more-less similar output from Spain as last year, I don't think that this France can measure up. So number 1 USA, Number 2 Spain, but number 3 can be either France/Serbia/LTU or even Brazil.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                      Now this is the worst thing you have said so far Actually club competitions like NBA and Euroleague are much higher level of basketball compared to NT competitions, who are very often one sided and top heavy. Club competitions are played at a higher intensity, for higher stakes. Also NT tournament last like 2 weeks and in that timeframe luck, injuries, form come into play so much that teams often over/underachieve.

Club competitions weed out the weaklings, and the true winners come out on top. NT will never be close to club competitions.
                      How exactly NT games are inferior to club games? I thought NBA it's like 82 decent games + NT level games in the playoffs intensity wise Higher intensity? Maybe on some Pana's, Barsa's or Patrizan's (or Zalgiris', very easily ) crazy fans mind. I know there are plenty of Balkan fans who would come and say - what? NT? Who the fuck cares about NT when we are bringing some washed out NBA star to our club? No, dude, except Euroleague playoffs and NBA playoffs, NT competition is much more intense than club competitons. Teams prepare 1,5 month for 5-8 games, not for 40-50 games or 82 games...
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        How exactly NT games are inferior to club games? I thought NBA it's like 82 decent games + NT level games in the playoffs intensity wise Higher intensity? Maybe on some Pana's, Barsa's or Patrizan's (or Zalgiris', very easily ) crazy fans mind. I know there are plenty of Balkan fans who would come and say - what? NT? Who the fuck cares about NT when we are bringing some washed out NBA star to our club? No, dude, except Euroleague playoffs and NBA playoffs, NT competition is much more intense than club competitons. Teams prepare 1,5 month for 5-8 games, not for 40-50 games or 82 games...
                        Very simple. It's not what we care more about, it's about the quality of play. You want to say that a game like Italy - Germany is higher level of play than EL game between Oly and Barca? Or that a major international game like Serbia - Lith is a higher quality game than NBA playoffs? Cmon let's be realistic. National teams matter to us, the fans but level on play is lower than on club level. Players play 9 months a year with other guys in their clubs, better chemistry, better roles etc etc.

How can you compare a 2 week competition to that. There is just no way. The level of basketball played in Top 8 of Euroleague was at least 2 classes above the Eurobasket 2015 tournament as a whole. Also there are so many shitty teams in NT competitions who lower the competition level. At club level, anybody can put together a roster that can be competitive and play high level basketball.

Again, I am not saying that I don't care about NT competitions (most of the fans care most about that) just that when I watch those games I know to lower the level of expectations on the level of play. We have a group of guys who after 9 months of serious basketball, tired as fuck, go to a nice resort to play together for a month and then play a 2 week tournament. Do you realistically think that Eurobasket 2015 showed a high level of play???

It's like Olympics in Cycling. Those guys kill themselves to win Tour De France, Giro and Vuelta for their clubs, and then they come to Olympics to compete. Yeah, we all know where the form and full effort will be given. Even if you give 110% in the NT games, you are doing it after a tiring season of games from which you make a living. So yeah that will never measure up.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                          Very simple. It's not what we care more about, it's about the quality of play. You want to say that a game like Italy - Germany is higher level of play than EL game between Oly and Barca? Or that a major international game like Serbia - Lith is a higher quality game than NBA playoffs? Cmon let's be realistic. National teams matter to us, the fans but level on play is lower than on club level. Players play 9 months a year with other guys in their clubs, better chemistry, better roles etc etc.

How can you compare a 2 week competition to that. There is just no way. The level of basketball played in Top 8 of Euroleague was at least 2 classes above the Eurobasket 2015 tournament as a whole. Also there are so many shitty teams in NT competitions who lower the competition level. At club level, anybody can put together a roster that can be competitive and play high level basketball.

Again, I am not saying that I don't care about NT competitions (most of the fans care most about that) just that when I watch those games I know to lower the level of expectations on the level of play. We have a group of guys who after 9 months of serious basketball, tired as fuck, go to a nice resort to play together for a month and then play a 2 week tournament. Do you realistically think that Eurobasket 2015 showed a high level of play???

It's like Olympics in Cycling. Those guys kill themselves to win Tour De France, Giro and Vuelta for their clubs, and then they come to Olympics to compete. Yeah, we all know where the form and full effort will be given. Even if you give 110% in the NT games, you are doing it after a tiring season of games from which you make a living. So yeah that will never measure up.
                          In terms of intensity it's surely much more intense event than overall season of club basketball. Level wise I agree that playing together longer matters, but in FIBA you have like 6-8 top clubs who can reach podium, does Euroleague realistically have that? Usually it's 2-3 obvious contenders in Euroleague. I'm not sure Euroleague is more equal and balanced competition. Another big advantage - at least compared to Euroleague, NBA stars. Show me players of Pau, Parker, Valanciunas level in Euroleague? Besides, most of clubs, except maybe those absolute top clubs, change every year and NTs have a core who plays together for 8-15 years and knows each other very well. The things is that FIBA games is like playoffs games, that's why it's fun even if very often the quality of games is a bit worse when it comes to belove average NTs, but it's always a battle in terms of intensity, top battle.
                          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                          Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
                            Maybe too early to tell, but France does seem to be a bit overestimated - according to what they've shown. If we can expect more-less similar output from Spain as last year, I don't think that this France can measure up. So number 1 USA, Number 2 Spain, but number 3 can be either France/Serbia/LTU or even Brazil.
                            I agree that France hasn't been at all impressive to this point. Right now to me it looks as if the contenders for the Silver are Spain, Lithuania, Serbia and Brazil, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Brazilian team will wilt under the pressure of playing at home as opposed to rising to the occasion.

Comment

• Spanish team looks tired.French one doesn't impress like every year as well but they'll probably step up at the knockouts.Spaniards look a bit out of motivation as well.Most likely an end of era for both teams after the tournament.
                              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Well end of an era for Spain would surely be the day when Pau Gasol says it's enough, and that is 99,9% after this tournament is done. Spain is simply not as good without him, definitely not 'seen for gold' on euro level or 2nd best after USA on world level. Just a very good team with decent chances for gold, but not more than few other teams. Pretty much similar goes fro France after Parker - a great team, but not any more 1 tier above the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information