5: Lithuania
      6: Croatia
      7: Brazil
      8: Australia
      9: Argentina
      10: Venezuela
      11: Nigeria
      12: China
      Last edited by Modis; 07-12-2016, 06:08 PM.
      Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
      FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
      FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Hard to predict how well France will perform without knowing who will be in the list.

For me, Serbia, Spain and USA are clear favorites. I don't necessary think this USA team has a guaranteed win in Rio though. We still got to see them playing team bball. They have the talent in offense, but who will do the dirty work ?
        For me, France and Lithuania are biggest candidates for doing an upset - Lit's are almost always on the podium in the end -, but the spanish and serbs have better team bball, and usa obviously have the better athletes.

Also, Brazil will play at home, and their fans can be really crazy. Their team is not necessary as deep as other big nations, but i would not overlook them.

There will be some surprises (in group B for sure, but in the 1/4 as well). I dont know what to think of a rather old Argentina (i am being nice) with many players who will retire after these Olympics. Their group is not so easy, and i could easily see them facing USA in 1/4 for a nice jubile.
        Croatia could be a nice (and big) surprise even if they don't seem as deep as other top teams. They qualified nicely and their mental proved to be a real strenght. And like France did with Parker and Batum generations, they are starting to mix their own golden generations. We still need to see their final list too.

France has zero margin in this tournament. Our biggest strenght would be to have a good mix of euroleague and nba players. I hope Collet don't call back Fournier, we dont need him (except if he wants to add a scorer from the bench, but he is really soft).

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
          Argentina - I do not believe, as a very old team
          Serbia - hardly can fight for a medal, because it has a weak 3-4-5 positions, compared to the USA, Spain, Lithuania, France
          Originally posted by vuxsa View Post
          Dude, you have there a slight case of power underestimation / overestimation in both cases of Serbia and Lithuania. Don't mean to start any flames, but some reality check is in order. At least for a statement that Serbia cannot fight for a medal.
          Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
          Don't waste your energy, check out his other posts. As well as last years Eurobasket. Classic Serb hater. So don't take it seriously.
          There's no reason to be so touchy about G&B's ranking though. He still has Serbia at 5-8 and while that may be on the low side, it's still a reasonable assessment. None of us Lithuanian posters have taken any exception to ratings of Lithuania as low as #8.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
            There's no reason to be so touchy about G&B's ranking though. He still has Serbia at 5-8 and while that may be on the low side, it's still a reasonable assessment. None of us Lithuanian posters have taken any exception to ratings of Lithuania as low as #8.

I have no problem with rankings. Everyone has an opinion. Still some of them you value, others don't. I just tried to tell my Serbian compatriot not to waste energy trying to explain himself to D&G. He has shown quite a lot of hostility towards Serbian posters, teams, players etc. before. This is the reason why. Especially during the Eurobasket 2015 time. That was just pitiful. Of course, still he has the right to his opinion. I can think that the world is flat, still doesn't mean that people should take me seriously because of that Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post

Still 5-8 is a bit of impossible meaning they will lose the first knockout to Argentina/Nigeria/Brazil/Croatia(possible 3rd teams) or even Spain if something goes wrong and then Spaniards decide to finish 3rd in order to avoid US.Lithuania will need to face France/Serbia at the first knockout and to be honest in terms of quality Lithuania is back.

P.S. It will be interesting to see the FIBA-Joke rankings after the tournament.From the little I have checked,Serbia Brazil and France will be only benefited as they missed the Olympics of 2008.Argentina and Lithuania will potentially lose if they don't finish 3/4 respectively.Greece and Russia will lose the most.Turkey in top 7
              1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

I personally can see Serbia losing their QF match vs any team from Group B - they are no longer that mentally unshakeable team from the 90's and early 00's, when you would expect to see them in a final of any big tournament. As for my beloved Lithuania, we've been quite steady in the last few tournaments, mainly thanks to our cohesion and team spirit of course, but talent wise we have huge gaping holes in PG and SG positions and in modern basketball there's only so much you can do without world class perimeter player...

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                  I have no problem with rankings. Everyone has an opinion. Still some of them you value, others don't. I just tried to tell my Serbian compatriot not to waste energy trying to explain himself to D&G. He has shown quite a lot of hostility towards Serbian posters, teams, players etc. before. This is the reason why. Especially during the Eurobasket 2015 time. That was just pitiful. Of course, still he has the right to his opinion. I can think that the world is flat, still doesn't mean that people should take me seriously because of that Right?

I do not know, how much I will sometimes have to repeat, that I nothing have against Serbia, and even on the contrary I very respect Serbia basketballs school.

Before EC-2015 when I predicted victory Lithuania against Serbia,and when it happened I was guilty of that as so think.

For the grievances that so I thought then and now, is unable to offend you

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                    I personally can see Serbia losing their QF match vs any team from Group B - they are no longer that mentally unshakeable team from the 90's and early 00's, when you would expect to see them in a final of any big tournament. As for my beloved Lithuania, we've been quite steady in the last few tournaments, mainly thanks to our cohesion and team spirit of course, but talent wise we have huge gaping holes in PG and SG positions and in modern basketball there's only so much you can do without world class perimeter player...
                    I recall that the EC 2013 silver medal winning pay entirely lost PG, and now is a much better situation in all positions.

Comment

My Power Rankings list:

1. USA
                      2. Spain
                      3. France
                      4. Australia
                      5. Lithuania
                      6. Serbia
                      7. Argentina (7th to 9th place are all very equal)
                      8. Brazil
                      9. Croatia
                      10. Nigeria
                      11. Venezuela
                      12. China

Comment

just wondering if you have ever seen a match in the last days (including the two against France)

Comment

Originally posted by Mozart View Post
                          just wondering if you have ever seen a match in the last days (including the two against France)
                          I saw all the matches in the Arena except the match against Greece. I also saw France vs Canada game, and few more

Comment

Originally posted by G&B View Post
                            I recall that the EC 2013 silver medal winning pay entirely lost PG, and now is a much better situation in all positions.
                            The guy is either too young or too uneducated I have no idea what he's talking about and obviously he doesn't what so ever Should be ignored.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by raph View Post
                              We still need to see their final list too.
                              guards: Ukić, Stipčević, Bogdanović, Hezonja, KruÅ¡lin, Simon, Babić
                              bigs: Å akić, Arapović, Planinić, Bilan, Å arić

that is our final list.
                              it will be changed only if injury occurs.
                              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

My rankings at this moment:

1. United States

2. Spain
                                3. Serbia
                                4. France
                                5. Lithuania

6. Australia
                                7. Argentina
                                8. Croatia
                                9. Venezuela
                                10. Brazil
                                11. Nigeria
                                12. China

The United States is my odds-on favourite for the Gold while Spain, Serbia, France and Lithuania will contend for the other two medals.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information